Housewarming Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:01 pm
There was a new addition to the public docks at the Seacouver marina. A vintage sloop, approximately 350 years old, had pulled in and tied up at the dock. Sails and rigging secure, the antique sailing vessel glided in under power of a recently installed diesel engine. Now quietly tied up to the dock, the sloop bearing the name 'Sandra' was awaiting its first few guests.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Immortal going by the name of Etienne Theriot had been busy the past few weeks...getting his new business set up, taking care of various financial odds and ends, and of course getting himself a place to live. As much as Methos might wonder about his friends and their boats, Gaston just couldn't resist this one.

At any rate, now that Gaston is back in town aboard Sandra, he's invited everyone over at Joe's to a bit of a boatwarming shindig. Should be fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:11 pm
Methos, Joe and MacLeod had spotted the masts of the "Sandra" well before Duncan parked for their walk down to Etienne's berth -- or BERTHS, to be more accurate. The sloop was far bigger than most privately owned ships these days.

"Looks like your buddy needed some extra room to stretch out," Joe commented in his classically sarcastic way as they approached the gang plank.

"Bloody show-off," Methos muttered, though there was a smile barely hidden in his voice.

Mac, who had been typically leading the way, paused at the end of the gang plank, momentarily lost in some memory of old. After a moment, he cupped his hands around his mouth and bellowed, "Ahoy, th' 'Sandra!' Permission to come aboard?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:37 pm
The Sandra may be larger than the other yachts and private vessels in Seacouver, but it has the most character. Methos and company should consider themselves lucky Etienne didn't have any cannon restored and installed.

(OOC - Have I ever mentioned how much I like it when you do all three characters together? I'd bet real money you could have written a much better Season 6. mrgreen )

Dawson's sarcasm is fairly well justified in this case...the Sandra measures approximately 61 feet in length on deck, with the bow spars adding a good 50 more feet. Basically, the sloop takes up the better portion of an entire dock. As the three men have approached, they've probably heard a little babble about the eccentric millionaire who just moved in...flying both US colors and the Tabasco Company of Avery Island flags from the sloop's mainmast. At least Etienne/Gaston comes up with interesting cover stories.

Meanwhile, Duncan's hail draws the would-be captain up from below decks...the smoke from a good sized barbecue grill drifting from the galley's porthole.

Etienne moves across the deck to pause at the top of the gangplank. In the past few weeks, he's ironed out his new 'look,' hs hair is growing out a bit in the back, and he shaved the full beard in favor of a roguish goatee. The neck scar still shows, but there's not much one can do about such things.

"Permission granted, gents!" Etienne calls, his Cajun accent out in force. "And you're just in time! The first round of gator steaks are just about ready."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 am
(OOC: High praise from you, my friend! Though topping Season 6 wouldn't have taken much of an effort. The only episode worth anything that year didn't even have Duncan in it -- Joe and Methos doing an awesome Buddy Episode!)

Mac smiled as he started up the plank toward Etienne. "Smells good!" he said.

Joe moved carefully up after the Scottish Immortal, taking care to adjust his balance as the gangplank swayed slightly under his stilted steps. "Did he say 'gator steaks?"

Methos deliberately hung back so that he could follow Joe, keeping their mortal friend safely sandwiched between the Immortals in case he lost his balance. The trick was not being too obviously protective of their fiercely independent Watcher.

"Broaden your horizons, Joe," Methos said. "You might like lizard."

"I've eaten rattlesnake, smart a**," Joe grumbled. "Tasted like chicken."

"Hmph," Methos responded, thoughtful. "In my day, we thought chicken tasted like rattlesnake."  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 am
Etienne smirks and shakes his head at the banter between the three friends. The smirk evolves into a quickly masked chuckle as he realizes that if only Methos could still age, he and Joe would make perfect live versions of the grouchy old men from the Muppet Show.

Such is a thought that will remain forever unspoken, however.

Meanwhile, Etienne is at the top of the gangplank, giving greetings and handshakes as appropriate. "Glad to see you three are all in high spirits...speaking of which, there's plenty of beer up by the helm." Of course, knowing his tastes, Etienne has more potent spirits on hand as well.

He nods to Duncan about the gator meat. "Some of my favorite, I tell you. I was just about to add your choice of about a dozen different varieties of Tabasco."

Several other people are starting to filter up the Sandra's dock toward the sloop...obviously a few neighbors the Immortal had invited as well.

[OOC - Bear with me on my next post, as I've got an NPC in mind. I was watching Season 2 recently and decided to bring in one of my favorite recurring guest characters. twisted ]  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:14 pm
MacLeod grinned, grasping Etienne's hand in a firm shake, then handing him a bottle of very finely aged wine, a bow of MacLeod clan tartan around its neck. Joe used his cane to lever himself onto the deck, pretending not to notice when Mac furtively cupped his elbow to steady him.

"Nice little pad," Joe quipped. "I see you went for hardwood rather than carpet." He indicated a violet velvet bag in the crook of his free arm. "Thought you might like some Crown Royal."

As soon as Joe had cleared the top of the plank, Methos sauntered on board. He had a festively wrapped box under one arm and a suspicious look on his face, as if he thought Gaston might have been envisioning him as a curmudgeony old Muppet.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Gaston Marceau
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 pm
Etienne isn't much of a wine conniseur, but he has enough instinct to recognize quality when he sees it. As he's thanking MacLeod, Joe's comment draws a quick laugh. "Of course...much easier to clean, and all. Besides, if I ever need to knock on wood for luck, all I have to do is fall on my face."

Naturally, Adam's gaze draws out Etienne's most innocent looking 'I didn't do anything wrong' face. As Methos makes it up on deck, the younger Immortal does the initial 'show around' thing...drinks are here, snacks and appetizers, sit wherever you like, the music will be on in a few, I'll give the full tour later on, etc...blah blah blah.

About this time, the next few arrivals make it up the gangplank. The first two are the college age co-ed neighbors that somehow manage to pull off bathing suits as casual wear all year round...no surprise Gaston would invite them. The third is a portly looking older man in a nice coat an beret that meanders lazily up the docks, and dances a little jig up the gangplank as he hums to himself. Under his arm is a good sized picnic basket and another bottle of wine.

"Etienne, my young friend, good evening!" The cheerful bearded man exclaims, then wags a finger good naturedly. "Although I hope dinner is ready, as I have brought you my mother's special recipe...ratatouille and freshly baked baguette, and it was NOT meant for delivery service! Next time, I insist that you dine with me at my home so the presentation will be perfect."

Etienne laughs and shakes the latest newcomer's hand as well. "Sorry Maurice...it wouldn't be much of a housewarming if we did it at your place, now would it?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:57 am
"What have you got in that damn box, anyway, Adam?" Joe was saying to Methos, when MacLeod's head came up and he turned to the gang plank.

"A toaster, of course," Methos responded absently, his attention on MacLeod. "What is it, Mac?"

"Maurice?!" Mac took a step forward, surprise and delight on his face.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:16 pm
It had taken her ages to figure out what to bring to a housewarming party, or boat warming as the case may be, not able to remember last time she had been invited to such a thing. None the less she was there, after getting somehow lost twice, then having to turn around and go back home because she realized she left the gift sitting on her dining room table. Of course she stood somewhat nervously before the boat...ship, water craft, she knew nothing about boats, avoiding them really, and water for that point, the last ship she had been on had sunk and she really didn't want to go through that again.

There were a lot of people, which was why she at standing in front of the boat instead of honestly going towards it, not at all caring that she was technically in view of those aboard if they looked at all. Besides she wasn't that hard to miss, she was the only person dressed in leather standing around with bright orange hair. Really she'd make up on the deck at some point in time, most likely when she decided she was tired of being nervous for no reason at all. It was just there were a lot of people, and immortals, but she couldn't be anymore armed without being embarrassed, she came off as paranoid enough right now.

It was with a real growl that Phoenix finally decided this was just silly and finally went to go up the plank with careful footing, five inch heels and inclined planks were not friends by any means. However she made it without problems which really only left her standing at the top in the same spot she'd been before, unsure if she should be there at all. Maybe she'd just give Gaston his gift and be off, if she could get him away from people first, and depending on who all noticed her.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:04 pm
Adam noticed/sensed Phoenix as Mac walked away to greet his friend Maurice, and he smiled at her, waving his hand. She seemed less at home on the sloop than even he did.

"Hi," he called to her.  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:09 am
She had to be proud of herself a little for not flinching even a little, but then there wasn't anything overly threatening about 'hi' so maybe she needed to relax just a touch. Having that mentally settled she turned to at least look who called to her, having to smile on seeing Adam, honestly she hadn't thought about if he would be here, it worked out well for her though. So with very little pause, mostly just to glance around right quick, she had little issues and walking over to him. "Ello." Sounding a might bit cheerful there even.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:46 pm
"Perhaps not," Maurice was answering Gaston/Etienne, "But we have yet to warm my new home as well."

"True enough, my friend, and I assure you we'll rectify that soon enough." Etienne answered with a laugh. "Hey...you ladies up for another party?" The question was addressed to the two co-eds with generally positive results.

Maurice, on the other hand, was promptly distracted by Duncan. "MacLeod! What an incredible coincidence. I had no idea, my old friend, that I would be finding you here!" He rushed forward, kissing the Highlander on both cheeks. Hey, he's French. "You must tell me everything you have been up to."

The hard part about hosting a party is being pulled in umpteen directions, but Etienne is handling it well. Besides, the alcohol will soon be opened. He turns at the buzz, and is quite pleased to recognize Phoenix.

"Hi there, cherie." He greets, successfully resisting the urge to say 'Leeloo-Dallas-Multi-Pass' in response to her new look. "No trouble finding the place, I see."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:39 pm
So distracted a moment by Gaston, well he was why she was there at all, so that would make some sense, still she paused slightly unsure what to say. Though it was most likely a good thing he hadn't made a comment about her choice in outfits tonight, it wasn't really different for her, she hadn't gone shopping in...well she needed to do that soon maybe. She always bounced between jeans with tanks tops and mostly leather outfits, besides it was just a leather dress, nothing overly odd, well to her.

"Well the only way to make it more noticeable is to start smoke signals and set up neon signs really, so I would hope I made it, but really, a boat?" So it was only her amusement that kept her words light, and she had to remember to sound amused, otherwise people always told her she sounded cynical. "Oh, gift, right, here." Which was an envelope she offered to him, most likely a card, but then after spending a few hours in a few different shops she had given up and gone with a Visa gift card, that was so much easier and she was lazy, it worked.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:40 pm
Methos saw the skittishness carefully under control in Phoenix, and decided that friendly neutrality was the best way to keep her nerves intact. That she was coming out at all was a triumph for her.

"You're looking very well," he smiled at her.

MacLeod was staring at Maurice in bemusement, avoided the Frenchman's query by asking his own question. There was a wide grin on Mac's face. "What are you doing in America?"  

Immortal Methos
Vice Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:39 pm
Adam's words got her to almost automatically run a hand to smooth out nonexistent winkles, leather didn't really wrinkle as a dress still he had drawn her attention to her outfit. None the less she matched his smile, her's a little more playful, it was kinda funny if he was thinking she was breakable, she had spent the last few months fixing herself, she wasn't going to break so easy right now, not right now.

"Sure, not sure I'm planning on staying here, not my gig." Too many immortals, armed people just in general, and on a boat, no she wasn't planning on staying too long at all. No she'd hit up a club, somewhere she could blend in as just another person, not exist in a way for a little way. It was relaxing to her, besides tomorrow she started work back up, and she supposed she needed to get back to working out daily as well.

Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff