Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Freelance's weight loss thread. [MOVED] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Losing weight is...
  Fun!
  Really hard
  Totally worth it!
View Results

freelance lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:13 pm
IMPORTNAT: This blog has moved to skinnyliz@blogspot. I would love it if you guys would subscribe and follow my blog. It would really encourage me. Thanks!

This is just so I can track my weight loss. This will be tricky, since I don't really believe in weighing myself. I believe in losing weight until I feel comfortable, I think the number is irrelevant. I'll try to post actual numbers when I can, but since no one in my apartment seems to own a scale, we'll see how that goes.

Current stats.
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 142lbs
Goal weight: About 125lbs
Goal to lose weight by: The end of m spring semester, so early May. I don't really care if I'm necessarily at my goal weight by then, I just want a noticeable weight loss to be apparent. I also want to buy a new corset in April for my Ren Faire costume, so I want to be ready for that! My best friend is also getting married in August and I'm a bridesmaid, and I would ideally like to be at my goal weight by then.

Some of these pictures are from last year, but honestly, my body hasn't changed much, maybe five pounds one way or the other.

As you can see, I carry my weight in my thighs.

And my ghetto booty.
Again, butt and thighs = large.
A more recent picture.
Aaand, just so you can see my legs better.

Why I'd like to lose weight.

I want to be healthy. I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac, and I think I will just feel better about my overall health if I lose the extra weight. I want to feel healthy and not get winded going up stairs, etc. I want to know I'm healthy and that I'm not disrespecting my body which is something very important to me. Losing weight and working out will give me more energy and will lead to an improved quality of life. I look forward to being in the best shape of my life!

I want to feel more confident. I'm in a sorority full of beautiful women which sometimes makes me feel out of place. Plus I'd just feel better- I've been wearing a lot of sweats and t-shirts recently since I just don't feel as comfortable with my body as I used to. I want to be able to wear pretty clothes again and feel good in them. I want to enjoy clothes shopping and not feel frustrated every time I try something on.

And finally, I'd like to do it for my boyfriend. He thinks I'm beautiful exactly as I am, but what guy wouldn't be thrilled with their girlfriend getting in better shape? It may also encourage him to start working out, which is something he's been meaning to do but hasn't gotten around to. Him taking care of his body is very important to me, especially because he's currently a smoker. I want us to both be healthy and feel good about ourselves, especially since we plan on being together for a very long time! Besides, if I lose weight I might feel a little more comfortable in some of my lingerie, which will be a treat for both of us!

What I'm currently doing.

Eating less, eating better.

Exercise! Cardio, as well as some toning!

I'll hopefully begin going to the gym when I get back to school in January.

There we go, I'll keep you guys posted!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:26 pm
Food for the day:

Breakfast
Honey Nut Cheerios with milk

Lunch
Cinnamon pretzel
A handful of cheese popcorn
(I was at the mall Christmas shopping...)

Dinner
Fried rice with chicken and plenty of vegtables
Some caramel popcorn

EDIT: I ended up going out for bubble tea with a friend I haven't seen in about a year. I did at least avoid the really milky ones with whipped topping though!

I'll probably have an apple or a tangerine later tonight if I get hungry again.
I'm also sore from my little work out, which is a good sign. I'll be adding more to it as I start toning up more.

Not the best meals ever, but it's a start!

freelance lover

Ligand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:29 pm
:] I don't know if the popcorn is entirely healthy, but otherwise, lovely start razz  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:33 pm
Well, this popcorn probably isn't since it's cheese/caramel. Usually I eat air popped popcorn and then lightly season it with some salt, pepper, and a little butter. It's pretty healthy for a snack as opposed to other things, so I opt for it most of the time. My sister's boyfriend's family gave us a big tin of popcorn for the holidays though, and I couldn't resist having just a little.

I have a major sweet tooth, it's a work in progress xD I figure it's better than the alternatives which were cookies or ice cream.

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:30 pm
Food for the day:

Breakfast
Slept late, so none.

Lunch
Chipotle burrito bowl

And apple at about 2:00

Dinner
Grilled chicken
Green beans
Couscous
A big bowl of salad with radishes, cucumber, green onions and my mom's homemade salad dressing
A few handfuls of caramel popcorn

Yes, I realize how many calories most Chipotle contains, but I opted for a bowl instead of a burrito, which cuts out a good chunk of empty carb calories. I also didn't eat breakfast so I was kind of covering two meals.

We'll see how the next couple days go- Christmas Eve with my mom and then Christmas day with my dad. We usually go out for Chinese, so we'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:25 pm
Breakfast
Honey Nut Cheerios and milk

Lunch
Five potstickers
Caramel corn
Glass of milk

Dinner
Spicy fried chicken
Fried rice
Egg roll

Yeah, so today was kind of a failure, but Christmas Eve is almost as big of a deal in my family as Christmas itself it. I probably ate too much for dinner, but Chinese for Christmas Eve is a tradition.

I can't promise how I'll eat tomorrow either, I'm flying up to visit my dad and we'll see what he has prepared.

I'll be out of town visiting my dad until the 29th, so I'll try to update but I might not get the chance.

Merry Christmas!

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:09 pm
So I'm not even going to update until the 30th again. I'm visiting my dad in Illinois who I only see a few times a year. Problem is he's really putting himself out for my sister and I, and he got more food that he could possibly need or want. The consequence of this is I have to eat it, or he gets pissed at me. (Like, seriously. He made stuffing for Thanksgiving a few year ago which I have NEVER liked and got angry when I didn't eat it.)

So basically, I'm stuck eating whatever it is he serves. I'm trying to eat as many vegetables and stuff as I can, but I'm also stuck eating all these cookies he's bought.

Worst of all, I'm not really able to do what minimal exercise I have been doing, since there's not room.

So basically it sucks and I feel fat sad But I'm going to be hardcore on it once I get back on the 29th. New Years may trip me up slightly, but I'm going to do my best to stay healthy even then.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Oh my goodness!!! Chinese used to be a tradition for Xmas Eve in my family too!! This year we changed it to mexican because it doesn't sit well with at least 3 members of my family. I missed Chinese this year. ;__;

Also, may I ask where in Illinois? I'm originally from Illinois (now living in WI) and grew up in near Brookfield Zoo. I have family all over Illinois, mainly near the Chicagoland area, but my parents are in the Peoria area. biggrin Small world...

Anbaachan

freelance lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:12 pm
Anbaachan

Oh my goodness!!! Chinese used to be a tradition for Xmas Eve in my family too!! This year we changed it to mexican because it doesn't sit well with at least 3 members of my family. I missed Chinese this year. ;__;

Also, may I ask where in Illinois? I'm originally from Illinois (now living in WI) and grew up in near Brookfield Zoo. I have family all over Illinois, mainly near the Chicagoland area, but my parents are in the Peoria area. biggrin Small world...

My dad's in O'Fallon, which is right outside of St. Louis. I'm really not that familiar with Illinois, since I grew up in Texas. My dad moved up here when my parents got divorced about five years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:16 am

Gotcha. That's way more south than anyone I know lives. biggrin But that's okay. Good luck on your diet, btw. I know what you mean though to feel obligated to eat the food someone has bought you. It's frustrating because you wanna diet, but the foods are normally good... so you're resisting and it's no fun. stay strong! I'm cheering for you! Lol.

Anbaachan

freelance lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:45 pm
Thanks a lot! I've kind of let the last week slide, because New Years is a big deal with my friends too. My mom's making a special lunch, but after today it's time to get hardcore!

Anyway, got home from Illinois and then I was supposed to go out to my friend's for New Years, but got in a car wreck gonk We're all find and doing okay, but I ended up staying in town with another friend. A good evening in the ending. I am a little sore in my shoulders though, so I haven't done an exercises today, so as not to aggravate it.

So now it's TIME TO MOTIVATE MYSELF. I AM going to lose the weight this year, and I am going to work out!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:48 pm
Food for the day:

Breakfast:
Special K and milk

Lunch:
Potato soup
Lettuce and bacon sandwich on wheat with a little mayo

Snack:
Banana
A few crackers
Half a tangerine

Dinner:
Pasta with meat sauce
Salad with cucumber and radishes and homemade dressing.

I also did my short little exercise routine again today, since I'm not too sore anymore. And I've avoided all sweets, which is my major project right now. I'm trying to cut almost all junk food out of my diet- auurrgg!

So, not too bad. The salad dressing and potato soup are both homemade, and a lot healthier for anything out of a bottle or can. I've done well today though, so I'm feeling pretty good!

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:56 pm
Food for the day...

Breakfast:
Special K with milk

Lunch:
Zucchini pie (puffy pastry filled with zucchini, tomatoes, egg, ham, onions... supper yummy!)
Salad (same as usual)

Dinner:
Spetchle (german pasta) with butter
Beef burgundy
Butterfinger mini

Snack:
I'll probably have a banana later tonight.

Not too bad so far. I'm combating my love of chocolate by allowing myself one small piece of candy, like a Hershey's kiss or something. I should find some dark chocolate candies- anti-oxidants xD My diet will probably be changing a little in a few days when I head back up to school. Right now I'm kind of indulging in my mother's delicious homemade food, since I get it so infrequently. Fortunately most of it is still pretty healthy, so it's all good.

In other news, I hate laundry day. Why? Because I have to wash my jeans and then dry them, and then they shrink and I have to wiggle into them and it makes me feel fat D: I can't wait until some of the weight comes off and my jeans start fitting looser- it'll be a really great day!

I wasn't able to do my exercise today, because my back has been bothering me again. I'll hopefully get to see a masoos soon or something. This car wreck is just screwing me over. I'm looking into getting a yoga tape soon to help out, and once I'm back at school I'll be able to use the elliptical so that's good.

But so far I'm staying on track! Yay me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:34 pm
Food for the day:

Breakfast:
Woke up late, so I skipped it.

Lunch:
Spetchle with butter
Banana

Snack:
Apple

Dinner:
Two slices of rotisserie chicken
Uncle Ben's Wild Rice
Steamed broccoli
Three biscuits D:
Salad

I might have a chocolate dipped pretzel later tonight, but just one. My friend made them for Christmas.

So today was mildly successful. Shouldn't have had all those biscuits, but they're small and oh so tasty. Ah well. Tomorrow will be difficult too, since I'm making my goody bags for my friend for Christmas. Lots of chocolate and temptation. I'll try to be good though, and compensate those calories else where.

In other news, I weight myself today. Still 142, which I was at the beginning of December. I guess I can't expect much, as I've only been dieting and such seriously for a few days. The goods news is that I didn't gain weight over the break- huzzah!

I've also felt extremely sedentary, since I basically just sit around and don't do a lot. Once school starts I'll be up and moving a lot more. The sedentary-ness is just really starting to get to me now. Tomorrow I may just go to the mall to walk around, just so I feel like I'm going something. I also haven't been doing any exercises, since my back is still bothering me. I'm looking into getting to a massage therapy school for a discounted massage when I head back to school on Thursday or Friday. At least the elliptical is low impact, and I plan on starting that on Monday or Tuesday, depending on my class schedule.

I'm hanging in there! There's still hope!

freelance lover

freelance lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm
Food for the day:

Breakfast:
Special K and milk

Lunch:
Two small cheese and chicken queseillas. My mom's leftovers.

Dinner:
Piece of sausage
Green beans/broccoli
Potatoes and carrots stew thingy
A lot of my mom's homemade salad

Desert:
A slice of German Chocolate Cake gonk

Yeah, screwed up on the cake, but my mom made it for a birthday party at work and brought home a slice specifically for me. Tomorrow won't be stellar either, since my friend and I are making a special trip to Chicken Express, since it's not really around where we are. I'm gong to try to eat as well as possible for the rest of the day though.

The good news is that, while the cake was quite tasty, I didn't really want it. I really ate it since it was something nice my mom did for me. I also made haystacks and haven't really eaten one (though I did eat a few crumbs). Hopefully I'll resist while making oreo bombs later tonight!

I'll also be heading back to school on Thursday, so my mother can stop tempting me with delicious home cooked food soon too. I'm just enjoying the home cooking while I can I guess.

I also at least got out and moved today. It was just running some errands and walking around the mall, but it was better than sitting around, which is what I've done the last two days. We're making progress!

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff