Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Mqstalker's Weight Loss Journal Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:30 pm
I have to admit, I feel awkward writing 'weight loss' when I can't even keep track of it >,<
Need. Scale. Soon. D:<

I'm back xD I'm sick of switching between personal and weightloss blogs so, I'm here for my weight loss blog and then I'll use xanga for...me.

I'm a very indecisive person.

Thank You =]

Lisa

I'll be blogging on xanga as well. I'll post that link tomorrow. For now, I'm leaving this here so it's already listed.
I'm ok with people posting comments, so, have fun with that, lol.

I'm not feeling too well physically right now.

Sadly, I do not have a scale either which completely blows.
I'll use my jeans for now...which I don't fit in...*sigh*
So, what, in about two months I'll see if I can wiggle my way into them? Right now, the legs are super tight and there is no way I can even get the zipper up..not even if I lay down. sweatdrop
So yeah. Gotta work on that.
I'm hoping I can get outside for a walk tomorrow. I wish I could run. My asthma is horrid. :/ Has been for 7 years.

I think I'll end my post now. More tomorrow.

[b][color=indigo]Breakfast:[/color][/b]

[b]Snack:[/b]

[b][color=indigo]Lunch:[/color][/b]

[b]Snack:[/b]

[b][color=indigo]Dinner:[/color][/b]

[b][i]Comments:[/i][/b]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:56 pm
When I started trying to lose weight, I didn't have a scale either. whee It might be a blessing in disguise, though. Often when people start making lifestyle changes to lose weight, it takes a good amount of time for the weight to start coming off (but once it starts, it goes away faster than you'd think!). So if you can't get to a scale for a month or two, you could be pleasantly surprised when you finally get to one. biggrin

Also, you've probably looked into it before, but just in case you haven't found this link I found through some quick googling: http://www.webmd.com/asthma/guide/exercising-asthma
I HIGHLY recommend weight training. I'm not sure, but I don't think it would set off asthma, 'cause I rarely get very out of breath when I weight train. I just use like 5 lb weights and work my arms and some weight-free exercises for my legs. Girls don't bulk up like boys do no matter how much they weight train, and building muscle makes it so your body is burning more calories all the time, making weight loss easier!

Good lucK! biggrin  

__penguin__
Captain

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:51 pm
I've honestly never really looked into it but the reason I wish I could run is because I want to burn off fat. Cardio is the best way to burn fat overall (or so I've heard.) But thank you for the link! =]

And, yes, I can see how it'd be a blessing that I don't have a scale. While on one hand, I want to track how much I lose I know I could also become stuck to it, making it more of a challenge to lose weight, pushing me farther than I should.
:/
Still want one though, lol. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:46 pm
My xanga is fight_for_tomorrow, if anyone's interested.

Days Purge Free: 1

Breakfast: milano cookie, cup of cappucino made with water and a mix, one demi baguette (only ate 3/4 of it) which had land o lake butter, honey, cream cheese.

Snacking: 100 cal snack pack, fat free yogurt w/ fiber one cereal + flaxseed, a few bites of cereal w/ 2% milk

Dinner: meatloaf, noodles, salad w/ cucumbers and a vinaigrette (more lettuce than meat/noodles)
Ice cream w/ my mom afterwards. <----bad idea. Mindless binge going on here...I didn't stop to think about anything I was eating until I was done and it was too late.

Vitamins: yes (5 cals)  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:51 pm
You're definitely right about cardio being the best way to burn fat. However, if you do both cardio AND weight training, your cardio exercise will burn more fat than it would if you weren't also working on building your muscles. 3nodding But yeah, if you only have time for one of the two, cardio would be the one to go with.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:56 am
Nov.30.09

Days Purge Free: 2

Breakfast: Two pieces toast, one with strawberry jam, one egg, one egg white, easy over, 1 c. orange juice, one and a half waffles, dipped in syrup

Vitamins: Yes

Snack: 100 cal snack pack chocolate covered pretzels

Lunch: Pickle loaf + miracle whip sandwich w/ white toast bread (I wish we had rye bread...), reduced salt lays potato chips (while it doesn't drop the calories or fat, it DOES lower the sodium intake), fat free strawberry cheesecake yogurt

Snack: rice krispie treat

Dinner: Too much

Water: 12 oz? Not good. -_-

Exercise: 30+ minute walk, scrubbed two cat cages (they were filthy....it's what happens when you put ducks in them...)

Randomz:
This morning, I was struggling because I was trying to differentiate between the feeling of being satiated and the feeling of being stuffed. I got to the point where I was like, Ok, this is good enough. If I had gone any further, I'd have felt nauseous and then I'd have felt like purging and would have probably wandered around trying to wait for all the food to settle. So, I'm glad I was able to control my eating this morning.

140pm: I'm trying to make lunch my biggest meal and make my dinner the smallest. For one, I don't like the idea of loading up at dinner time which is what I tend to do if I've been keeping myself from sugars or starches all day long. My sugar cravings are horrible but what sucks is that I'm hypoglycemic. I WILL crash if my sugar intake is too high in one sitting. There's nothing I can really do about that. It's best if I eat fruit in place of sweets or dark chocolate in place of milk chocolate. You see what I mean. So, from here on out, I'm focusing on making my lunch the biggest meal instead of my dinner. But I'm also trying to make it pretty healthy too. I'm going to see if this payday I can have my parents buy baked chips - it's healthier. And they taste better too.
I'm going out now for a walk. It's pretty chilly but I can't use that as an excuse. Although, my nicely heated room sounds so much better than going out into 30 some degree weather.
sweatdrop  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:09 pm
Days Purge Free: 3

Breakfast: 3/4 an eggo waffle

Vitamins:
yes

Snack: twix bar (130 cals), fun size kit kat

Lunch:
one egg, two egg white omelette with one slice meunster and one slice kraft cheese(45 cals) in it, two pieces toast, 1/2 c serving sugar free vanilla jello pudding w/ reddi wip, cinnamon

Snack(s): One hanuta bar, sandwich, crackers, cheese

Dinner:Long story short, I hope my parents never order out again. It wasn't all that horrible BUT it wasn't healthy. So. Yeah. Like I said. Never again. ><

Exercise: 30+ minute walk

Comments:

952am: I had next to nothing breakfast for several reasons. The main one being I found something out last night which made me feel sick to my stomach all of last night and all of this morning. I'm still not feeling well and I don't want to eat. I just want to curl up and shut everything out. I thought sleeping on it would make it go away but it hasn't. So here I am. Not all that happy.
I would have considered breakfast with my parents from the diner up the road from here but my dad was in a hurry to go get the food and I didn't want to waste their time choosing something. So I didn't.

1247pm: I need to take my vitamins. So that's what I'm doing. Right now. But with a diet coke because they're nasty. -_- And then I'm going to try to go for a walk. If my mom ever leaves me alone...
The muscles in my a** are hurting and I really don't know why. They feel like I spent 10 hours working my glutes when I haven't...could've been the climbing and stuff I did yesterday....I dunno...edit later.
Also, I don't count calories. Not anymore. I'm focusing on eating right and exercising and controlling my cravings. The calories can most definitely wait. For now, I need to learn about portion control, foods that will keep me fuller longer and things like that.
Calories will just really throw me off because if I see my eating as, for example, 1800 calories a day, I'll start to freak out and want to restrict and cut back. So, no counting. I'll add some info here and there if I know it and if I don't, I won't care.

301pm:
We're probably going to have Arby's for dinner tonight. Which means unnecessary calories. I can't choose our dinner, that's just how it is so I'm off now to go peruse Arby's menu and see what I could choose that would have the lowest calories and fat. (Another instant where the calorie counting would be necessary: eating out)
I'm very nauseous right now and I really, really don't know why. It started during my walk. At first, it felt like I was hungry (it doesn't take long until I'm hungry again after a meal...) but then, when I got home, I tried drinking some water just in case my hunger pangs were actually just my body needing hydration. But, the water made me feel really sick to my stomach. And now? I don't know. I'm still nauseous. Even after having that hanuta bar. -_-
(I think my period might be coming soon...my cravings for sugar (especially chocolate!) have hit an all time high today. I hate having my period because A: my cycles are shorter which always throws me off even when I should probably be used to it by now and B: I don't know whether or not I'll have cramps or bad back pain. Sometimes, I'll have cramps so bad, it'll have me curled up in bed, whimpering. And then sometimes, there are no cramps at all. Also, I've recently developed lower back pain along with my other PMS symptoms. Not good...)

1203am:
It's odd that my cravings are starting up now....I don't like it...not at all.
Tomorrow, I'm doing reps with my hand weights. I really like this one workout in my SELF magazine. It's pretty bomb and leaves me aching. Which I like. I know then that I actually 'worked out' ya know? XD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:48 am
Notice: Last night, I didn't update at all for dinner and whatnot or comments. A friend of mine passed away. I didn't feel like putting effort into anything yesterday. So, tis my reasons. Today though, I'm back on track.

Days Purge Free: 5
(I put effort into that though, obviously....I'm proud of myself for that. =] )

Breakfast:
flatbread sandwich from D&D, sesame seed bagel from D&D w/ cream cheese, one munchkin, large coffee w/ skim milk, sugar

Snack:
tba

Lunch: tba

Snack: tba

Dinner:
tba

Comments:

1001am: Well, I'm still eating breakfast tbh. I wanted a donut but then stopped and thought of how many calories and grams of sugar, fat, and carbs it had and opted for one glazed munchkin instead. Totally killed all the cravings for donuts after that. =) I'm very happy about that. I usually never exert this type of control on junky/empty calorie foods. But I did today!
Last night was a disaster really. I ate too much for lunch and the majority was fast food. At dinner, we had pizza. I overate then too. All this time, I wanted to purge, the feeling inside my stomach was driving me absolutely crazy. It was unbelievable. It went away though.
But then I had chocolate before I went to bed. Full blown, over the recommended serving size. I hated myself then. When I woke up this morning I told myself I need to get back on track.
I DID take a walk yesterday although I had weights planned. I took a walk instead, in the rain around 7pm and looked at all the christmas lights until I got too cold and went home. I cried for the majority of the walk and prayed. I didn't feel good at all.
Today isn't all that much better either but, I'm starting to think a bit more logically. I still get teary eyed, but I'm not bawling and telling the world to ******** off. If you know what I mean...
What happened was tragic. She was so young. And now she's gone. There was a car accident Tuesday night. They took her off of life support yesterday at 6pm. I'm hoping she went peacefully, painlessly. May her soul rest in peace.  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:36 am
It's great that you're tossing things up and seeing what's best for you, I really admire that. <3 good work!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:17 am
Days Purge Free: 6

Breakfast:
donut, two microwaveable choco-chip eggo pancakes

Snack: None :/

Lunch: Bagel w/ cream cheese, cup noodle soup (half cooked, broth drained), donut gonk

Snack: 10 or so Rold Gold choc. covered pretzels. (>.<)

Dinner:
spaghetti w/sauce, cheese cake for dessert (SMALL slice. :3)

Comments:

1013:
there's seriously nothing I can actually make to eat in this house atm and I was hungry this morning so I grabbed a leftover donut and my sisters' unwanted half of her breakfast.
Last night wasn't good: late night meal. I've been doing good with that lately, actually, the whole not eating after like, 10 thing. But last night I was up super late and my mom brought it home and I was sincerely hungry, so I ate it. I didn't update again yesterday because I felt like s**t for the later part of the day. I'm still torn up about what happened.
After breakfast this morning, I was about to make myself a bagel w/ cream cheese (more leftovers) but then I asked myself: am I really hungry? I got as far as cutting open the bagel and then I just tossed it. (It wasn't all that fresh to begin with and it would have only gotten really stale if I would saved it) I was only craving the salt and sugar.

1229am:
Late night snacking is horrible. And it wasn't really snacking.
My parents came home @ around 9 ish with dinner for themselves but of course it left a colossal amount of leftovers. I picked at the french fries, had a bite or two from the bbq ribs, a bite or two of coleslaw. While it wasn't a ton of food, it was still a disappointment for me. I do best if there's no goods lying around. When I have my own place, I'm only keeping good things in my home and I'll only be in my kitchen or around food when I'm sincerely in need of a meal or snack. It's just too tempting. :/
Cravings were horrible today. I kept thinking that if there was a way you could deep fry something salty and cheesy and then dip it in chocolate, I'd eat it. I hate the cravings, they drive me insane. Can't wait for me to stop PMSing. It's not fair ><  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:16 am
Yesterday:
Breakfast: Rye bread sandwich w/ salami, meunster cheese, real mayo
mini-sub w/ nutella, banana
Vitamins: yes
Snack: Choc. covered pretzels, dark choc. cappucino (from a mix)
L: sundried tomato wrap w/ cup noodles (drained, half cooked), real mayo, two slices turkey, one slice meunster cheese, a teaspoon or two of flaxseed
S: clementine, 3 double choc. milano cookies
D: linguine w/ sauce (sauce contained tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, onion, green pepper, zucchini...I think that's about it.)

Today:
Dec 6 09
Days Purge Free: 8 (it's only been that much? it feels like forever. Really.)

Breakfast: (I was up early for some really odd reason)
two onion buns. One with salami, real mayo, the other w/ salami, real mayo, slice of cheese. Chips on side (about a cup worth)

Snack: None

Lunch: two waffles, toasted, 1 tbsp of nutella on top, sliced banana, syrup, milk w/ nesquik (didn't drink it all)

Snack: tba

Dinner:
tba

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:57 pm
I'm going to stop counting purge free days. It just seems unnecessary. I'm abstaining from purging quite well, to be honest, and surprisingly. (to me) I've never had this much luck with trying to recover. One aspect that I'm really working on is the overeating. Sometimes, I can have a problem with that. Also, late night snacking. I don't do it often, but the few times I do, I Know will add up.

So far today:
Breakfast: 5 fun size crunch bars (a huge wtf moment here) and honey touched corn flakes w/ 2% milk

Snack: I don't even know.

Lunch: Two slices rye bread w/ salami, real mayo, chips on side

Snack: Too much, can't even consider it a snack.

Dinner: 1 1/2 c serving of ravioli (roughly), some sliced cucumbers in a vinaigrette, one grilled cheese sandwich, half a can of Sierra Mist watered down with a ton of ice (it's the safest way for me to drink full sugar soda. It helps me avoid a bad sugar crash.)

Comment: I think I'm going to completely abandon my weight loss xanga and stick to just posting here. It's easier than going back and forth and updating. So, yeah. I didn't update with yesterday's intake. Dinner was hell, we had fast food, I had a sugar crash due to the milkshake I had. Not good. Will never do again. D:

1213am: I'm really not feeling good right now. I'm feeling really blah. I know my period's on its way which only amplifies all the blahness in my life right now. In about 10 days, it'll be a year since I've been single. And sadly, even though I'm attracted to my ex in so many ways, and even though I know he'd take me back and forgive me for everything and forget I ever dumped him in the first place, I would never do it. I'd never go back. I know he hasn't changed. Hell, I can tell he hasn't changed. Still the same egotistical p***k he was back then. And I know he's still some sex starved virgin and my wanting to wait was never good enough for him in his book. So. No. I can't go back. It would only be a dead end.
But I want to. I'm stupid. *sigh*
And now, I feel horrid. It's snowing right now and it's bringing back all the pain from last Winter. Right now, in the back of my mind, I don't want to eat tomorrow. I don't want to eat ever again.
My depression's started to do that to me. It takes away my appetite, makes me feel empty, alone, abandoned. It doesn't do me any good. I can't have this. I need to be happy. In some way shape or form.
Maybe I need to start dating again. Just, not my ex. Someone else. And I know who I'd love to be with, but, I don't think he's into me. So. My options have been completely narrowed down to, what? Nothing. That's what.
I'm out. I'll definitely update tomorrow. Goodnight.  

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:15 am
Breakfast: One poptart, bottle of water (16.9 fl oz)

Snack: 2 hard roll halves (smaller than it sounds) one slice salami on each, 1 mug dark chocolate cappucino (it's a mix), smart snack 120 cals

Lunch: two sandwiches w/ marsh. fluffy, pb, nutella. (horrid lunch but I was craving sugar. BADLY)

Snack: oreos, cheese and cracker pack

Dinner: tba

Comments:  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 am
Craving sugar? O noez! Get more fruit, that should help you.  

Sunsway

mominchat

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:22 pm
X-ponential
Craving sugar? O noez! Get more fruit, that should help you.

sweatdrop sadly, it's mostly the chocolate I'm craving.
But I think that chocolate just might be what I like whenever my body's craving sugar.
I will be seeing whether or not my mom can buy various fruits. We don't usually have much more than bananas and fruit cups (but those have that syrup D: )  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff