Independent musicians? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skeletal Refrains

Heart Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:46 pm
It's really hard for me to make and record music, since I'm in high school and am an independent musician. I can't find anyone to collaborate with, thus making my musical dream harder to accomplish.

Does anyone else struggle with this sort of thing?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:22 am
y collaborate? just go solo.
and there are alternate modes of recording. im using a webcam. i've also used a digital camera.  

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

Protecter_Soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:40 pm
I have this problem all the time... I hope that changes soon though I would love to share my music o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 pm
i dont actually record mine if people wanna hear them then they either gotta sing it in their head or i'll sing it.  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:08 am
I have no problems. But then, I'm not in school. I'm working and earning, so I guess it makes sense.

I bought myself a high-end desktop pc and I have a professional microphone, so it's all good. ^_^

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging x_x sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:37 am
StudioGilliam
I have no problems. But then, I'm not in school. I'm working and earning, so I guess it makes sense.

I bought myself a high-end desktop pc and I have a professional microphone, so it's all good. ^_^

keep in mind electronic music is easier, since its starts out already on the computer. i put out my chiptunes way faster than my regular stuff  

A B Up Start

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:24 am
A B Up Start
StudioGilliam

keep in mind electronic music is easier, since its starts out already on the computer. i put out my chiptunes way faster than my regular stuff

This is correct. That's why I moved to electronica... That and you can do way more with a computer than you can with a guitar and a stomp box.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:29 pm
I'm in high school... Recording and collaborating music is extremely easy if you do electronica (which I do).
It's pretty simple actually for other instruments also... You just need and amp-to-USB connector, which is like twenty dollars.
You shouldn't need a high quality microphone either, I find headsets (with a mic) to work just fine for me if I need to record my voice.

Oh yeahhh... Garage Band also makes recording uber easy :]  

Fenpex

A B Up Start

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm
the impression i get from the author of this thread though is that she doesnt really have much (if any) musical skill.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:14 am
Also, I should probably be ashamed to say I'm a Windows user. eek

I use FL Studio 8 XXL and does everything I need it to do. I've used Logic Pro before, but I didn't get a lot of time on it to form a decent opinion about it.  

StudioGilliam

Fenpex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:43 pm
StudioGilliam
Also, I should probably be ashamed to say I'm a Windows user. eek

I use FL Studio 8 XXL and does everything I need it to do. I've used Logic Pro before, but I didn't get a lot of time on it to form a decent opinion about it.

Yayyy, someone who admits that Windows sucks for music editing!!! Lol
I use a Mac for my stuff... I find using a PC too hard to edit with.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:50 pm
windows could be better, but its not a major problem  

A B Up Start

StudioGilliam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:13 am
Well, yeah. I wouldn't say Windows sucks at all. It works for what I need, afterall.

But alas, Mac is the industry standard and if I ever decided to get serious with this, I'd want to get a Mac and Logic Pro  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 pm
i used to have this kind of problem.. it's really hard cause you have to pay attention to school and little time for your music.
I got through by learning what software to use and how to use it, which microphone was good, and in my budget. Problem is I pay more attention to my music than I do to school. But it still is possible to be a Independent Musician.  

XIX Eli XIX

babystarkatt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:05 pm
It's not much easier once you're out of high shcool either.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff