Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
me - 40 lbs = :D Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:43 pm
I've been trying to lose weight for soo long ;o; A while ago I had started making progress again, but then I stopped going to the gym for, what... about 6 months? So last week I said, if I can exercise every single day this week, I'm going to start my journal again. And I did, so here I am!

A couple years ago I weighed 190 lbs. I got down to 160 lbs in about half a year, but I have since gained 10 of it back. confused

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
^Updated every few days

Starting stats:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 170
Bust: 36
Waist: 30
Hips: 37
Jeans size: 11

Motivation:
Besides looking good/fit in general, I've recently taken up cosplaying (pretty much only at Anime Expo, which is always during the first week of July). And I don't want people to say "it's a good costume but it would be a lot better if she wasn't so fat!". 3nodding I want to look damn good! So in case anyone is curious (and partially for me to keep my eye on my goal), here's a list of cosplays I want to do:

For Anime Expo '09:
Raichu (Pokemon)
Curly Brace (Cave Story)

For Anime Expo '10:
Kokonoe (BlazBlue) (Since this is a super difficult costume, if I can't get it together, then my alternate is Maylene (Black Butler))
Meiko (Vocaloid)

IF I REACH MY GOAL BY ANIME EXPO, I'LL FOR SURE POST PICS biggrin

For Me:

[color=indigo][b]Date:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Breakfast:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Lunch:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Snack(s):[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Dinner:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Water:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Excersize:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Weight:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Comments:[/b][/color]

Note: I realize that looking good is more important than weighing a certain number, but being able to quantify my results makes getting into shape more gratifying X)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:45 pm
Date:
11/10/09

Breakfast:
I woke up just in time for lunch >_>

Lunch:
2 slices pepperoni pizza
fruit smoothie

Snack(s):
mango-peach applesauce
pirate's booty (it's this puffed corn snack thing XD)

Dinner:
grilled chicken, swiss, and bell peppers on 6" wheat bread

Water:
2 L

Excersize:
30 minutes DDR
upper body workout

Weight:
169 lbs

Comments:
That sandwich was delicious. Over the past week I've been getting back into better eating habits. For the last few months I'd fallen back into my eat-way-too-much ways. I've always eaten relatively healthy foods, I just eat too many of them too often. And after cutting back the amount of food I have (not ridiculously! I had really been overeating before), I appreciate the food I eat that much more. It's really nice!  

__penguin__
Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 pm
Yay! I'm glad you're back! I know that you and I will be able to do this no problem. I always lost weight the best when I was active here.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 pm
I did too! @.@ The only time I ever lost a significant amount of weight was while I was keeping this journal. xd  

__penguin__
Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:01 pm
Date:
11/11/09

Breakfast:
I woke up at 2:30. >_>

Lunch:
chicken curry with vegetable rice (hardly any vegetables though mad )

Snack(s):
pirate's booty

Dinner:
(hardly any) chow mein
5 delicious strawberries
small vanilla latte

Water:
2 L

Excersize:
NONE crying

Weight:
n/a

Comments:
There's nothing like eating spicy food to make sure you drink enough water for the day. xd
AAAAHHHH. My roommate didn't go out tonight like I was sure she was going to (and like she does every night), so I couldn't exercise (I don't like playing DDR while she's in the room ._.). :< And I might not have time tomorrow 'cause I have a physics test on Friday that I need to spend every spare minute studying for. BOOOO.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:04 pm
Woot, go you. Now I want a grilled chicken sammich P:  

Gossy

Shirtless Tycoon

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Josie 25

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:46 pm
Date:
11/13/09

Breakfast:
half of a muffin
orange juice

Lunch:
citrus turkey stir fry with rice and vegetables
some breading off of a fish filet (lol >_>)

Snack(s):
tba

Dinner:
tba

Water:
tba

Excersize:
tba

Weight:
tba

Comments:
tba  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:54 pm
Date:
11/16/09

Breakfast:

Lunch:
chicken
mixed vegetables
rice

Snack(s):
apple

Dinner:
Same as lunch... stupid cafeteria.
Also a huge piece of cheesecake that I shouldn't have had. gonk

Water:
AHHHH I'M OUT OF WATER BOTTLES AND I DON'T GO HOME FOR SUPPLIES AGAIN TILL THANKSGIVING gonk I have some water with each meal at the cafeteria though.

Excersize:
45 minutes DDR
lower body workout

Weight:
n/a

Comments:
AHHHH. That weekend SUCKED. mad

On Friday, I bombed my physics test (which is a big deal since I'm a physics major...) and I got so depressed about it that I didn't want to do anything at all. So I didn't. gonk At least I didn't binge eat on anything though. I did eat a bit too much though. :XP: And I still feel like an idiot for not taking advantage of my roommate being out for the weekend by DDR-ing my a** off.

But but but. I think I'm fine for now. My friend keeps talking to me about anime expo and it's keeping me excited and motivated. xd  

__penguin__
Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:58 pm
Date:
11/17/09

Breakfast:
the usual

Lunch:
teriyaki burger (i ordered grilled chicken and they gave me a regular burger ;o; ) w/ pineapple and swiss cheese

Snack(s):
none

Dinner:
1 slice of roast beef
mixed veggies
red potatoes
a little bit of chicken curry (I love curry and I love apples, but apples in curry aren't that good neutral )
soft serve cone

Water:
I'M STILL IN A WATER SHORTAGE gonk gonk

Excersize:
30 minutes DDR
upper body workout

Weight:
170 gonk

Comments:
I've realized that I probably won't actually *lose* any weight for a while. It's been 6-12 months (I don't remember exactly how long) since I've seriously done any weight training, so I have a lot of fat to lose and a lot of muscle to gain. So I guess I won't shed any pounds until the amount of fat and muscle reach some kind of equilibrium. But I hope I at least see some quantifiable results by the end of the month (I'm planning on taking measurements on the first of every month). whee

Also, I've been getting into the habit of eating fairly large meals and very small, if any, snacks. I guess this works because I never wake up in time for breakfast (it's hardly skipping a meal though because I eat lunch at 11 and my classes start at either 9:30 or 10:00), so 2 large meals should put me at a pretty healthy caloric intake.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:30 am
Date:
11/18/09

Breakfast:
maybe I should delete this option

Lunch:
turkey tetrazinni (small serving)
broccoli & beef w/ rice (small serving)
chicken patty sandwich

Snack(s):
iced white mocha (LOL, there was a different person serving the drinks than the person making them, so when she called out my drink, I guess she wasn't sure what it was and said "ice... vanilla... mocha... white... thing")

Dinner:
chicken, broccoli, rice, teriyaki sauce

Water:
dunno

Excersize:
noooone

Weight:
n/a

Comments:
I love our cafeteria. The serving sizes are small so if I eat multiple things, it feels like I'm eating a lot when I'm actually not. But I still need to resist the urge to go back for seconds. I'm typing this from my netbook in the cafeteria right now. NOOOOOO I MUST NOT GO BACK FOR ANOTHER CHICKEN SANDWICH. mad (It's way too easy to go back for seconds 'cause it's all-you-can-eat buffet style whee )

*later* ******** yeah, I didn't go back for another chicken sandwich. If it weren't for this guild, I probably would have. 3nodding

Also I probably wont be able to exercise tomorrow cause I have a midterm the next day. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU. I have a midterm on Friday, a midterm on Monday, and a 5 page paper due Wednesday. X_X I should have time to exercise every day except tomorrow though.

AHHHH also I'm doing some extremely-preliminary shopping for my cosplay outfit the weekend after next :'D I think I'll hold off on buying pants until I've lost a size or two, but I doubt my shirt size will change much, so I could at least get the shirt and some shoes.  

__penguin__
Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:16 pm
Date:
11/19/09

Breakfast:

Lunch:
grilled chicken and swiss on wheat bread
fruit smoothie

Snack(s):
3 squares of dark chocolate

Dinner:
penne pasta w/ chicken marinara (there wasn't much chicken though)
small serving of pork vegetable stir fry w/ rice
pumpkin pie

Water:
i forget

Excersize:
none

Weight:
n/a

Comments:
The only green vegetables at the dining hall tonight were stupid string beans that I don't like mad  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:57 am
I love your comments! I should start doing that,  

Tandahda
Crew

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:22 pm
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:21 pm
Date:
11/20/09

Breakfast:
half a bottle of odwalla juice

Lunch:
roast beef & cheese panini
(not very much) cashew chicken and rice

Snack(s):
16 oz jamba juice
soft pretzel
(too many) goldfish crackers

Dinner:
a few bites of chicken chow mein (it wasn't very good whee )
nachos w/ ground beef
THE BEST cooked carrots I have ever had (I usually don't like cooked carrots that much, but there were NO other vegetables in the dining hall, and I was like, fine, I'll get the stupid carrots. But they had like garlic or something on them and they were nice and undercooked and delicious.)
slice of chocolate pie xp

Water:
forgot

Excersize:
30 minutes DDR

Weight:
n/a

confused See, perfect example of my big problem. Goldfish aren't bad for you, but I always eat way too many of them. whee

I've been eating a lot of desserts lately... but the dining halls here cycle through the available desserts every so often, so if I eat the ones I really like now, when they're back again I'll be able to say "pfff, I just had that, I don't need it again! talk2hand ".

Also, I got inspiration from an unexpected place today. I was allllll ready to resign myself to not doing exercise... but I was browsing through the operation beautiful thread, seeing everyone calling each other beautiful and whatever, and I started thinking... I don't want people to tell me I'm beautiful unless they really mean it! mad I better get off my fat a** and work it so I really can be beautiful! >:3 So I did get off my fat a** and did half an hour of DDR and it felt great. biggrin  

__penguin__
Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:51 am
When I worked in a restaurant, I got to eat dessert for free, and so I often would.... like. Twice a night, if I hadn't been climbing all over the place and hiking so much I would have been as fat as I am now. (I was 20 lbs skinnier then)  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff