Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
funny/ annoying/ bizarre ska related stories Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:36 pm
I thought id start this off because i have a story, only most people I know barely know what ska is, and if they do they seem to think Less Than Jake were the first ska band ever, hopefully people here will understand.
My old best friend from where I used to live was really cool, she got me into loads of bands, including NOFX and Rancid, and even when i moved we kept in contact. Anyway, it all got a bit out of hand for her, she got sent to boarding school and stuff, and one of the last times i saw her she had turned into a complete townie/ chav (I dont know what you'd say if your American- think Adidas trousers, lots of pink, trailer trash type, liking drum'n'bass and hip hop or something).
Anyway, she told me she wasnt a townie, no she was a rude girl! Well, that was strange, as i really dont think she knew what a proper rude boy/girl is, but yeah, its annoying, there was a stage where very scary, me-hating people called themselves rude boys, it annoyed me so much!!
i have just realised how pointless this was, sorry, i feel in a ranting mood scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:29 pm
Magical, there are only 3 other kids in my school that know what ska is but they're not really into it.  

Red-Baron

GIoom
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:06 pm
girl_no_13
I thought id start this off because i have a story, only most people I know barely know what ska is, and if they do they seem to think Less Than Jake were the first ska band ever, hopefully people here will understand.
My old best friend from where I used to live was really cool, she got me into loads of bands, including NOFX and Rancid, and even when i moved we kept in contact. Anyway, it all got a bit out of hand for her, she got sent to boarding school and stuff, and one of the last times i saw her she had turned into a complete townie/ chav (I dont know what you'd say if your American- think Adidas trousers, lots of pink, trailer trash type, liking drum'n'bass and hip hop or something).
Anyway, she told me she wasnt a townie, no she was a rude girl! Well, that was strange, as i really dont think she knew what a proper rude boy/girl is, but yeah, its annoying, there was a stage where very scary, me-hating people called themselves rude boys, it annoyed me so much!!
i have just realised how pointless this was, sorry, i feel in a ranting mood scream
That would make me feel like ranting also! I would be pissed if someone was giving ska a bad name like that!

My story: I was at a punker party (one of the few left in my area since all good punk rock is pretty much dead aside for a few good bands). Well I dressed rude, of course, and I got along with most of the people there. Most of them were drunk lol and were saying "hey looks like a mod dropped in". This one drunk guy said, "Hey....mods and punks should be friends these days." I told them I was a rude boy and not really a mod, but I really didn't get through to their drunk arses. That was a lot fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:33 am
Lol biggrin Dressing ups fun, Im dressing up as a pirate next week for a party- arghhh!  

girl_no_13

Red-Baron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:47 pm
arghhhh!!!!
No real stories out here, It seems I can't wear suspenders without people callin me a skinhead  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:42 am
Red-Baron
arghhhh!!!!
No real stories out here, It seems I can't wear suspenders without people callin me a skinhead
You should anyways, hehe. 3nodding  

GIoom
Vice Captain

Red-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:49 am
It's a bad thing now, people will be like, "You f'ing rascist s**t!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:52 pm
Red-Baron
Magical, there are only 3 other kids in my school that know what ska is but they're not really into it.

Same thing in my school...
Except only two...
Including me.  

Worthless Marshmellow

GIoom
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:21 am
Worthless Marshmellow
Red-Baron

Same thing in my school...
Except only two...
Including me.
That really sucks. I'm sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:21 am
I am the only kid REALLY into ska.
One of my friends is getting into it, but not really.  

King Of The Ska
Captain

OMG Supa Kawaii

1,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:27 pm
holy crap i have a funny storey... well what i think is funny....

any way at skewl when the bell rang and every one started walkin' out of class and when i was out side i got bored so i just was skankin' to nothin xd any way while i was in my own little world i acidently kick some kid and he goes "HOW FREAKIN' RUDE!" and i was like "Why thank you." it was funny but i apologized yet i still thinks he hates me sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:44 pm
skankin-kakashi

any way at skewl when the bell rang and every one started walkin' out of class and when i was out side i got bored so i just was skankin' to nothin xd any way while i was in my own little world i acidently kick some kid and he goes "HOW FREAKIN' RUDE!" and i was like "Why thank you." it was funny but i apologized yet i still thinks he hates me sweatdrop .

Lmao, nice.  

King Of The Ska
Captain

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:25 am
skankin-kakashi

Yay!!!!!! God, that made me laugh so so much, more than it should but ive had lots of sugar. My friends are lookin at me a bit oddly, not all of them like ska. Actually, im lucky, i know a few people that like ska, and all the ones that dont somehow tolerate my skanking in the common room and nearly dying the day of a gig when im trying to kill time!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:34 pm
I was at a Catch22 concert when they hit Arizona, and I was skankin' my heart out and some emo kid got in my way, and I kicked him right in the a**. His emo friends tried to jump me.  

King Of The Ska
Captain

OMG Supa Kawaii

1,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:51 pm
girl_no_13
skankin-kakashi

Yay!!!!!! God, that made me laugh so so much, more than it should but ive had lots of sugar. My friends are lookin at me a bit oddly, not all of them like ska. Actually, im lucky, i know a few people that like ska, and all the ones that dont somehow tolerate my skanking in the common room and nearly dying the day of a gig when im trying to kill time!

I love randomly skankin' xd
oh and i have bizzare ska related story also. one day we were getting a new algebra teacher and i was wearing my less than jake shirt (Screw you unified dress code!!!) any way... i walk in and the teacher looks 24 er so and she saw my shirt and said that she went to high school with the member(s) of less than jake. I was like HOLY CRAP YOU'RE SO FREAKIN' LUCKY!!  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff