Submit

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:41 pm
Any ideas about how the plot will be?? 3nodding

I`ve heard some people talking about Khan and all...not sure that`s the best thing to do...

Any opinion and ideas?

Live long and prosper  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Yeah I think the Khan idea will suck.

He was fine the way he left in Star Trek II..  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tennoko Endellion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:06 am
Another movie?

...fascinating.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:17 pm
Yes! By 2012 we`ll have another Trek movie!!!!!! 4laugh

Fascinating indeed!!!!

Cant wait! whee

Live long and prosper ^^  

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Rainbow-potato
Crew

Hygienic Fairy

6,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:26 pm
Hmmm.... Do you think they'll let Shatner be in it?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:08 pm
Rainbow-potato

or maybe they can address at least one issue?  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:18 am
Rainbow-potato

Probably not. See, they want ACTORS now.

Shows how good of a director Nick Meyer was. He got a performance out of William Shatner, which was once thought impossible.

As far as an issue is concerned, you do have an issue. You subtle, you won't even know it's there. Too obvious, it gets annoying. Unless you go for comedy ala Star Trek IV. Or you can keep issues there but not put them on the forefront, like Star Trek II, or keep it all personal, like Star Trek First Contact.

Or you can forget everything and just make Captain Picard Master Chief and make Star Trek Nemesis.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 am
They may go for the obvious and try to fix the timeline.  

Lavendar L.

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:36 pm
Matt Pniewski
Rainbow-potato

Shows how good of a director Nick Meyer was. He got a performance out of William Shatner, which was once thought impossible.

As far as an issue is concerned, you do have an issue. You subtle, you won't even know it's there. Too obvious, it gets annoying. Unless you go for comedy ala Star Trek IV. Or you can keep issues there but not put them on the forefront, like Star Trek II, or keep it all personal, like Star Trek First Contact.

Or you can forget everything and just make Captain Picard Master Chief and make Star Trek Nemesis.

I just really wanted them to address homophobia like Gene Roddenbery was going to do for the 5th season of TNG before he died  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:17 pm
xXSuperWhateverXx
Matt Pniewski
Rainbow-potato

I just really wanted them to address homophobia like Gene Roddenbery was going to do for the 5th season of TNG before he died

You know, Gene was crazy. He always forced last minute changes, and tried to make things even more topical than they needed to be. However, this would have been great if they actually went through with it.

Hell, I'm a big proponnent of Roddenberry's original "Geordi is Gay" idea.  

Matt Pniewski

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:40 pm
Matt Pniewski
xXSuperWhateverXx
Matt Pniewski
Rainbow-potato

You know, Gene was crazy. He always forced last minute changes, and tried to make things even more topical than they needed to be. However, this would have been great if they actually went through with it.

Hell, I'm a big proponnent of Roddenberry's original "Geordi is Gay" idea.

Yeah,
like, it worked to have African-Americans and Asians as crew, so why not homosexual crew mem.?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:34 pm
I saw an interwiew with some dude (can't remember who) that the biggest group of fans want the new movie to be either about fixing the timeline or contain klingons.

I hope it will be a mix about that.  

Sweetycow

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 pm
Sweetycow
I saw an interwiew with some dude (can't remember who) that the biggest group of fans want the new movie to be either about fixing the timeline or contain klingons.

Eh, fixing the Timeline? No. Klingons? They are versatile.

I want something that's not too directly related to the last, but somewhat. Like Star Trek II, III, and IV are all stand alone films but continuations.

I want to see, for example, how the situation with the REAL Romulans has been affected by the events of XI. I mean, there is bound to be unnecessary hostility from Reactionaries in the Federation after the incidents with the Fake a** romulans from XI. I want to see some sort of Fallout

And I want to see more REAL romulans. XI was good, but Bald, Tatooed men in a porcupine ship? Come on....  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:49 pm
Matt Pniewski
Sweetycow

Eh, fixing the Timeline? No. Klingons? They are versatile.

I want something that's not too directly related to the last, but somewhat. Like Star Trek II, III, and IV are all stand alone films but continuations.

I want to see, for example, how the situation with the REAL Romulans has been affected by the events of XI. I mean, there is bound to be unnecessary hostility from Reactionaries in the Federation after the incidents with the Fake a** romulans from XI. I want to see some sort of Fallout

And I want to see more REAL romulans. XI was good, but Bald, Tatooed men in a porcupine ship? Come on....

Actually I think the tattoos made it easier for me to distinguish Vulcans from Romulans. They are biologically the same species which makes it kind of hard to tell them apart.

Klingons would be alright, I'm curious of what they would look like in the rebooted Star Trek  

xXSuperWhateverXx

7,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Aria Hikari

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:18 pm
I got my dvd todaaaay blaugh