Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
NEW DRAWING!!!! crtis. wanted!!!! COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:15 pm

I finally uploaded another drawing so hear it is people biggrin
i think its pretty good for have been drawn in gym class o_oyay
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:05 pm

You really really need to study human anatomy.
It looks like you think you know what a human looks like, but really, you only have a vague idea.

The Titanium Spork

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:27 am

The Titanium Spork
It looks like you think you know what a human looks like, but really, you only have a vague idea.
That does mot help in the least bit -_-
and (no offence) you have no rrom to talk about knowing human anatomy
i mean ---->...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:44 am

It does not take a master chef to know when the soup is bad. The same applies to art.
My anatomy is fine, and I know what needs work, so it's not the issue right now (I said the anatomy sucks in that drawing underneath, if you'd actually read it, you'd know). The issue is that you asked for a critique, and, upon receiving it, got defensive. That means you don't know what you're doing wrong. That's bad. That's very bad.
Seriously. Lifedrawing is your friend. Just carry around a sketchbook and draw people, plants, animals, building, until I can name any random object and you can draw it perfectly (which no one will ever attain) then keep drawing from life.
When you get some more anatomy knowledge, then I'll be able to give technical advice.

The Titanium Spork

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am

ACDC keep your work confined to 1 thread i've locked your other one so stick to this one
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:30 am

ACDC1551
The Titanium Spork
i mean ---->...

That was very immature of you , little one, if you keep that attitude you won't get far.

Back to the topic.
If you want to get specific ; it does look like something you did a hurriedly ; the face next to the 'tag' is but a round ball . It need features other than a 'nose/shadowforeyes' . The tag, even though meant to be stylised , is unreadable to me , "Exgee"? Though I excuse that... barely.
For the main guy , he looks like his torso's crooked, one side is thicker than the other, not aligned to his armpits, the arms seem ok to me , but the head is a very 'superhero-esque shape that is in no way human-able, maybe you should do a basic skeleton sketch before adding clothes and even the mask , masks don't change to shape of your face.... except for spidey--but he's just weird like that.
Also side note- if you want us to take you seriously ; you might want to consider cropping the image so we can't see the sides, align it , and spell-check, actually no , just learn proper english ' hear it is ' ? you do know that to hear is relating to Hearing a sound? I hope.

bakanatorz

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:57 am

carolita
ACDC1551
The Titanium Spork
i mean ---->...

That was very immature of you , little one, if you keep that attitude you won't get far.

Back to the topic.
If you want to get specific ; it does look like something you did a hurriedly ; the face next to the 'tag' is but a round ball . It need features other than a 'nose/shadowforeyes' . The tag, even though meant to be stylised , is unreadable to me , "Exgee"? Though I excuse that... barely.
For the main guy , he looks like his torso's crooked, one side is thicker than the other, not aligned to his armpits, the arms seem ok to me , but the head is a very 'superhero-esque shape that is in no way human-able, maybe you should do a basic skeleton sketch before adding clothes and even the mask , masks don't change to shape of your face.... except for spidey--but he's just weird like that.
Also side note- if you want us to take you seriously ; you might want to consider cropping the image so we can't see the sides, align it , and spell-check, actually no , just learn proper english ' hear it is ' ? you do know that to hear is relating to Hearing a sound? I hope.
Well thanks for the info i guess but i just wanna say 2 things real quick
1) I wasn't trying very hard to make the tag look incredible or anything, and i know i messed it up but even if i did it perfectly you (or anyone else for that matter) still probably wouldnt be able to read it
2) I know the figure beside the tag is "but a round ball" its supposed to be, thats exactly what i intended it to look.
that is all, other than that, thanks
oh and you cant see his face. what are you talking about question
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Folken_Schezar
ACDC keep your work confined to 1 thread i've locked your other one so stick to this one
you did? did i do somthing wrong on it or somthing?? o_O

ACDC1551

bakanatorz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:19 pm

ACDC1551
carolita
ACDC1551
The Titanium Spork
i mean ---->...

Back to the topic.
1) I wasn't trying very hard to make the tag look incredible or anything, and i know i messed it up but even if i did it perfectly you (or anyone else for that matter) still probably wouldnt be able to read it
2) I know the figure beside the tag is "but a round ball" its supposed to be, thats exactly what i intended it to look.

Alright I hope you read it all and not just went right past it.
1) I guess but it still has to have some sort of style.
2) Oh really ? And why is that? Maybe I don't understand quite well streets art or whatever you might call it , but why would you want it to be a round ball as a face? I'm curious.
No problem, please note that I am being completely objective.
I already pointed out that he was wearing a mask of some sort ? Maybe I phrases it wrong or maybe you did not read it properly , but ( in resume) I said the shape of his head is crooked and even if he has a mask it wouldn't change the shape.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 pm

carolita
ACDC1551
carolita
ACDC1551
The Titanium Spork
i mean ---->...

Back to the topic.

Alright I hope you read it all and not just went right past it.
1) I guess but it still has to have some sort of style.
2) Oh really ? And why is that? Maybe I don't understand quite well streets art or whatever you might call it , but why would you want it to be a round ball as a face? I'm curious.
No problem, please note that I am being completely objective.
I already pointed out that he was wearing a mask of some sort ? Maybe I phrases it wrong or maybe you did not read it properly , but ( in resume) I said the shape of his head is crooked and even if he has a mask it wouldn't change the shape.
OK
now see i made the face just a ball because its just somthing i made up and i messed it up a little so it doesnt look as good as i had intended and the mask is a helmet so no features or anything would show up but now that you mention it his head does look like off center i guess is what your trying to say. So thanks ill take that into consideration biggrin

ACDC1551

Eizoryu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:42 pm

ACDC1551
Folken_Schezar

Make sure to read the rules of the subforum, oki-doke?
You're only supposed to have one thread, kind of like a virtual sketchbook. That's what Folken's trying to tell you, to keep all your drawings in one thread so that you don't bump everyone else down unnecessarily. That and it's just easier to find your stuff. This isn't quite the Picture Post. <3

And I think I see what carolita was talking about with the mask/helmet. He has no chin space. It just cuts off. I could understand that if he just had an upper jaw and no tongue, but I really think he needs the rest of that helmet.

What would really help prevent that kind of mistake is to simplify the human head down to two basic shapes. The circle of the braincase and the egg-ish shape of the facial structure, shown here. This is a trick my high school Art teacher taught my classes, and until you have the chance to do some real skull and anatomy studies, this can help out. 3nodding
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Eizoryu
ACDC1551
Folken_Schezar

Make sure to read the rules of the subforum, oki-doke?
You're only supposed to have one thread, kind of like a virtual sketchbook. That's what Folken's trying to tell you, to keep all your drawings in one thread so that you don't bump everyone else down unnecessarily. That and it's just easier to find your stuff. This isn't quite the Picture Post. <3

And I think I see what carolita was talking about with the mask/helmet. He has no chin space. It just cuts off. I could understand that if he just had an upper jaw and no tongue, but I really think he needs the rest of that helmet.

What would really help prevent that kind of mistake is to simplify the human head down to two basic shapes. The circle of the braincase and the egg-ish shape of the facial structure, shown here. This is a trick my high school Art teacher taught my classes, and until you have the chance to do some real skull and anatomy studies, this can help out. 3nodding

ok thanks biggrin

ACDC1551

ACDC1551

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:47 pm

The Titanium Spork
It does not take a master chef to know when the soup is bad. The same applies to art.
My anatomy is fine, and I know what needs work, so it's not the issue right now (I said the anatomy sucks in that drawing underneath, if you'd actually read it, you'd know). The issue is that you asked for a critique, and, upon receiving it, got defensive. That means you don't know what you're doing wrong. That's bad. That's very bad.
Seriously. Lifedrawing is your friend. Just carry around a sketchbook and draw people, plants, animals, building, until I can name any random object and you can draw it perfectly (which no one will ever attain) then keep drawing from life.
When you get some more anatomy knowledge, then I'll be able to give technical advice.
ok im sorry it just sounded really offencive the way you typed it is all and i guess mine did too <_<
srry
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:37 pm

No worries.
I'm just used to the picture post, where all the artists get their panties in a bunch when you tell them they did one little thing wrong, so I'm a lil' defensive. Sorry.

The Titanium Spork

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff