Submit

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:48 am
Well, as some people may say, Ska is kinda unknown to the big scene and therefore you'll never see it anywhere on television or in the movies. So I made this thread to post your sightings.

I'll start off..o.o I guess.

On comedy central there's alot of entrance music that has a Ska rythm.
-The Daily Show with John Stewart: The entrance song for his show.
-Premium Blend: When I watch some of the old ones, the band that plays is usually somewhat Jazzy or Reggae...

...On the simpsons they made a refrence to Ska. I'm not positive what they said but Ned Flanders was talking to this singer for a Christian band and she said something along the lines of "We just lost our drummer to a Satanic Ska band"...

Also, I do recall a Hepcat song was used to advertise a beer... I think it was "Can't wait" ...But I'm not positive on that.

In a Taco Bell commercial a couple years back, I distinctly remember that kid wearing an Op Ivy t-shirt too. The song playing was familiar too...

I'm not sure if this would count or not, but while watching National Lampoon's Van Wilder, I heard the 'Bleed American' song by Jimmy Eat World...

That sums it up for me... I know I'm forgetting to add some.. but whatever..^.^;; Now go out and scourge the media for any traces of Ska! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:39 pm
I remember seeing that Simpsons episode, however I didnt see any of the other things that you mentioned, I dont watch much tv  

Mrs. Happy Pants

koolbeanzkt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:05 pm
reel big fish is seen and plays in Baseketball, the mighty mighty bosstones are seen and play in Clueless, and the theme song for Kablam! is the toaster's song 2 tone army.

smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:24 am
koolbeanzkt
and the theme song for Kablam! is the toaster's song 2 tone army.

smile

Are you sure...? I mean it does sound kind of familiar from what I remember of Kablam...  

Hobbes

SilentPalpatine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:32 pm
Hobbes
koolbeanzkt
and the theme song for Kablam! is the toaster's song 2 tone army.

smile

Are you sure...? I mean it does sound kind of familiar from what I remember of Kablam...

Yeah, its them, but on the credits they are under a diffrent name.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:36 pm
I'm pretty sure on the show Next they have Ska playing in the background.  

SilentPalpatine

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:02 pm
Mighty Mighty BossTones!~<3 Wasn't there a skinhead in that movie as well?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:31 pm
Oh ya, on the one Pimp My Ride this chick had a truck I think and it had a black and white "Ruder than you" sticker.

Xibit had no idea what the hell that meant and he said something as rude being not polite or something like that.

Ahh the wonders of television.  

409 in your coffee

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:57 pm
I went off to watch Clueless this morning just because I missed the Bosstones the first time.
It was awesome.

I saw that Pimp My Ride too, it was bizarre what he said. Whatever it was.

Oh yeah, and Save Ferris is in 10 Things I Hate About You.
They play the "I know" at the dance, and another song I forget the name of.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:42 pm
Uh, the Voodoo Glow Skulls - Shoot The Moon is in Biodome...  

Hobbes

Leveller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:21 am
Electric Uncle Akuma
Oh yeah, and Save Ferris is in 10 Things I Hate About You.
They play the "I know" at the dance, and another song I forget the name of.

Also Wings of a Dove by Madness is in that movie....(yesh it's from their pop era, but still is better than most ska musik nowdays)

And when we are talking about ska and movies,
Ghost Town by The Specials apears in Snatch and in Mean Machine you can hear the beginning of Baggy Trousers by Madness...
it's not ska but in Loch Stock you can hear Police and Thives...by Lee "Scratch" Perry if I remember it right....  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:09 pm
There's a lot of Less Than Jake in Grind.
And I think I heard some ska on a commercial for Miami Ink... o.O
And Less Than Jake sung We're All Dudes on that Keenan and Kel movie... Burger...something o.O I can't remember right now.  

Noriko_Mimura

Asthen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:12 pm
they play reel big fish, madness, and bosstones as background music for shows on mtv and vh1 like i love the 80s and made.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:19 am
In the 5 minutes of some William Shatner movie they were showing on tv, they played Five Iron Frenzy's "Oh Canada".  

Rick _Vegas

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:08 pm
Mrs. Happy Pants
I remember seeing that Simpsons episode, however I didnt see any of the other things that you mentioned, I dont watch much tv
Actually in that Simpsons episode I think they're directly referring to Mephiskapheles.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff