Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
New Moon Ritual (WIP) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:43 pm
After talking with Nuri in M&R this morning, I began thinking about how the moon has in relation to my path. I began thinking of the symbolism and allegory of the moon within my astrology studies, my basic alchemical knowledge, and what the interpretation of those symbols mean in my path. I now see the lunar cycle as the mystics journey, starting with the New Moon and the mystic begins as a seeker of the Divine Wisdom, continuing to bask (waxing) in the Light until the seeker is filled with that Sacred Knowledge (Full Moon). The Seeker is now a teacher and shares all the Arcana (using Tomberg's terminology here for the Divine Wisdom) that has been gained until and teaching (waning) until the teacher must become the student once more (back to the New Moon). I am currently working on rituals within my path that are to be practiced during what I understand to be major lunar cycles (New, first Quarter (waxing), Half, (waxing), Last Quarter (waxing), Full, Last Quarter (waning), Half (waning), and First Quarter (waning)). This ritual, since I'm posting it here, may be used by all who wish and/or adjusted where the celebrant sees fit. Any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated.

*Intended for solitary usage but may be modified to for a small group.
*For this ritual you will need 2 white candles, a bell, a parable from the Gospels, and cross and is to be performed on the last day of the new moon when a small sliver is visible.
*While speaking, eyes should be kept on the cross for most of the ritual for the purpose of focus. It is recommended that the ritual space is purified before performing.

Celebrant
Almighty God, I (we) thank you for this time and this closet I (we) pray in. Though it is night, you offer me (us) a glimpse of your Holy Light. I (We) humbly pray that the light you reveal tonight will allow me (us) to be blessed by your Holy Sophia.
Open my (our) eyes Lord!
*At this time the celebrant lights two candles.
Celebrant
Now is the time I (we) remember that I am (we are) and always have been filled with the Holy Spirit.
*ring the bell once
Now is the time I (we) remember that like Christ, I (we) have died and resurrected, but now I (we) seek the ascension.
*ring the bell once
Now is the time I (we) see the Heavenly Father-Mother, Christ Yeshua revealed to the world.
*ring the bell once
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I (we) humbly pray that I am (we are) graced by your Holy Sophia.
*Ring the bell three times.
Before I (we) can seek the Kingdom, I (we) wish to drop my (our) treasures so that I (we) may become like a camel
*A this time the celebrant and participants are to take a moment to silently confess any personal errors that have been knowingly committed that are contraryagape.
Celebrant
In your name we pray,
All
Amen.
Celebrant
This is the wisdom of my (our) Lord, Christ Yeshua.
*The celebrant then reads the parable aloud. A moment of silence is given to meditate/pray on the words read.
Celebrant
This is the wisdom that my (our) Lord, Christ Yeshua, revealed while he was incarnate on Earth. As this wisdom applies physically, let me (us) remember that this wisdom is psychic and spiritual as well.
*Extinguish the candles while speaking the following.
Though I extinguish these lights let me (us) remember that God's Light continually shines within others and myself (ourselves).
May I (we) go forth in peace and do your will. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
All
Amen.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:59 am
rmcdra
I now see the lunar cycle as the mystics journey, starting with the New Moon and the mystic begins as a seeker of the Divine Wisdom, continuing to bask (waxing) in the Light until the seeker is filled with that Sacred Knowledge (Full Moon). The Seeker is now a teacher and shares all the Arcana (using Tomberg's terminology here for the Divine Wisdom) that has been gained until and teaching (waning) until the teacher must become the student once more (back to the New Moon).

heart Love this idea.

rmcdra
*For this ritual you will need [...] a bell

What would you suggest for those who, for whatever reason, may be unable to obtain and/or use a bell (for example, those who have restrictions on the amount of noise they can make at night)?

rmcdra
It is recommended that the ritual space is purified before performing.

(If it's not too personal) How would you go about doing that?  

Nines19

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:33 pm
Nines19

rmcdra

What would you suggest for those who, for whatever reason, may be unable to obtain and/or use a bell (for example, those who have restrictions on the amount of noise they can make at night)?

Light hand claps would work.
Nines19

rmcdra

Not at all ^^. I Sprinkle a little bit of holy water over my ritual area, as if I was misting. I bless holy water by making a cross with my hands over the top of the water and saying "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I bless this water in your name". I put a little olive oil oil I have set aside for ritual purposes on my fingers to reinforce the idea that I'm blessing it but using the oil really is not necessary. Also since I am a material in this ritual, I will also make small cross on my forehead with my oil also but I could just as easily have used the holy water in it's place. Hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:08 pm
rmcdra
Nines19

rmcdra

Nines19

rmcdra

Not at all ^^. I Sprinkle a little bit of holy water over my ritual area, as if I was misting. I bless holy water by making a cross with my hands over the top of the water and saying "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I bless this water in your name". I put a little olive oil oil I have set aside for ritual purposes on my fingers to reinforce the idea that I'm blessing it but using the oil really is not necessary. Also since I am a material in this ritual, I will also make small cross on my forehead with my oil also but I could just as easily have used the holy water in it's place. Hope this helps.

Thankee-sai.

I may do this tomorrow night. (I meant to do some type of ritual last night but totally forgot with how busy yesterday was.) Shall I post impressions, etc., in this thread afterwards?  

Nines19

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:28 pm
Nines19

Thankee-sai.

I may do this tomorrow night. (I meant to do some type of ritual last night but totally forgot with how busy yesterday was.) Shall I post impressions, etc., in this thread afterwards?

It would help me work out possible "kinks" in it and I love hearing about spiritual experiences but other than that if you don't want to share I won't hold it against you and would respect the personal-ness of it.

I'm going to be working on a quarter moon ritual but I'm having a bit of "writers block" of what to incorporate to make it similar to the last but also distinct enough to be a different ritual.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:58 pm
What are the area and objects being purified of?  

Aino Ailill

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:18 am
Aino Ailill

Anything that could create a "false gnosis" on the outer level.

It also has a psychological effect too of reminding the celebrant subconsciously that the celebrant is looking for a specific experience from a specific being. That the experience, in this system, if consistent with the Law of Agape and prior experiences also consistent with the Law of Agape, then it can be trusted to of come from the deity being addressed in the ritual.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:22 am
rmcdra
Aino Ailill

Will you give examples?

Quote:
It also has a psychological effect too of reminding the celebrant subconsciously that the celebrant is looking for a specific experience from a specific being. That the experience, in this system, if consistent with the Law of Agape and prior experiences also consistent with the Law of Agape, then it can be trusted to of come from the deity being addressed in the ritual.

I see. Thankie. ^^  

Aino Ailill

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:38 pm
Aino Ailill
rmcdra
Aino Ailill

Will you give examples?
Thought forms are the most common, either created by the celebrant or others that reside in the area where the ritual is taking place. Just to name one.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:49 pm
rmcdra
Aino Ailill
rmcdra
Aino Ailill

Will you give examples?
Thought forms are the most common, either created by the celebrant or others that reside in the area where the ritual is taking place. Just to name one.

O, I get it. Thanks. smile  

Aino Ailill

Nines19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:30 pm
I changed a little bit and made a little drama of the purification part, but I think I needed something to that effect.

Thank you very much, Robert.

I chose the Parable of the Weeds. I feel it has some correlation to my own circumstances at the moment, particularly those surrounding my stumbling blocks with Agape. (Though I do understand that its true meaning is somewhat different from the way I am choosing to interpret it at the moment.)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:20 pm
Not necessarily my Path, but very nice nonetheless. Look forward to your future work!  

River_Moonwolf

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:11 pm
@Nines19
I'm very happy to hear that smile . I don't see a problem with that. This set of lunar rituals are designed for self-development and making your relationship with God more personal so personal interpretations, especially those that try to hit at deeper things, like what you have hinted at, can only help. I think a little more drama on my end might have helped when I performed it. I was so nervous because my fiancee actually was willing to participate. I think I lead this ritual quite nicely though.

@River_Moonwolf
Thank you <3. I posted it here though because I trust that I can get honest criticism here. Also there are a few heretics and Christian witches in this guild that might find benefit from this. I hope to have my first quarter (waxing) ritual finished so I can post it by this morning.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:38 pm
rmcdra
Nines19

rmcdra

You could also blow across a bottle, especially if you are going to have one present for a love feast/communion afterward.
Quote:

I put a little olive oil oil I have set aside for ritual purposes on my fingers to reinforce the idea that I'm blessing it but using the oil really is not necessary.
There are other sacred oils that were used, some of which smell amazing and were associated with divine presence amongst the early Gnostics. I can dig out the recipes if you like.  

TeaDidikai

Nines19

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 pm
TeaDidikai
I can dig out the recipes if you like.

Please do.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers