Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Who Wants to Get Serious? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:32 am
Disclaimer: Be Advised, the following thread will contain some ranting, some raving, and some motivational text.

With that said, are you still with me?

This board is full of outstanding ideas and some really large goals-- but, it also causes me to be very confused on just what is going on in the guild one day to the next. First there was to be Holidaze and then there is a Winter Wonderland. As a guild member who makes every attempt to be in the know-- I still managed to miss where the Holidaze thread was at. If you have the skinny, pass it to me. Now as for as the Winter Wonderland-- it seems to be about as active as the Bake sale thread. Which, doesn't seem very active-- (Only 3 pages deep, guys) I have to wonder.. are we spreading ourselves too thin? Are we giving up on one project to quickly and moving onto the next? Or are we just all not grounded onto the same page and are not including enough people in our individual goals.

We are almost to the new year folks-- and what does that mean? It means the annual ball is just around the corner. And from my view point, we are still chasing our tails. I don't know about you guys-- but I certainly don't want to be forsaking sleep nights before the ball again this year. It was no picnic for me last year-- most of you guys remember. Threads weren't ready and people were running around half mad trying to scramble to put all the pieces together. So with that in mind, I'm planning to rally up what I call.. "TEAM ENVY". Envy to be a team-- because that's what we need. Team work and practicality.

"TEAM ENVY" isn't about talking about ideas-- its about getting ideas done.

TEAM ENVY will be sponsoring one room this year and one room only. With the intent to make that room the very best room of the ball. TEAM ENVY encourages other teams-- but will only be accepting 10 of the most serious Gaians on its squad. These Gaians must share the same motivation I do-- to make the 8th Annual Ball the BEST. All members of TEAM ENVY must be prepared to contribute even if they are not hosting.

If your only intent in joining TEAM ENVY is to increase your chance of hosting a room-- we ask that you look elsewhere. However, if you are on TEAM ENVY and you do land in the position of Host you have the highest chance of being sponsored. Straws will be drawn and/or collaboration be given should more than one member of TEAM ENVY become hosts (of differing rooms.)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:38 am
Team Envy Active Members
- Pixilated Envy
- Panda of the Twilight
- iPleasure Addict
- loquitadeindiana
- OhayouGackto
- XoKennaoX
- StupidPsycho
- FishSticks Boss
- [slot]
- [slot]

Supporters of Team Envy - Non-official Members who have chosen to support and/or contribute to our cause.
- [slot]
- [slot]
- [slot]
- [slot]
- [slot]
- [slot]
- [slot]
- [slot]
- [slot]
- [slot]

To Join Team Envy:
[b][size=20]I have what it takes to be on a TEAM![/size][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]I can be reached outside of Gaia:[/b](Yes/No)
[i]I understand Team Envy values communication. I have at least access to Meebo Chat, but realizes that Team Envy prefers me to have a messenger like MSN as well.)[/i]
[b]I can be of assistance to Team Envy By:[/b]
[i]I understand Team Envy needs active members who can contribute something; be it gold, artistic abilities, role playing talents, and/or an overall great personality willing to support fundraisers by chatting/bumping, etc.[/i]
[b]I should be on Team Envy because:[/b]

Team Envy does not accept everyone. It must be well rounded. If you fit the nitch Team Envy needs than your chance of becoming a member increases. Being known by a current member of Team Envy increases your chances of being accepted also. We want all of our team members to be ready to work well with one another. We're not a snobby bunch, so if you don't know us don't hesitate to try to sign on with us.

Those who do not make the cut are still encouraged to be on our supporters list.

And I am sure that I will be asked, so for clarification..
The reason Team Envy doesn't accept everyone is it becomes far too challenging to work with people who are not willing to be committed. Too many chefs spoil the puddin'. And we like our puddin' sweet. Its also easier for delegation and planning/scheming. i.e. less time planning ideas and more time focused on getting them done. :>  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:52 am
Current Goals/Projects of Team Envy
- To establish our team.
- To support existing projects going on in the 8th Annual Guild.
- To become one with the plot.
- To determine a unique fundraiser idea to run wild with.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:53 am
[Reserved]  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:02 am
[open]  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:55 am
I have what it takes to be on a TEAM!
Name:iPleasure Addict
I can be reached outside of Gaia:Check my journal!(Yes/No)
I understand Team Envy values communication. I have at least access to Meebo Chat, but realizes that Team Envy prefers me to have a messenger like MSN as well.)
I can be of assistance to Team Envy By biggrin rawing avatars, keepingb threads alive(and not just by bumping), i have good roleplaying skills, and ive been in an operation somewhat like this before to support you guys
I understand Team Envy needs active members who can contribute something; be it gold, artistic abilities, role playing talents, and/or an overall great personality willing to support fundraisers by chatting/bumping, etc.
I should be on Team Envy because:Im an awesome person and i shall give it my all. And i will give forewarning to anyone depending on me if i should have to take a leave of absence from gaia. Imhappy go lucky, and i try to help everyone to have a nice time :3

