Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Yet another Fundraising brainstorm topic Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:56 pm
Okay, this isn't about spreading plenty of ideas around. It's about one specific idea, the bake sale.

I did a brainstorm session today, OMG RIGHT?, *ahem* anyways, and I felt I came up with a lot of cute ideas that could very well be used in a Bake Shop Mini Shop. Below is all my brainstorming. Wanna expand on it a bit? well then post D:< I can't very well do this all by myself xD. jkjk i love you ball-ers!

8th Annual Ball Fund-raising Brainstorm

Theme: Mythology

Possible Shop Name: Cart Around the World
Style: Bake Shop

Mythology
Greek
Egyptian
Hindu
Indian/Native American
American

Greek Ideas
*Mt. Olympia
- Cloud cakes ?
- Temple Cakes
*Zeus
-Thunderbolt iced cupcakes (kinda like those 8 note cupcakes on camp rock)
- Medallion Sugar Cookies
*Poseidon
-crab cakes (harhar get the pun?)

Egyptian Ideas
*Hieroglyphics
-frosted cupcake?
-cakes?
-cookies?

-Decorated Jewel Beetle Cookies
-Candy Jar in the shape of those Ritual Organ jars they havewit hthe mummies, organs not included)
-Ankh Cookies

Native American
-Cornbread?
-Flatbread
-

American
- Cauldron of goodies
- Ghost Marshmallows
- Glittered Bat Cookies
- Werewolf Chow (kinda like puppy chow)
- Fairy Puffs
- Potion Juice

Buddhism?? maybe not reallly?
-Buddha Cakes

Caribbean
- La Diablesse Food Cake (devils food cake)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:56 pm
Okay I lied, here I wanna list on some of the ideas given through coordinates and me

Ideas
Tektek Shop?
Art Shop?
Raffles, Lottos , etc.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 pm
This coul be brought to the main headquarters thread in the committee hideout, you may post.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 am
I have a few things to say about that. >.>
And I don't think any of them are nice.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:37 pm
jessieomer
I have a few things to say about that. >.>
And I don't think any of them are nice.

It is the same way as last year and it works.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:32 pm
I just think you should have contacted me prior to making it, and discussed a few things with me.

Granted I found out a little late, but still. If you had contacted me earlier, I may have given a better response than the one I want to warrant you.  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:36 pm
Lol Jessie I love you! XD <3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:39 pm
Yes! I has oober brain storming brain powers!

I even spoke to Pixi about it ^.^ She said that even with the real life things she was doing shed help me all she can.

And I think the menu is .... very interesting. I dunno, I was popping out ideas left and right and maybe some of them sounded cool and some of them didnt but still. I was looking at the craft bible, really its a bible for me even though its just a catalog book, and it had practically everything. It was love at first sight. Its my source for the whole medallion sugar cookie idea in the Greek mythology. I saw these old coin charms and was like jackpot! xD  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:35 pm
jessieomer
I just think you should have contacted me prior to making it, and discussed a few things with me.

Granted I found out a little late, but still. If you had contacted me earlier, I may have given a better response than the one I want to warrant you.

I didn't need to fully talk to you as I have time but at the moment I can use my inbox only for military pm's. I am doing what worked from last year, and this is your first year in it so... not trying to sound rude but lately i have been ticked off.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:06 am
Last Year it was a fairytale prom type of thing. I agree the date thing did work then, but this year is different. You can't expect to do the same thing every year and not have people becoming bored with the idea. The bake sale was practically an instant hit when the idea was brought forth in the previous fund raising topics.

This may be my first official year doing the ball, but its not my first year making enough money in mini shops to get by with pretty pixels and buy my boyfriend a ninja band.

Honestly, gaia isn't the only way you can get a hold of me. We have an address book here and I did submit to it.

If you don't like that, then I can officially withdraw from the fund-raising committee, enter a different one, and watch your sinking ship from the mainland.

-something mean about stress was put here but was then later removed by the author of this post-  

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:55 am
jessieomer
Last Year it was a fairytale prom type of thing. I agree the date thing did work then, but this year is different. You can't expect to do the same thing every year and not have people becoming bored with the idea. The bake sale was practically an instant hit when the idea was brought forth in the previous fund raising topics.

This may be my first official year doing the ball, but its not my first year making enough money in mini shops to get by with pretty pixels and buy my boyfriend a ninja band.

Honestly, gaia isn't the only way you can get a hold of me. We have an address book here and I did submit to it.

If you don't like that, then I can officially withdraw from the fund-raising committee, enter a different one, and watch your sinking ship from the mainland.

-something mean about stress was put here but was then later removed by the author of this post-

I wasn't meaning it that way, i was meaning having a headquarters. Also I had to delete that post as it deals with stuff that was only meant for certain people to read, then I deleted it. Also at the moment gaia is the official way of contacting me, use my comment board. that is fast replies from me.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:56 am
jessieomer

and it wasn't something mean, it was saying that at the moment if i seem irritated it is not because of you or anyone here it is due to something else.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

broken_bleeding_angel
Crew

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:17 am
Sheriff Dustin
jessieomer

and it wasn't something mean, it was saying that at the moment if i seem irritated it is not because of you or anyone here it is due to something else.

Well in all honesty Dustin, you haven't been very well known in my books for establishing a good communication with anyone in the guild. Both of you need to work this out so that both are happy. And on the issue of the thread, you should have contacted her regardless of how many times you've been here Dustin. You're BOTH Captains of the fundraising. That means you both make the decisions that work together.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:30 am
broken_bleeding_angel
Sheriff Dustin
jessieomer

Well in all honesty Dustin, you haven't been very well known in my books for establishing a good communication with anyone in the guild. Both of you need to work this out so that both are happy. And on the issue of the thread, you should have contacted her regardless of how many times you've been here Dustin. You're BOTH Captains of the fundraising. That means you both make the decisions that work together.

I never think there should of been captains, i saw nothing was happening then to even set-up a headquarters that anyone from the committee can edit so I took initiative. Also yes I did communicate all the past 2 years just last year it was last minute that dolly dropped out, all the communication was with her about the stuff, and i did communicate fully with the committee last year. You don't know what goes on through pm's (unless you hacked my account)

Also what ever happened to valiea?  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff