Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
So... fun exercise ideas? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:19 pm
I'm 5'4'', around 160 pounds (I still have like 5 years to grow ;p) and my goal is to get to 120 pounds by July (beginning TYVM.) Thats like 6 pounds a month?
Do you guys have any exercise routines under 35 minutes that'll help me lose the pounds?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:57 pm
Invest in a Wii Fit.

LOL DROP MY NAME

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:59 pm
LOL DROP MY NAME
Invest in a Wii Fit.

Sorry. We have an xbox 260 and out parents say its a waste getting that when we have an xbox. Its true honestly.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:31 pm
(The few old guild members that are left are probably sick of me suggesting this by now... ninja )

DDR! I lost a lot of weight a while ago by playing it for 30-60 minutes every single day (I never should have stopped...). It comes on most game systems and you can get a good dance mat for as cheap as like $15. It's great exercise and it's really really fun!  

__penguin__
Captain

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 am
theres also exercise dvds. I think the 30 day shred is around 20 mins a day, and ive heard people have had pretty good results from it, especially if you also want to tone  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 pm
The only thing that burns calories almost as fast as I can eat 'em is my treadmill w/ incline. Also, every odd day I do 15 of each arm-repetition with my 5 lb dumbbell weights.  

Anime-Trekkie

The Moon of Ceres

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:56 am
You can really only do this in the summer, but go to the beach! Play beach volleyball, jump over the waves, collect shells, walk along the shore! Bring a cooler with a good lunch and lots of water, so you don't have to go to any snack shacks, always wear sunscreen, don't swim right after you've eaten, go to the bathroom before you come there, stay away from rip tides, and don't swim in the morning or in the evening.

(I love the sea!)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:29 pm
The Vanilla Bean

Sorry. We have an xbox 260 and out parents say its a waste getting that when we have an xbox. Its true honestly.

360? xD

There's another wii game, EA Sports Active. If I used it consistently, it'd be great.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:15 pm
I've got a friend who's had a ton of success with Turbo Jam, when I do it with her I've found it to be tons of fun.

When my bike is in good working order I ride.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:28 pm
DDR and Wii Fit are great. There's also ton of fun workout videos, that include all sorts of things like belly dancing, stripper aerobics, etc.

I've been meaning to go to a local studio near my school and take either pole dancing or Burlesque-ercise. It sounds way more fun than normal work outs.

freelance lover

Sunsway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:58 am
Jogging. You can make that as intense as you want. If you're just starting out then you can jog slowly and do it in two or three intervals; if you're fit enough you can go faster or even sprint. And half an hour is plenty of time for a good cardio workout, it all depends on how hard you're willing to push yourself.

But I suppose that if you're limited with time jogging only works if you have a good neighborhood for it or if you have a treadmill.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:26 pm
I dance in the shower  

Lally Moxious

Probably a Skeleton

Adorable Monster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:22 pm
cook for your family, do the housework (do these two things while listening to music and don't let anyone bug you, running around the house helped me to maintain my weight during christmas)

recruit a walkin' buddy! Go bike riding, walk your dog, babysit (yes, I went there)

Also I would suggest doing a hobby. I use to knit while walking on the treadmill before my gym membership went out.

READING! If you have a big book that you can't get time to read? Take a long walk and read it, but be aware where you're going- stick to sidewalks.

uhm...s'about all I can think of.. 'fun' is subjective

You have an XBox? I suggest getting Rockband and play the drums, the constant movement of your leg (change them out) will work your thighs and the fact that you're moving all over is good cardio :B  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:24 pm
It really depends on your definition of "fun". I like going outside, some people prefer indoor stuff. Going outside is great fun. If you're younger and have an hour or so a day, make some money! Find dog owners or car owners in your neighborhood, car wash or dog walk. Car washing has more potential takers, but takes some money for soap/sponges to start up. Dog walking is basically free money to borrow your legs hah.

You could be productive and clean your house, cook, etc.
Cooking a good meal will burn about 120 calories.
Walking a dog for an hour will burn about that, if they're big and require a faster pace. Heck, you could wash dogs, too, I guess.

If you aren't an outdoorsy person though, there's always scrubbing, mopping, maybe making some extra allowance? And though typically a male chore, mow the lawn? Chores aren't just good for the wallet, they're good for your bod, too!
Also, babysitting will wear you out. And burn lots of calories if you keep up with the kids.

It's all about how you put fun into perspective. (:
I'm almost 20 and still play tag outside with kids/peers. It's fun, I cherish my inner child, and I burn calories doing it.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

bittersweet irish coffee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:48 pm
DDR Wii Fit or kickboxing  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games