Selim Shaydee

Sexy Sex Symbol

15,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:54 am
iPleasure Addict
Name:iPleasure Addict
I can be reached outside of Gaia:Check my journal!(Yes/No)
I understand Team Envy values communication. I have at least access to Meebo Chat, but realizes that Team Envy prefers me to have a messenger like MSN as well.)
I can be of assistance to Team Envy By biggrin rawing avatars, keepingb threads alive(and not just by bumping), i have good roleplaying skills, and ive been in an operation somewhat like this before to support you guys
I understand Team Envy needs active members who can contribute something; be it gold, artistic abilities, role playing talents, and/or an overall great personality willing to support fundraisers by chatting/bumping, etc.
I should be on Team Envy because:Im an awesome person and i shall give it my all. And i will give forewarning to anyone depending on me if i should have to take a leave of absence from gaia. Imhappy go lucky, and i try to help everyone to have a nice time :3

It will be an honor to have you-- accepted. I'll get with you later on contact info. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:56 am
User Image

~panda approved thread~

XDD but seriously, I will be around and checking on you guys. lets make this a great team!!!

Anonypanda

Girl-Crazy Risk-Taker

20,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

Loquita_de_Indiana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:38 am
Name: Loquita
I can be reached outside of Gaia: Yes You know it baby!
I understand Team Envy values communication. I have at least access to Meebo Chat, but realizes that Team Envy prefers me to have a messenger like MSN as well.) I have Yahoo, MSN, and AIM, and access to Meebo
I can be of assistance to Team Envy By: yeppers
I should be on Team Envy because: I can do it ALL! LOL ANd I helped be some support last year without even coming to the ball really!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:10 am
Name: OhayouGackto
I can be reached outside of Gaia: Yep
I can be of assistance to Team Envy By: Doing what ever needs done!
I should be on Team Envy because: Because I rock like that xp  

OhayouGackto

Ninja_of_clouds

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:50 am
I just want to make sure before you take this any further was it approved by Bliss or Sabs?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 am
Name: Poyudi Hytori
I can be reached outside of Gaia: Yes
I can be of assistance to Team Envy By: I can do a lot of different things to help out, as Pixi probably already knows.
I should be on Team Envy because: I'd like a second chance at working with Pixi, and getting committed people to work together like this is a great idea. I'm not the type who normally likes waiting on other people to come up with ideas. I prefer simply taking action to get the task done other then talking about the task.

Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

I dunno what happened to the Holidaze event Pixi. Wish I did. Although you should know that the winter wonder land event hasn't even started yet. (Which I started working on because I thought someone wanted an event made for January.)

Well anyway, even if I don't make the team, I'll still help you out anytime you need it. Just ask.

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Anonypanda

Girl-Crazy Risk-Taker

20,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:02 am
Ninja_of_clouds
I just want to make sure before you take this any further was it approved by Bliss or Sabs?
User Image

It's fine. Why do you need to make sure anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:06 am
@OhayouGackto & loqi: Thanks for coming on board Team Envy biggrin

@Ninja: Trust me when I say that I have plenty of approval-- whether or not I am in the wrong forum, that part I am not entirely sure of. The ladies have a strict preference on how they like the topics arranged. I don't believe we've met. I generally prefer to work behind the scenes. I like to get things done. And I plan to do the same this year as I did last year. However, this year I am taking a more active approach and gearing up a team to help me-- and doing so early. If you're interested in coming on board I encourage you to fill out an application and let us get a chance to get to know you. ^_^

Edit : @Poy: I'm going to consider your application. I know we bumped heads a lot on the last ball-- but I am certain it was us both having lack of sleep and good intentions. I am going to need to make sure that we're not going to be clashing in our goals and projects. Via my reading I noticed you were raising funds with Blueforest? Eeek.. or was it another forest.. sorry I speed read in here a lot to catch up. So I am wondering if we would need a merger or an alliance of some sort first?  

Pixilated Envy
Crew

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:09 am
Grandmother got ran over by a reindeer walking home from our house Christmas eve.....

Wow, I didn't think either of you two were still in this thread. >.>'

.....You may not believe in Santa Claws, but as for me and gram-pa, we believe.

Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff