Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Tread to Shed Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ligand

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:53 am
Tread -♥-2-♥- Shed
And yes, I did finally decide to format this.

-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

¤|Reasons| Well, I have quite a few reasons to want to lose weight. While some might be considerably shallow, the others aren't.

8888888♥ My First reason would probably be to keep my gallbladder. I was diagnosed with gallstones and given the option to either a) have a surgery and get it removed or b) change my lifestyle. I chose the latter.

8888888♥My Second reason would be for prom. This year will be my first and last time going to prom, so I'd like to look presentable :]

8888888♥I live in Florida xO, I want to wear a bikini lol.

8888888♥ I'd love to feel better! I want to be capable of running long distances, rock climbing, intense lazaaar tagging without my body getting too tired.

-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

¤|Plans| Of course every great weight loss journey needs a plan. I think my weight issue stems from lack of exercise. I don't think I overeat on most days, so most of my efforts will be put into changing my activity.

8888888♥ Work in exercise everyday. I know I hate cardio, so I'll stick to the things that are easy and low intensity. Biking and Walking seem to be alright with me.

8888888♥ Bike to School on weekdays (approx. 1 hour and a half per day) and Take a brisk morning walk on weekends.

8888888♥ I also plan to increase my intake of Fiber, water, poly and monounsaturated fats.

8888888♥ Take a multivitamin. (Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Chromium, Pantothenic Acid and Iodine have been said to be great assistants in losing weight)

8888888♥ Strength Training with my ankle weights.

8888888♥ Taking diligent notes in this journal

8888888♥ Staying Motivated with pictures of positive things I associate with being skinny.

¤|Products|

8888888♥ I'm currently taking a target brand "Up and Up" multivitamin/multimineral dietary supplement. Review: Well, I got 130 tablets for about 4 dollars. I think the vitamins have been pretty stellar, since I've started taking them I do feel more alert and awake. Perhaps I had developed some sort of deficiency before I started taking them, who knows. I can however positively say these vitamins are doing their job. My only issue with them is that they are hard and I would have preferred a soft capsule so my body could absorb more of the vitamin's nutrients.

8888888♥ Coupla' weeks ago I bought "Gold's Gym" 3 pound ankle/ wrists weights from WalMart (1.5 pounds per weight). They cost about 12 dollars I believe. Review: I would have to say I'm in love with these thing, definitely worth buying. Not only do you get weights, you also get a small poster that has several workouts you can do with the weights.

¤|Statistics| Suppose this is the part where I tell you things about myself eh? 8D

8888888♥ My Name is Portia , I live in florida and I look like this, and this and this and this & this.

8888888♥ My Current weight is like 152 148

8888888♥ I'm Five foot six inches

8888888♥ I would like to be 125 pounds by July (My birthday and anime con! )

8888888♥ Measurements: 34 inch around the largest part of my tummy , 41 inch bust, 33 inch underbewb 8D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:05 am
December 12th
Breakfast: Kay so I woke up late, around noon...
12:00 -- Salad(tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, and those vegan bacon bit things) with a mustard dressing (mustard, vinegar, pinch of sugar, dash of soy sauce - not as bad as it sounds D: )
Then a few minutes later, a PB& J sandwich with wonderbread.

smile Let's go!

Lunch-dinner thing: 3:30 ish? I'm not sure if this counts as lunch or dinner..anyhow
I had fried rice (with olive oil mind you) w/ mushrooms, tofu, and garlic.

I'll probably have a salad similar to the one I had for breakfast around 6:30 ish. I think I might be sick or something D: I've felt like I didn't wanna be arsed to eat anything for the most part.  

Ligand

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:20 am
Good luck! You make losing weight sound like fun. lol Any exercise plans, or are you just changing your diet?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:15 am
=) Hmmph I'm trying to figure out a decent exercise plan. I have a jumprope, I'm saving up for a bike ( D: although that isn't going so well lolz) , and idk what to do for exercise really.

We aren't rich people or even middle class for that matter so the gym isn't something I can afford. I'm too embarrassed to run xD. >.< The arcade is on the other side of town, so daily DDR is out of the question.

I found some exercises online that looked promising though.
-Weight Lifting with cans
-Wall push-ups etc etc .
http://www.fitstep.com/Library/Begin/exercises.htm

I was thinking of getting those wrist/ankle weights and just walking around with those on during my daily life. :O But I could be biting off more than I can chew.

Ligand

Ligand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:58 am
December 13th:
Breakfast(suppose it's lunch at this point- I woke up late..it's a weekend D: ) at 11:50 lolz :
Mac and Cheese, Water , and a glass of soy milk>.<. Not too healthy, But I'll make up for it dinner time with something nutritious and good for me smile !

6 green skittles D:

I exercised today smile

Lunch (3:45): PB & J , Soy Milk

Dinner:
6:32 Large Helping of Mashed potatoes and green peas .
Cup Of Green Tea
Glass of Water

>.> 9:45 ish: I had a bowl of raisin bran w/ soy milk. >.< I was hungry!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:04 pm
Exercise: So I read somewhere that jump roping is probably one of the best work outs out there because it works the entire body. Luckily smile I happen to be blessed with one of those suckers, so I'll start jump roping.
The work out is supposed to be 30 minutes a day, but i don't think I have that kindof of stamina, so I can possibly work up to that. I'll see how long I can hold out today smile and make a schedule with that value.

Wall push ups seem promising, as I have both a wall and arms.
Standing calf raises
:O Squats !
Presses

Edit: I survived 5: 20 seconds of jump roping :[
25 Wall Push Ups
Idk How many presses, I did them while reading

Ligand

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:58 pm
Hahaha you go love :'D Mind if i steal some of your exercises? Also get those small weights for your wrist and ankles. I wear them and I was told after a while it helps you improve not only your endurance (which is cool) but makes you faster then you are. -nod nod-

And jump roping is fun. I like to do silly tricks with it hehe. But keep up the good work :'D  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:34 pm
Anzelia La Belle
Hahaha you go love :'D Mind if i steal some of your exercises? Also get those small weights for your wrist and ankles. I wear them and I was told after a while it helps you improve not only your endurance (which is cool) but makes you faster then you are. -nod nod-

And jump roping is fun. I like to do silly tricks with it hehe. But keep up the good work :'D

=] Go for it! I'm going to buy the ankle/wrist weights whenever we go to a department store biggrin .

Ligand

Ligand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:45 am
Monday, December 14th:
Today will be my first day back in school since I started my program. I plan on wearing 3 pound ankle weights all day biggrin !

I plan to have a large breakfast today with a small lunch and dinner.
Hopefully smile there will be no binging when I get home today!

Breakfast:
Raisin Bran , soy milk ...pineapple (fresh!) , oatmeal. - didn't have time for much else D:

Lunch: PB & J, Green Tea, Leftover mashed potatoes / peas from last night.

I wore my 3LB ankle weights around all day smile .

Dinner:
Garlic Spaghetti (Pasta, garlic, basil, olive oil..and I added hot sauce after it finished cooking D smile , Salad (Cucumber, lettuce, tomato, carrots, mustard -apple cider vinegar dressing), an apple! biggrin and green tea.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 am
Sentida
Anzelia La Belle

=] Go for it! I'm going to buy the ankle/wrist weights whenever we go to a department store biggrin .

thanks a bunch dear :'D they seem like tons more fun. haha. Let me know how they work, i know they work good for me -nod-  

Anzelia La Belle

Generous Giver

12,125 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Ligand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm
Dec 14tH: I kindof hate cardio sad lolz. But I will persevere smile . I'll try some walking tomorrow morning. It's less painful than jump roping ><

..>.> I need a new bike soon. So far cycling has been the only cardio I've ever found tolerable. But my bike is broken -___- !! I'm attempting to save up for a new one (hopefully a real- namebrandy- fancy- one this time), but it's frustrating D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:12 pm
... are you vegan? Sorry, I don't mean to pry. I just get all hopeful when I see them possibly lurking around. <.< >.> <.<  

Tandahda
Crew

Ligand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:30 pm

More on December 14th:
I possibly found something that works...though I don't know if it's allowed for cardio. I lasted 23 minutes which is lovely. I combined jump roping and hoar-dancing(in private mind you D
I think dancing is considered med-intensity, while JR is high intensity. smile I feel tired so I hope I burned something.

Playlist for tonight:

Lady Gaga- Poker Face
Cash Cash - Party in Your bedroom
Mariah Carey - Obsessed
Cash Cash - Sugar Rush
Wondergirls - So Hot [Very good song for getting you to work!]
Wondergirls - Tell Me
Crystal Kay - One
Owl City - Fireflies
----
Err i also managed 50 girlie pushups earlier,
15 side-leg-lift things for each leg w/ ankle weights !
<.< like 2 sit ups lolz
50 leg curly things (those are fun sad - they don't hurt!)

@ Sar: Vegetarian for almost 2 years now xP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:28 am
December 15th, 09. :
For Breakfast I had raisin bran with banana pieces cut up over it and soy milk. I also had a small glass of apple juice and an apple!

I'm packing a pb and J for lunch and baby carrots!

didn't wake up early enough to walk sad but I'll walk when I get home biggrin !

Lunch: xD I think I had baby carrots and sun chips [I ran out of the house this morning sad didnt have time to pack lunch]

Dinner: Rice, mushrooms, onion, tofu, garlic w/ ginger sauce. I had a small glass of apple juice with it as well.

Ligand

Ligand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:31 pm
Hurrah! My bicycle is fixed smile Biking to school tomorrow!!!! It's about a 45 minute bike ride I believe so 1 hour 30 total of cardio. Cool beans smile  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff