Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
DemonXSnowflake (Private) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:12 pm
Not far from the city of Sundabar, there lies a system of caverns in the cliffs overlooking a forest. Living inside that forest are wood elves, who look over Sundabar in times of need. Deep within the caves, however, lies the Underdark, an area of evil, a dog-eat-dog world where the strongest prosper, and the weak, die.
The masters of the Underdark are the drow elves: evil, wicked creatures with a penchant for lying, murder, and other despicable acts. However, there exists a few exceptions...
There is a legend of one drow elf who left the Underdark through these caves near Sundabar, and that legend has reached the ears of a drow elf female who also doesn't quite fit the mould of the others...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm
Setting

The Sundabar Forest, a thick, large forest that lies along the southern edge of the city. In the middle of it lies a mountain range that swings around to the east. In those mountains lies a series of cliffs, and a large cave system, that lead directly to the Underdark.
The Forest is home to many clans of elves, one of their largest cities is also contained here, a city within the trees, treehouses connected by bridges.
The Underdark is a pitch black and foreboding cave system that stretches on for what is believed to be eternity, and many evil creatures stalk its halls.  

DemonDays2

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:24 pm
The Elf

Name: Inei T'orradd
Weapon: Longsword
Personality: A cheerful joker, Inei is always smiling and always cracking jokes to get others to smile. He is loyal to the king, and will do anything he asks, within reason. He also does not judge others without getting to know them first.
Appearance: Inei

[Whoops, forgot to mention this, for your character: due to the darkness of the...UnderDARK, drow elves (and many other creatures) have two ways of seeing: normal sight, and "Heat vision", if you will, known as "infravision" in the game.]  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:54 pm
Name: Huoriel Thoalaaro
Weapon: Staff to channel her magic.
Personality: Quiet and reserved, Huoriel is quite passive compared to her fellow Drows. She is kind and hates violence, but won’t back down from a fight when it might very well cost her her life. She is curious about the world above her dark and dreary world.
Appearance:User Image

[[Okay do you want the starting post or shall I start off?]]  

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:27 pm
[Sorry for disappearing, was about ready to pass out at my keyboard o.o Guess I'll start lol. I wanted to anyways, just to establish some setting, plus the time.]
------
It was early morning when Inei was summoned to the council chambers. He had been out working in the forge, as he usually did, when the runner came and delivered the message.
He made his way over to the large tree in the centre of the copse, which, inside its hollowed out trunk, the council chamber rested. He stepped in and saw many people already seated. Inei took a seat, waiting for someone to speak.

"Inei." "Councillor." "What do you know of the drow?" the wizened old elf asked. Inei grinned. "Quite a bit, Sir." he said truthfully. He led one of three military units dedicated to fighting off drow invasions, and their occasional raiding parties sent to the surface.
"Good. We received a report not too long ago, from another unit, that a single drow had been spotted deep within the caves. It had set off the proximity wards we placed there, and alerted our mages." he began, tapping a cave marked on a map.
"We wish for you to investigate the area...we want you to negotiate with this one drow, and try to avoid conflict with them. We believe that is their purpose: to negotiate with US." the councillor said.

------
[Just kinda wanted to start the RP with your character still making her way out of the caves, just as Inei reaches them ^^]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:14 pm
[[Oh it was fine I don't think I could've posted anyways sweatdrop . I'm a little rusty so excuse me if this post is inadequate.]]

------

Huoriel was close she could feel it. It was a long, periless journey from the Underdark to and through the dark, enclosed caves. Many had crossed her path trying to take what little she had, delaying her journey. Somehow, she was still standing or rather walking strong with all her things in tow.
She wouldn't miss the dog eat dog world of The Underdark. She was surprised that she lived as long as she did in their depths. Well, not all that surprised. Everyone down there wasn't immensely strong and they hardly stood a chance against her magic. It still displeased her that she had to resort to violence to stay alive though. When word reached her ears about Drows much like her traveled to the surface through these caves she did not hesitate for a moment when she made the decision to go. Thoughts of her new life brought much excitement to her. She never felt so, so...happy? No, happy was to small of a word. Ecstatic was more like it. This strange new feeling continued to grow more and more as she continued her way forward.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:17 pm
[Perfectly fine. Don't expect me to hit huge posts all the time either ^^']
-----
Within minutes, Inei was ready to head out. The briefing hadn't taken long, and besides, his mission was rather simple. He had belted on his sword and pulled a white cloth shirt, sleeveless, over his head. He headed out toward the edge of the city, and into the forest.

It took him a good half hour to reach the base of the mountains. Thankfully, he knew he had a bit of time: should this be a drow scout, they wouldn't be able to step outside easily, what with the bright spring sun high in the sky. He began the slow climb up to the cliff face, using no gear, trusting his own ability.

----
[Speak of the devil lol. Looked bigger when I was typing it. Oh well sweatdrop ]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm
[[I can't do huge posts all the time either so its cool smile ]]
------
Huoriel was to the point where she could now see a glimmer of light. Her excitement grew immensly and she bolted forward as her sight began to change. This sprint was almost to much for her tired limbs. She felt like she was about to collaspe, but she wouldn't allow it.

She stopped a few inches from the cave entrance. She knew very well she couldn't handle to much light which made her heart drop seeing as she was so close to freedom. She collasped to her knees, her breath coming in and out heavily. She stared at the entrance at a loss until she couldn't handle the exposure to the light anymore. She backed back down into the darkness awaiting for the time of her freedom.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:36 pm
Inei made it to the top after a good few minutes of climbing. He hadn't climbed this particular stretch in a while, so he wasn't used to it.
When he made it, he looked around. There was only one cave on this stretch of cliff, and it was a good few metres ahead of him.

Inei walked forward, one hand lazily resting on his sword hilt as he gazed around the area, just in case there were more enemies. But there wasn't. He approached the cave and waited off to the side, before peering in. Nothing.
Knowing it was almost suicide, he drew his sword and stepped out, standing in the middle of the cave entrance, looking inside.
"Hello?" he called out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 pm
Huoriel had jumped to her feet at the sound of a males voice, staff in hand. Passive as ever, she wasn't going to attack unless attacked. She looked around wondering where the voice came from when she realized it was coming from the cave entrance.
"H-hello," she managed to say as she gripped her staff tightly not knowing what to expect. Her heart pounded against her chest in antisapation as she waited for a reply.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:47 pm
Inei jumped at the sound of a voice, though he'd expected it. Female...great. The drow society was firmly matriarchal, and the females were at least ten times more vicious than the males, although the males shouldn't be underestimated, either.

He drew his sword quickly, holding it out to arm's length. He gazed down the end of it toward the source of the voice, although he couldn't see anything int he pitch black cave.
"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" he asked quickly.

-----
[Brb, dinner. Also, bit more about the drow there for ya biggrin ]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:03 pm
Huoriel saw the glimmer of the sword this male held. She let out a long sigh. Of course, he saw her as a threat. It wasn't surprising, she was after all a vicious female Drow. No matter she would explain herself.
"I am known as Huoriel Thoalaaro," she responded, loosening her grip on her staff slightly. Her lips pressed to together as she thought of how to explain herself. She would go with a simple reply.
"I mean no harm, Sir," she dropped her staff to symbolize her words. "I am here in search of a new life."
Her violet eyes struggled to adjust as she stared forward, trying to make out the figure. It was to much of a strain on her senstive eyes so she closed them to block out the hurtful light.
"Who might you be?" she questioned after a moment of painful silence.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:09 pm
Without realizing it, Inei had spoken in nearly perfect Drow...then again, that had been expected: he was supposed to have encountered one, so obviously, that would have been the first choice of language.

He listened to her reply...it sounded sincere, and her voice had the slightly sweet quality all forms of elves did...but then he remembered that many drow had those same qualities. Anything they could do to get the upper hand.
Yet Inei was fair. He was going to give her the benefit of the doubt, for now.
"My name is Inei...Inei T'orradd." he said, adding his last name after he realized she did.
He could hear faint footsteps, and shook the tip of his sword a little. "That's far enough, Madam." he said. "I cannot take your word for it, unfortunately." he said with a hint of sadness. Her story reminded him of one other that had done something similar: a drow who had forsaken his kin to come to the surface.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:19 pm
"It's understandable," she replied, taking a few steps back from the light. Her legs wobbled a little, still tired from the journey. For this very reason she allowed herself to lean against the cave wall and slide down to a sitting postion.
After a moment it hit her that they were speaking the same language although he was a little off. She chuckled, slightly amused by this.
"What brings you here, Inei T'orradd?" she questioned,slight amusement grazing her words.

Snowflake109

DemonDays2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:24 pm
Inei could hear her slide into a sitting position: some stones had crunched under her feet as they slid outward slightly.
Realizing that at the moment, she wasn't a threat, he lowered his sword, however, despite the tip resting on the ground, he was ready to raise it back at a moment's notice.

Since she had used his name, he figured he'd go ahead and use hers, out of...respect, if the word would work.
"Well, Madam...Thoalaaro, I was sent to find you...well, not you specifically...on your way here, you tripped a few magical wards, which alerted our mages to your presence. They sent me to talk to you...negotiate was the term used, just in case you were coming to deliver some terms before a raid, or something along those lines...not like your race ever agrees." he said. Often, raiding parties would demand something of the elves. Even if they paid the demands, they attacked anyways. Inei had lost his brother that way, and it still made him angry to think about it.

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff