Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
Similarities between McGee's Alice and Burton's AiW Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Okay don't get me wrong, I want to watch Burton's movie (Alan Rickman as the caterpillar...so cool!) but I was on Wikipedia and found something that just seemed too similar to American McGee's Alice (video game, going to be adapted into a movie at some point).

"The White Rabbit claims to have come back for Alice because she is the only one who can slay the Jabberwock, the beast who guards the Red Queen's empire. Alice remains completely unaware of why she is in Wonderland, and is confused about the fact that she had once visited Wonderland years before. She then embarks big and small on an adventure of self discovery and to save Wonderland from the Red Queen's reign of terror with the help of her Wonderland friends."

McGee's Alice had the Jabberwock as aligned with the Queen, and only by defeating him and gaining the Jabberwock's Eye Staff could you get into the Queen's Realm. And of course you had to defeat the Queen to save Wonderland, with help of course

Now there are many differences between them too, but...I dunno, thought I should point it out...also apparently Burton will be combining the characters of the Queen of Hearts and the Red Queen, which McGee's Alice did.

Any thoughts on this? Or other information?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:38 pm
it reminds me a little of what syfy did too with the red queen rage.  

A DEADLY KITT3N

10,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pretty Ninja Rave Girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:39 pm
I think it just fits into Tim Buton's style, and it could be a total coincedence.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:56 pm
yeah it is his style death and despair with a great ending biggrin  

A DEADLY KITT3N

10,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pretty Ninja Rave Girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:57 pm
Or, as Sherlock Holmes says it, "Coincedence? I think not, doctor watson."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:06 pm
lolz at the sherlock holmes thing. i wanna see that movie soooo bad xd  

A DEADLY KITT3N

10,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pretty Ninja Rave Girl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:08 pm
Same here, once I stop being such a lazy bum and go.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:34 pm
hehe i just have no money to see it crying  

A DEADLY KITT3N

10,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Xi Wang chan

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:56 pm
I still looking for more info, since I had knowledge about McGee's version, ina moment I was thinking about if both are the same, bust cast is different oO... I want to see both definitely OwO...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:04 am
No they're not the same, just seem to have some similarities. I'm hoping they're both going to be quite different from each other though, as I want to enjoy both movies.  

Azure Caterpillar

arika-toteshi-ka

12,800 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:07 pm
Isn't McGee's Alice a computer game? Or are they making a movie based off of that too? well I really really can't wait for Tim Burton's version!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:45 pm
Can't wait till march ^^  

IvyRose-Wolf-Demon

6,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 am
McGee's Alie is a video game for the PC that was made in 2000, a second game and apparently a movie is being made at the moment.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:11 pm
I'm a fan of Tim Burtons movies as well as American Mcgee's Alice in wonderland.Both have a lot similarites,i do think that it is purely coincidence,because I have faith in Tim Burton to not be a con artist.

HOWEVER!! I am upset that Tim Burton is reciving the credit for "twisting" Alice in Wonderland,when its been done before.Just because hes a famous movie director doesn't mean he deserves all the glory.  

-Adasu Yasami-

Timid Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 am
Yeah I agree, besides I think McGee's Alice will probably still be more twisted than Burton's. McGee's Alice isn't meant for kids after all, it's practicallly a horror.  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff