Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Inxpensive supplies? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:35 pm
So I was wondering if anyone knows a website where you can get good raw crystals and other items that do not cost an arm and a leg. I haven't really found anywhere local. Maybe someone is hiding around here, but I haven't found them. I know there is a Wicca shop in Washington D.C. that I really want to go to and if anyone has been there would you mind giving some thought about it?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:25 am
I'd have to say that if there isn't a place near you that sells them look up some sites. Thats what I have done to get my crystals.  

redtearsblackwings

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:11 am
It's not a website, but something you might look into is seeing if there are any gem and mineral shows coming to your area. I've heard great things from them.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:52 am
maenad nuri
It's not a website, but something you might look into is seeing if there are any gem and mineral shows coming to your area. I've heard great things from them.

Exactly what I was about to suggest. I went to a small rock and mineral show in my area last weekend and found a lot of well priced stones and crystals there. smile

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:25 pm
When it comes to buying online, be careful.
What you get may not have been ethically procured.
And by this, I am referring to strip mining and slavery.
If you want your gemstones tainted with that, for the sake of cheap gemstones, then bear in mind you are profiting from strip mining and/or slavery.

Though, seriously, get local stones. Much better. And, being the animist that I am, ask first.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 pm
CuAnnan
When it comes to buying online, be careful.
What you get may not have been ethically procured.
And by this, I am referring to strip mining and slavery.

If you want your gemstones tainted with that, for the sake of cheap gemstones, then bear in mind you are profiting from strip mining and/or slavery.

Though, seriously, get local stones. Much better. And, being the animist that I am, ask first.
Cu and I are pretty much on the same page. There are places where you can get Green Fair Trade stones, we have a few where I live, and almost all of my amber is bought from a single person who engages in trade with a woman who beach combs for it near where part of my family lived before Baba was forced in the camps.  

TeaDidikai

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:37 pm
I never even thought about slave mining. How sad... Thanks though! Any website recommendations?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:15 pm
Check your local crafting store. I remember a while back a local store sold gemstones. It was a kind of "Fill the velvet bag for 5$" Type of thing. I know theme parks tend to do the same thing fairly frequently.  

CilverCyanide

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:35 pm
CilverCyanide
Check your local crafting store. I remember a while back a local store sold gemstones. It was a kind of "Fill the velvet bag for 5$" Type of thing. I know theme parks tend to do the same thing fairly frequently.
I liked how one of the local places had that and stopped supporting it when it turned out they were funding strip mining in different parts of South America.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:39 pm
Aakosir
I never even thought about slave mining. How sad... Thanks though! Any website recommendations?
What exactly are you looking for?
And which is more important, price or ethics?
Lastly- why are you looking for them in the first place?  

TeaDidikai

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:20 am
maenad nuri

That is a really good idea.
It never even accored to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:19 am
redtearsblackwings
maenad nuri

That is a really good idea.
It never even accored to me.
It doesn't address the fact that Gem Shows still carry unethical gems.  

TeaDidikai

redtearsblackwings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:47 am
Aakosir

A couple of sites that might help.
I havn't been though this website fully, but I've been into the shop.
http://www.esotericbookshop.com.au/new/contact.php/16/4
All prices are AUD.

http://www.sacredmists.com/crystal-realms.html
That is all USD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:50 pm
redtearsblackwings

A couple of sites that might help.
I havn't been though this website fully, but I've been into the shop.
http://www.esotericbookshop.com.au/new/contact.php/16/4
All prices are AUD.
Hmmm.... lots of culture rape on that website.

Quote:
http://www.sacredmists.com/crystal-realms.html
That is all USD
No comment on the ethics of their mineral collection, but there site supports a fair amount of culture rape as well.  

TeaDidikai

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:22 pm
Culture rape? What exactally is that. I get the concept, but I'm still not sure.

I'd rather have clean pieces. No bad energies. And the reason I want them is to start my own collection for magicks.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff