Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Announcement Archives
Meebo Meeting - 01.02.10 // Pre-Meeting Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:32 pm
Hello Everyone,
We invite everyone to attend this weeks Meebo Meeting:
On Saturday, January 2, 2010!
PST- 6:00 PM
MST- 7:00 PM
CST- 8:00 PM
EST- 9:00 PM

It is very important that everyone attend so that we can go over important updates. Its also very critical that we make the best use of the time during the meeting. To do so we ask that you post here prior to the meeting any questions that you might have. Any topics and orders of business you would like to bring up in depth please also list in this thread. From now on each Guild wide meeting will include a thread like this for Pre-Meeting Discussion.

Committee Leaders:
Please be prepared to attend the meeting or have a member of your committee present. We wish to hear from you and know of your progress! Please be prepared to share what help you may be needing, if any, and a full report of what you have in the works.

Thank You,
Pixilated Envy  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:36 pm
01.02.10 Order of Business:
30 Mins Prior to the Meeting:
Refreshments // Cookies & Milk (A time to greet & meet and gather notes.)

Meeting Start:
Everyone is asked to settle down-- turn their fonts to regular black and avoid any off-topic chat and leave discussion to a minimum.

An introduction from the Hostess. (xTrue Blissx will be speaking in RED.)

Committee Spotlight
Committee Leaders (Or their chosen representative) will be asked to take the floor and speak in PURPLE during their turns.)

- Fund raising Committee Rep
- A break down of current funds
- Current Fund Raising Projects
- Up and Coming Projects
- Where they are struggling/needing help with.

(floor open for discussion -- please speak in your respected color.)

- Plot Committee Rep
- Is the masterpiece complete? (Everyone is eager to know!)
- Run Down of the Plot
- Where they are struggling/needing help with (if any)

- Contest Committee Rep(s)
- January Contests/Events - What are they/where are they/what they need help with

- February Contests/Events - what is in the works

- Art Committee
- A report on what they are doing -- needing, etc.

(floor open for discussion - please speak in your respected color.)

- Other Committees

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Orders of Business
- A report from Blissy in RED

(floor open for discussion - please speak in your respected color = black.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inner-Guild Questions, Comments, & Conflicts

Post-Meeting Notes
Coming soon!  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:56 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

Are those times for the PM or the AM? I wouldn't want to show up at the wrong time.

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

I should be able to make it.
<3
I'll let you know if not.
And try to send someone from the plot committee in my stead.
<3
Hopefully we'll be ready to share our finalized version of the main plot at the meeting.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:48 am
I'm good to be there also. I updated my meebo tutorial with the date and times for this meeting. Can't wait!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:44 pm
I'm not sure how many people we could drag out of bed at 6 AM for a meeting-- but I will make sure to edit it to PM. biggrin (Thanks for pointing that out so that our global friends do not get confused!)

Thank you Angelisha-- I'm sure everyone will be eager to discuss the plot and it will be one of the key points in the order of business.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

I-love-Alfred-and-Iggy

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:45 pm
I dont know if all make it I'll try  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:12 pm
I suggest maybe using military time, it makes it so much easier to determine between pm or am  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

-x AoiSakura x-

4,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:08 pm
Haha, I can be to this one! Will be there for sure. With stuff! I hope. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:45 pm
We need the guild organized more. It is even messier then when we started. How does the fund raising team who only has one captain have 3 headquarters (2 of which are in the same forum the community hub), How does some committees get to force things on others or onto room hosts is beyond me. We got people not even being able to have a voice, what ever happened to our wiki? did it vanish? We don't have any guild wide announcements (which are needed) We have bickering now happening (yes i know i am one of the culprits on this one also, i am sorry), We constantly have a change in co-host, also what that heck happened to Psycho sabs? She is our host and hasn't even posted for almost a month. Come one people ball is in 6-7 months we need to pull our act together and start working and organizing. The only committee that seems to be getting really anywhere is the plot. Poyudi is doing a great job at fund raising, look at how much he is shoveling in, he should be placed as a fund raising captain. So can we atleast get organized definitely starting by January 1st?  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:24 pm
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

I'm excited to reveal it.
We've left an easy way for the room hosts to incorporate our main plot in their plots,
While still giving them a lot of freedom.
So far the members of our plot committee has been getting back to me with extremely positive feedback.
And when we posted it in the last meeting people liked it as well.
So fingers crossed that we can have main plot checked off our list of things to do by the end of this meeting.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:56 am
I'm able to attend too! ^^ I just returned to my home country after an almost two day flight, so I apologize in advance if I arrive late to the meeting due to jet lag. It'll be a challenge to wake up at that time after 2 days upon returning. xd Thanks for choosing that date, btw. I won't be able to make it otherwise. ^^"

Also, I need Guild members to post their ideas and suggestions about the February Event in the thread before the meeting, so we can save time choosing/planning the events out instead of wasting time suggesting ideas again in the meeting.

Link: February Event ^^  

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:41 am
Sheriff Dustin
We need the guild organized more. It is even messier then when we started. How does the fund raising team who only has one captain have 3 headquarters (2 of which are in the same forum the community hub), How does some committees get to force things on others or onto room hosts is beyond me. We got people not even being able to have a voice, what ever happened to our wiki? did it vanish? We don't have any guild wide announcements (which are needed) We have bickering now happening (yes i know i am one of the culprits on this one also, i am sorry), We constantly have a change in co-host, also what that heck happened to Psycho sabs? She is our host and hasn't even posted for almost a month. Come one people ball is in 6-7 months we need to pull our act together and start working and organizing. The only committee that seems to be getting really anywhere is the plot. Poyudi is doing a great job at fund raising, look at how much he is shoveling in, he should be placed as a fund raising captain. So can we atleast get organized definitely starting by January 1st?

Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

*Hugs Dustin.* Thanks for the complment! Oh yeah, and I pretty much agree with the rest of what he's saying.

Edit: Oh! Btw, I went and signed up with our Wiki and was wondering if it was approved yet?

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:39 am
Good to hear from everyone!

Regarding the wiki--
That was actually something that was handed down to Val while she was overseeing the guild. It seems more than obvious to me that should we continue to keep the wiki that we will need someone new to take over that. On the contrary, I'm excited to inform you guys that the reason the wiki was created was to be an added way to communicate and deliver announcements. The wiki was created prior to Gaia allowing for Guild Wide Announcements-- the greatest updates the guilds could possibly receive.

Just between you and I? I wonder if the update had anything to do with folks like us having to turn to other forms of communicating. With that in mind, we may no longer need the wiki as much as we formally did. If you disagree-- and think that the wiki should still remain in tact and have any interests in moderating you may post here to voice your interest!

Regarding the absent Sabs--
Reality can be a harsh mistress-- and where as I don't personally know where she is right now, I don't see any reason why we have to hold off progression while she is away. True Bliss is assisting Sabs, and I am of strong confidence that Sabs put Blissy in place for that reason. The real world can change at the drop of a hat, I know this first hand, so we have to remember that hte guild does not rely on only one person-- but the group as a whole.

As for the constant change of guild hosts? I don't think its changing enough. There has only been 3 thus far-- and if one can no longer tackle the role I think it is in everyone's best interest for their to be new ones appointed for the betterment of the guild.

As per the bickering--
Dustin hit the nail on the head. He's part of said bickering. And as the saying goes "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires". We're always going to have disagreements-- I have had my share of them with many in this thread alone-- but I am confident that we have come to the realization that we all have the best interest of the Ball in mind but don't always see eye to eye on how to achieve the best interest. In the coming days I fore see that we will all be grouping off into teams where we will be less apt to argue with one another. Try to be as constructive as possible with one another-- and try not to get ones feelings hurt too easily. We all have to work together-- and some of us more so than others. If all else fails try to surround yourselves with people you like and avoiding those you don't.

As for guild organization--
As per the new year that is our goal. And as unfortunate as it is to report-- we really have a lot less than the 6-7 months pre mentioned. But seeing as how there is such a great response in this thread-- I am assured that is a sign of our new year's resolution in full swing. The committees and their progress is going to be one of the major focal points of the meeting. If their is a lot of strife regarding one committee having more pull and dominating over another-- then I may motion that a pow-wow of sorts be held after each committee has given their reports.

As far as moving Poy into the position of fund raising capt? Let us first give the current capt a chance-- and not to mention, a capt can only be as good as their weakest member.  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:40 am
Sheriff Dustin
I suggest maybe using military time, it makes it so much easier to determine between pm or am
You would be surprised by just how many people would be equally lost with the use of military time. :>  
Announcement Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff