Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Unofficial List of Things To Do When You're Having a Craving

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ligand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:46 am
I figured this could be a thread where..people could make their own list of things they enjoy doing to distract themselves from random cravings. They can also look at other people's lists and find things there. So erm I guess, make your own list, then post a link to it in your weight loss diary. smile

My list: biggrin
First: Ask yourself if you're actually hungry. Talk to your stomach smile Is it grumbly? Talk to your brain/ mouth? Are they just being jerks trying to ruin your weight loss? D: If they are smile you had better consult the list!

Second: Get a lovely bottle of water and drink it of course smile

Third - Do-Something-Else:
I've found that it's easier to forget about the cravings if you do something that requires your full attention .

Brain Tinglers:
Sporcle
Japanese IQ Test (FUN!)
Mental Floss
Studying - I can't be the only student here, give it a try!
Sudoku
Puzzle
Reading (Reread Harry Potter? :0...Fanfic? ..Assigned Reading , I know you have some!)

Creative Things:

Sewing - (http://www.youtube.com/user/ThreadBanger )
Writing/Journalism/Blogging

Drawing /Scribbling
Craft?

Active Things:

Jump Rope
Take a Walk
DDR
Dance like an idiot since no one else is looking smile
Weight Lift With Cans
Jumping Jacks
Go for a Swim
Shower /Long Bath
Clean Your House
Organize your backpack/desk area
Mindless Things that are distracting nonetheless :

Gaiaonline (roleplay, jigsaw, chitty chat, remind yourself of your weightloss goals by looking at this guild!)
addictivegames (google it)
Orisinal

Find Some New Music (4shared.com, pandora, myspace, winamp radio [amazing], imeem...etc etc)
facebook
myspace
twitter
Cursor Invisible (FUN)
youtube
collegehumor
veoh
hulu
quicksilverscreen.com (check the forum area, very good for movies)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 am
I ******** love orisinal.com. biggrin biggrin

That gives me an idea I hadn't really thought about before. I've learned a bunch of piano songs from that website. It's pretty much impossible to eat while you're practicing an instrument. So if you have a food craving, practicing an instrument will keep you from eating AND it's productive!

But usually if I feel hungry when I've already eaten too much, chewing gum keeps me from overdoing it.  

__penguin__
Captain

Nolone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:47 pm
when i get a craving, i just drink 2 or 3 cups of water and most of the time it goes away.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 pm
When i get a craving i get one of my favorite books, some warm tea and curl up by the fireplace and read on my bean bag chair. In short: Reading and warm teas help. True fax.  

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

YourLittleLovingNightmare

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 am
1. Watch Star Trek! Then i just think "Hey, if i stuff my face i'll never get in shape to join starfleet" XD

2. Go to www.hottopic.com and look at all the clothes i hope to fit into by summer!!!

3. Take a nice long bath. That why you're trapped in comfort and cant grab food.

4. Go volunteer at the local animal shelter and walk dogs ( i worked at animal control adoption center for 4 years and now i volunteer there...i hated having two jobs so i had to quit ;_; )

5. re-arrange your bedroom! my room is 21ft x 13ft and i have a lot of furniture so i BURN CALORIES and ignore the cravings!!! After you're done you'll even have a comfy new room and you'll be tired enough to fall asleep XD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:39 pm
I chew sugarless gum when I'm craving something that I can't/don't really want to eat. Sometimes I'm just craving the sensation of chewing and I can fake myself out by chewing gum instead of eating food.  

CherokeeAlex

frakkin

Wheezing Pieslinger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I drink mint tea, with no sugar or milk. It's yummy.

Or go for a walk.

Also, you could puree a frozen banana. It's like icecream. You could try experimenting with adding other ingredients like peanut butter or spices for extra flavour, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:15 pm
I'm gonna try puree-ing the frozen banana. I might try it with pumpkin as well and add some spices. That sounds really good!

Anyway, here's my plan of action:

1. Am I really hungry? No, probably not. Now, I could eat whatever I'm craving, but how fat and sick will I feel after I eat it. I'll feel crappy for several hours afterward. Totally not worth it.

2. Facebook and Gaia: my anti-homework (and anti-junk food!)

3. Look at Victoria's Secret website and remind myself I'll never look that good in the lingerie if I don't lose weight wink

4. Homeworkhomeworkhomeowrk. I always have crap to do, maybe I should actually do it?

5. Cleaning. Again, something that always needs to be done, I should do it.

6. I just don't buy food that's bad for me. Instead of buying chips, I buy edemame, vegetables, etc. Buy snack foods that aren't good. I usually will get the 100 calorie backs, so if I want some cookies, I can have some knowing I'm not exceeding 100 cal. Yogurt and applesauce are also great, especially if you have a sweet tooth like me.

7. Remind myself how good I'll feel once I've lost all the weight, and that THAT will feel way better than any snack I could possibly eat right now.

freelance lover

Madame de Sousa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:45 pm
When I have a craving I brush my teeth. biggrin  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games