Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Glossolalia. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:33 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:12 am
Hmmm. No, not really. It sounds like what Christians called "speaking in tongues" though.

Interesting. Sorry that wasn't helpful.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:30 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:46 pm
I was experimenting with some written glossolalia in the Chatterbox a while ago. I got some interesting PMs. xd  

Tsuzuki

Half_Pint

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:45 pm
Hmm just speaking random nonesense if that applies then yes I do that. I don't really know why but I just do.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:44 pm
No experience with that, myself. I just make happy noises ... when I'm happy, duh.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

NoSuchCreature

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:26 am
Can't say anything about that myself, though my brother has an odd quirk of talking without opening his mouth when (supposedly) nobody's around. I've also had friends that slept over and said that they'd see me looking over at stuffed animals close to my bed and start babbling to them. Of course, we all know how it is when you're sleepy/sleeping (everyone mutters nonsense and random phrases when they've just been woken up or in the middle of their sleep, right? sweatdrop ).

As a matter of fact, I've typed in my sleep before, once to a former love interest. Get a load of this, and watch the times:

conversation

Me (2:23:20 AM): I can only try to make you happy, even in such rough times for you as this...
Her (2:26:45 AM): and so far, you have
Her (2:27:08 AM): i want to thank you, for always being there for me when i need someone...
Her (2:35:55 AM): ..Justin?
Her (2:44:55 AM): = hello?
Me (3:14:06 AM): Plas cloas
Her (3:14:33 AM): ?
Me (3:19:10 AM): We,I d hating tot hat to be drbne, I'm getignchntragd anywaM, the Crahtave eike I on0 that was at The suonly mat mtot maes.
Me (3:19:51 AM): Anyway, youre goblins rut tratu dearing you up,
Me (3:20:05 AM): thewould just one of thoxe days-towards .
Her (3:20:32 AM): o...kay...
Me (3:21:21 AM): ^^
Me (3:21:38 AM): WWell, I think I'm a bit tired,
Me (3:22:07 AM): I'll talk to you then, turn, ^^;
Her (3:22:17 AM): turn?
Me (3:22:43 AM): Be extra nice to anyone you hug, ^^
Her (3:23:00 AM): ...im really frickn' confused...

Just thought I'd share.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:45 pm
Sucellus
Can't say anything about that myself, though my brother has an odd quirk of talking without opening his mouth when (supposedly) nobody's around. I've also had friends that slept over and said that they'd see me looking over at stuffed animals close to my bed and start babbling to them. Of course, we all know how it is when you're sleepy/sleeping (everyone mutters nonsense and random phrases when they've just been woken up or in the middle of their sleep, right? sweatdrop ).

As a matter of fact, I've typed in my sleep before, once to a former love interest. Get a load of this, and watch the times:

conversation

Me (2:23:20 AM): I can only try to make you happy, even in such rough times for you as this...
Her (2:26:45 AM): and so far, you have
Her (2:27:08 AM): i want to thank you, for always being there for me when i need someone...
Her (2:35:55 AM): ..Justin?
Her (2:44:55 AM): = hello?
Me (3:14:06 AM): Plas cloas
Her (3:14:33 AM): ?
Me (3:19:10 AM): We,I d hating tot hat to be drbne, I'm getignchntragd anywaM, the Crahtave eike I on0 that was at The suonly mat mtot maes.
Me (3:19:51 AM): Anyway, youre goblins rut tratu dearing you up,
Me (3:20:05 AM): thewould just one of thoxe days-towards .
Her (3:20:32 AM): o...kay...
Me (3:21:21 AM): ^^
Me (3:21:38 AM): WWell, I think I'm a bit tired,
Me (3:22:07 AM): I'll talk to you then, turn, ^^;
Her (3:22:17 AM): turn?
Me (3:22:43 AM): Be extra nice to anyone you hug, ^^
Her (3:23:00 AM): ...im really frickn' confused...

Just thought I'd share.

Omg. rofl I love that...
Do you mind if I save that?  

Something to Replace

darkviewoflife13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:54 pm
i dont know if its the same but i sometimes mutter words under my breath and i have no idea what i'm saying  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:00 pm
inblood_isoak

Omg. rofl I love that...
Do you mind if I save that?

whee I don't mind in the least. Have at it!  

NoSuchCreature

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:04 pm
Only for fun, or when I've just woken up. My particular brand sounds something vaguely like you'd expect from a Lovecraftian critter. Nice sometimes to talk while your brain goes out to lunch.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:47 pm
Not that I remember. Then again, I should be asleep right now and my memory isn't that great. Well, come to think of it I've woken myself up a couple of times by saying something that made sense in the dream but as I wake up I realize that it doesn't make as much sense to my rational brain. I'm not sure if that counts as glossolalia. (That word is too much fun. ninja ) To my knowledge I don't "talk in my sleep" other than that, or at least I've never woken anyone else up with it. I tend to mutter to myself in "real" languages instead, other than English, that is.  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:40 pm
Tsuzuki
I was experimenting with some written glossolalia in the Chatterbox a while ago. I got some interesting PMs. xd
Planning on posting them- or are you just going to tease.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:31 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
I deleted them to make space, unfortunately, but one person desperately wanted me to teach her the Satanic language I was speaking. xd  

Tsuzuki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:18 am
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
I deleted them to make space, unfortunately, but one person desperately wanted me to teach her the Satanic language I was speaking. xd
crying I wish you had kept them.

rofl Well, were they Satanic in nature- did you ask questions?!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff