Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Nothin' says lovin' like used Regardie. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:53 pm
I picked up the older editions of The Middle Pillar and A Garden of Pomegranates for about $4 each.

Tell us of your library exploits. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:14 am
i borrow my friend's regardie/hyatt/wilson books and then never return them, ever.

does that count? =P  

MST3Kakalina

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:37 am
MST3Kakalina
i borrow my friend's regardie/hyatt/wilson books and then never return them, ever.

does that count? =P
Remind me never to loan you any of my books. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:07 am
Tsuzuki
MST3Kakalina

does that count? =P
I'm with you on that Tsuzuki.

I actually found some lovely Occult books. My friends and I were returning from a week at the beach, and this private Library was having a "change of owner" re-org sale.

I made out like a bandit. They had a whole occult section that the lady was selling for$.50 a book. I wish I had more than thirty bucks on me that day. But I got all the really good ones, including a nice old copy of the Goetia. Didn't want some snot-nosed brat picking that one up.  

TeaDidikai

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:40 am
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
MST3Kakalina

does that count? =P
I'm with you on that Tsuzuki.

I actually found some lovely Occult books. My friends and I were returning from a week at the beach, and this private Library was having a "change of owner" re-org sale.

I made out like a bandit. They had a whole occult section that the lady was selling for$.50 a book. I wish I had more than thirty bucks on me that day. But I got all the really good ones, including a nice old copy of the Goetia. Didn't want some snot-nosed brat picking that one up.

gonk Why does everyone get all the luck. The Occult section at my library is reduced to Wicca-101 books. I think theres a bit on astrology and vampires, but thats about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:43 am
Used bookstores in Champaign, IL and Buffalo Grove, IL are my places to get books. My libraries are terribly understocked, and what they have isn't much good.  

Cerulean Crayon

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:21 pm
Beer's Books in Sacramento, CA = the win.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:06 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Triste-chan

Triste-chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:14 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:45 pm
Nah I've never had such good luck with books. Although i did find a Thoth Tarot Deck by Aleistor Crowley on the subway , not even out of the package..i use it when i dont feel like skrying.  

SoilWork

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:21 pm
I found "A Book of Pagan Rituals" at a second hand book shop for 3$. Best investment I ever made in a book. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:21 pm
I think my great find was "The Book of Magical Names" by Phoenix McFarland. I picked it up at first because I write, and I use baby name books to get character names. It really did more than that for me, and I got it for 2.50...  

Cerulean Crayon

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:23 pm
On my way to school, I always pass a place called the "Book Barn" (only in Pennsylvania, I swear). Anyway, they sell super cheap books, and they were advertising 75% off of occult books. So I decided to check it out.

For the most part, the section consisted of "ghost story" books, with a few on astrology here and there. However, there was a Joseph Campbell book there for $4.00 (the only book that interested me in the section whee ). Needless to say, I got that one (and a few Stephen King books (in good condition, too) for $2 a pop). xd  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:24 pm
Wow. I should scope out my libraries book sales more often! I always check it out when they have one at the mall, but the only one's I've picked up lately have been a medical text about vitamins and nutrients and one about gardening. (That last ones' a real gem though; it has instructions and plans on how to build your own greenhouse!)  

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:53 pm
My library's occult etc. selection kinda sucks, and when they sell things it's never anything I'm interested in. At Gay Pride at my church last year though I got my hands on Walking a Sacred Path, a little book about labyrinths by Lauren Artress which is turning out not so bad, and also...drat. Well, I can't remember the name of it or the author and Amazon isn't helping me, but I think it looks interesting. I would check only I left it in my dorm room.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff