Heard of them?
  Yes
  No
  Who?
View Results

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:16 am
All right, how many people have heard of them? I have a few of their better songs on my computer right now, and I'm curious how many other guild members have heard of them, or like them.

Some of my favorite songs are "Deception", "Ave Maria" and "Even Angels Fall"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:31 pm
I really have no idea who they are but now that you have posted it its probly going to make it to my playlist in the next hour or so. mrgreen  

darkXmoon

coriander18

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:14 pm
Of course I heard of them. I love them, their awesome. They played in seattle awhile back but I missed it because I wasn't yet 21. But my boyfriend got me a cool cruxshadows shirt for me from the show.

ALot of their stuff is good, but you can't forget Marilyn my Bitterness of course.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:15 am
I love Cruxshadows, but none of the cd shops I know stock their cds. crying  

Sigmoonda

LouisCyphre13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:26 pm
Their pretty cool...more trance/techno but I do love femal vocalists...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:07 am
LouisCyphre13
...The main vocalist is a guy. confused

I dislike them, and Rogue is supposed to be an a** in real life. He's really big on religion and Christian ways. xd  

Mrs. Pink Eyes

carnivalium

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:25 pm
Mrs. Pink Eyes
LouisCyphre13

I dislike them, and Rogue is supposed to be an a** in real life. He's really big on religion and Christian ways. xd

Many famous people are dicks in real life, dear. It goes with the territory. I met Greg Graffin in November. He barely spared me a word, but the man is still a ******** musical genius.
As for the Christian thing, to be frank, I don't give a damn what Rogue believes in. In cXs song lyrics you'll find elements of Christian, but also Pagan and Eastern, theology. I've never heard Rogue sing anything that would offend someone who wasn't Christian. I agree and disagree with some aspects of every religion I've encountered so far, but I'd be foolish to boycott all musicians who subscribe to an organized religion. As long as the music itself isn't offensive, let them believe what they want. I'm sure they have their reasons, and those reasons are none of my concern.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:25 pm
I've heard of them and I like them ^^
<3

Dearest Darling`

Mrs. Pink Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:51 pm
Astarii
Mrs. Pink Eyes
LouisCyphre13

Many famous people are dicks in real life, dear. It goes with the territory. I met Greg Graffin in November. He barely spared me a word, but the man is still a ******** musical genius.
As for the Christian thing, to be frank, I don't give a damn what Rogue believes in. In cXs song lyrics you'll find elements of Christian, but also Pagan and Eastern, theology. I've never heard Rogue sing anything that would offend someone who wasn't Christian. I agree and disagree with some aspects of every religion I've encountered so far, but I'd be foolish to boycott all musicians who subscribe to an organized religion. As long as the music itself isn't offensive, let them believe what they want. I'm sure they have their reasons, and those reasons are none of my concern.
I didn't mean it like that, I'm Catholic. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:53 pm
Along with that, one of my good friends is a a vocalist in a booming deathrock band in America. She's a sweet heart, along with most goth artists. 'cept for Uncle Andy.  

Mrs. Pink Eyes

coriander18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:15 am
My boyfriend got a chance to talk to Rogue at a show one time for a little bit and said he was pretty nice.

*shrug*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:03 am
Mrs. Pink Eyes
I didn't mean it like that, I'm Catholic. neutral

Oops. redface You see, my mind reads the phrases "he's an a**" and "he's a Christian" side by side and I do tend to make subliminal connections between the two. -beats dysfunctional linguistics schema with a bat- As for the Catholic thing......you have my deepest sympathies.
Mrs. Pink Eyes
Along with that, one of my good friends is a a vocalist in a booming deathrock band in America. She's a sweet heart, along with most goth artists. 'cept for Uncle Andy.

Hmm. I still see a difference. Most people who've heard of post-punk have heard of Bad Religion. Over the years, they've gone pretty mainstream. Goth, on the other hand, has always been more underground, and I can't say I personally know a single person who listens to death rock. I do know a few people who listen to cXs, even though they might listen to very little goth music. As modern goth bands go, cXs is one of the more popular and well-known.

Ah, but I'm rambling again. Of course, such matters also depend tremendously on personal constitution. I would imagine someone like Ian Mackaye, who has more integrity than most artists on the market today, would be a really cool, down-to-earth guy. Famous or no.  

carnivalium

LouisCyphre13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:58 pm
Mrs. Pink Eyes
LouisCyphre13

oh, thats right...I was thinking of Collide....nm  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:53 am
Mrs. Pink Eyes
LouisCyphre13

ROFL I heard the same. An ex of mine went to a show, and then hooked up with some chick from the show and cheated on me...So the band brings me twitchs of pain. other then that, its a good mellow band, suppost to be HUGE in germany and france  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Raze Krieger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:46 pm
The first Cruxshadows song I ever heard was their remake of the Eurythymics' Here comes the Rain Again (which I like the remake better). Since then I downloaded a bunch of their songs seeing as the cds are unattainable where I live. Favourites are: Winterborn, Decpetion, Here Comes the Rain Again (obviously).  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff