Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
The next guy to resign as Tory leader will be... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who will win the next election? [Mark II]
  Gordon "The Bridesmaid" Brown
  Dave "Green is the new Blue" Cameron
  Ming The Merciless
  Sir Ming "he's not really merciless" Campbell
  Tony "It may look bad..." Blair
  "Gorgeous" George Galloway
  Invictus_88
View Results

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:50 am
...Davy Cameron.

I wonder if the first thing he'll ask in PMQ is if Tony Blair will give him his trousers back?

To think, if both the current leaders fought an election we might actually have a revolution in response. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:31 am
Oh, another Cameron-sceptic?

I am likewise.

Revolution you say? Count me in, the time for one is not yet here but if affairs continue in the direction they are now, then it will be earned within our lifetimes.

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:33 am
Cthulu wins my vote every time. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:06 am
Nebelstern
whatlu? confused  

Mr. Bono Vox

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:22 am
yes.. it is unfortunate that Cameron has been elected to the leadership. when i see his face i get the same cringe i got when i seen tony blairs face back in '97. ~shudders~ davis is wrong to say that he is the PM in waiting... i mean he hasnt even been in the job a day yet. i think we all look forward to PMs Q's tomorrow...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:17 pm
Nebelstern

Just like the Lib-Dems then, eh?

Well, similar odds..

lol

Invictus_88
Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:19 pm
Mr. Bono Vox
yes.. it is unfortunate that Cameron has been elected to the leadership. when i see his face i get the same cringe i got when i seen tony blairs face back in '97. ~shudders~ davis is wrong to say that he is the PM in waiting... i mean he hasnt even been in the job a day yet. i think we all look forward to PMs Q's tomorrow...

From his most recent speeches, I've a positive feeling that he's taking the party in the right general direction. I just hope he doesn't sacrifice too much in his drive toward the liberal.

He's got the right general idea, we have yet to see whether he's able to deliver though..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:34 pm
Mr. Bono Vox
Nebelstern
whatlu? confused

Damn typos... and I can't edit the poll. <_<

http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/index.html

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:42 pm
Invictus_88
Mr. Bono Vox

From his most recent speeches, I've a positive feeling that he's taking the party in the right general direction. I just hope he doesn't sacrifice too much in his drive toward the liberal.

He's got the right general idea, we have yet to see whether he's able to deliver though..
indeed. he does seem to be heading in the right direction. we shall see how he goes over the next month. 3nodding
but i don't agree with this ridiculous idea of supporting the govts proposals. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:45 pm
A Lost Iguana
Mr. Bono Vox
Nebelstern
whatlu? confused

riiight... talk2hand  

Mr. Bono Vox

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:45 pm
Mr. Bono Vox
Invictus_88
Mr. Bono Vox

indeed. he does seem to be heading in the right direction. we shall see how he goes over the next month. 3nodding
but i don't agree with this ridiculous idea of supporting the govts proposals. xd

Hm, I can see the merits. It undermines the opposition and presents a more agreeable approach to policy than people are used to.

All under the heading of 'change'. It'll make it harder for people to simply dismiss all Tory policy as contrary.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:53 am
A Lost Iguana
Mr. Bono Vox
Nebelstern
whatlu? confused

http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/?date=2003-11-30

rolleyes  

Nebelstern
Crew

emmamme

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:41 am
I would like to see David Cameron, but I have a sinking feeling Gordon Brown will make it in.

Have you noticed, to get elected as a party you need to act like a Lib Dem, but to govern every party starts acting like Conservatives?
So I say vote Tory, at least you know what you're voting for - you'll have less of a disappointment when they come into power xd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:49 am
Hmm, I don't think that Cameron will any "better" than Blair when it comes to keeping promises, the Labour PR machines have already been working to quell comments that Cameron's emergence is remarkably similar to TB's and further parallels may come to light. Note that he was not promising tax cuts in a Conservative government like Daivd Davis was. Although, Labour spin house are right in pointing out that Cameron has echoes of George Bush with his "compassionate conservatism" comments.

It's interesting, but I would wait for Cameron to be more established in his role as Leader of the Opposition before saying that the Conservatives are "back". He is still in his honeymoon period.

I expect to see the middle ground become very cluttered: US politics, here we come. >_>  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:16 am
New Labour, New Conservatives.. same difference. The left move right, and the right move left..

Is it just me, or is everyone a Tory 'round here?

I guess we'll have to see when the push comes to the shove.. he may turn out to be a good party leader, he may not..  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games