Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Sidreal verses Tropical- I don't get it! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:45 pm
And when I say it, I mean, I don't understand why people would choose Tropical Astrology over Sidreal Astrology.

What theory is behind it?

I mean, I understand why I use Sidreal Astrology. Ultimately it's a matter of tradition, yeah, but when we're talking about planets and signs and the like, having it match to the constellation makes a certain amount of sense.

Okay. So for those of you who are into Tropical Astrology, explain it to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:10 pm
um...

What is Tropical Astrology?

What is Sidreal Astrology?

I have never heard of these before, perhaps I am familiar, but just unaware of the proper names.  

whiporwill-o

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:37 pm
whiporwill-o
um...

I have never heard of these before, perhaps I am familiar, but just unaware of the proper names.
Tropical and Sidreal Astrology are the two most common forms of Astrology.

The difference is if we are aligning via the sun or aligning via the sun and the constellations. Tropical being the former, Sidreal being the latter.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:59 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o
um...

Tropical and Sidreal Astrology are the two most common forms of Astrology.

The difference is if we are aligning via the sun or aligning via the sun and the constellations. Tropical being the former, Sidreal being the latter.

thank you much smile

sorry, i can't answer your question, i'm [obviously] not well versed in astrology. (but i have always wanted one of those big inflatable domes with a projector in it that makes the inside look like the night sky, it would be like camping outside in, lol)  

whiporwill-o

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:31 pm
And here I was prepared to talk about Exalted sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:14 am
For me honestly, I don't know much about sidereal and I'm not really sure where to start. All I've ever known is tropical and it's worked for me in my natal reading though I will give the benefit of the doubt that there might be some "psychological forcing" (can't think of the word I mean to say here) because I do falter and am less objective than I would like to be.

In my defense of using this system. I guess it would be that I take a world view that though the world and universe changes there are things that are fixed fundamentally. Since my use of this system takes a view as above, like below, as below, like above. There are characteristics about who we are fundamentally that are consistent.

I'm posting this now because well if I am wrong about this view I am now comfortable enough that I can drop it if shown why this is wrong.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:31 am
rmcdra

In my defense of using this system. I guess it would be that I take a world view that though the world and universe changes there are things that are fixed fundamentally. Since my use of this system takes a view as above, like below, as below, like above. There are characteristics about who we are fundamentally that are consistent.
Okay. Now this is what I was hunting for.

Can you explain the mechanics.
What makes it fundamentally fixed?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:57 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Sidereal Astrology for the win.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:56 pm
CuAnnan
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Sidereal Astrology for the win.
For the ******** win. I killed an Death Knight on a toilet thanks to that s**t.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:41 pm
To get this somewhat back on topic... Cu, Celeblin stare , if anyone wants to know what their Hellenic Sidreal Sun Sign would be, post here and I'll let you know.  

TeaDidikai

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:45 pm
TeaDidikai
To get this somewhat back on topic... Cu, Celeblin stare , if anyone wants to know what their Hellenic Sidreal Sun Sign would be, post here and I'll let you know.

What kind of information would you need, exactly? My curiosity hath been piqued.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:48 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai

What kind of information would you need, exactly? My curiosity hath been piqued.

Month and day of birth.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:50 pm
Example: I'm a Taurus. Yay me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:55 pm
TeaDidikai
Month and day of birth.

Well that's easy. February the 6th. biggrin  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:57 pm