Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
A Prince's Desire (Full) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:36 pm
~Plot~

Sophie, a girl in New York City, is like everyone else. She works hard to live and still enjoys what she does. Most people want to be something else like an actress or an artist but not her. She loves working at the local restaurant/bar where she meets a lot of interesting people. In the day time, she does what any New Yorker does and explores the city. Mostly she stays in the park and visits with the people and the tourists. Sometimes she even takes her guitar to play with the other players. Her best friend, Elane, is always around her.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the country, the Prince of Wales has had enough of the normal rich life back home. His parents want him married but, although he has had a lot of girlfriends, he has never found the one he truly wanted. The Prince finally decides for a change. He leaves Wales with his best friend/butler and moves to New York City in search of anything new.

The first night they are there the prince sees Sophie and falls in love at first sight but she is not easily fooled. Sophie has had many bad relationships and believes you don't need one in order to be happy. What will the Prince do? Will he convince her of his love for her or will she end up disappointing him and send him packing?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:22 pm
User Image

My Puppet Master S u g a r y Deception
--I am called-- Daniel William Cambridge

--I know I look young but I'm really... -- 21

What I do for a living--Nothing but if you must know, I'm the heir to the throne of Wales

My life has always been different when compared to some: I was born the sole heir to the throne of Wales, so, that makes me a prince. I'm not stuck up like the media makes royalty out to be, I'm actually quite caring. Ever since I was little, though, I got everything I could have possibly asked for and more. But, I've grown tired of it and finally, I couldn't take it anymore. Why? Because my parents wanted me to get married. MARRIED! I haven't yet found the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. So, I asked my best friend and butler, James, to come with me to America. I am now currently living in New York City and I love it.

About a few hours after I arrived, I immediately spotted the one I knew I never wanted to be away from. She was extrordinarily beautiful and I knew she was the one. But, I don't know how well she'll handle the fact that I'm in love with her... Or that I'm the Prince... Not that it's a big deal or anything.

My parents are not happy that I have left and it's all over the news, all over the world. It's just a matter of time before she finds out who I really am anyways.

Other: I have a good sense of humor, I love chocolate and I never stop when I have something I want. This is James. and this is the b***h Carolina. The brothers: Edward and Erik. And the sister: Alisson

Rosalind Bloom

Kindly Giver

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 pm
User Image
My Puppet Master elphy_and_fiyero
--I am called-- Sophie Taylor
--I know I look young but I'm really... --21

What I do for a living-- Bartender/ Waitress

My life has always been different when compared to some: Growing up in the south was different compared to loving up north. I had grown up on a farm with plenty of animals and chores. After college, I found a job as a bartender and stuck with it ever since. Elaine came soon after. I do everything with her. Without her I would have never been able to survive the city. My parents weren't too sure about the move but I was as soon as I got there. I felt that something big was soon to happen to me. Some days I still feel like it might.

When I left Texas, my brothers didn't seem too happy. They couldn't protect me anymore. But I was glad to get out of there. I was free. Like a bird. I had waited years for it. My family always seemed to smother me. Wanting to know my business. But I guess that was because I was the only daughter in the family.

Life in the big city is a lot different. The men especially. Though there was one that seemed different from the rest. Just to stand out a little. Elane noticed hi too but for a different reason. It seems her life goal to hook me up with the perfect men. But they don't seem to exist in New York. At least in my opinion.

Other: This is my best friend Elane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:26 pm
Several people passed me by as I ran to work. It wasn't that I was late, it was....ok. So maybe I was a little late. By Frank, my manager as well as the cook, was always letting me off easy with his warnings. I ran into the bar and quickly punched myself in. Only a two minutes late. Not bad. "I do believe that's a record, Soph." Elane smiled at me as she leaned against the counter. My regular customers were just coming in as other ones were leaving.

"Order up!" Frank yelled from the back before resting his eyes on me. "'Bout time Taylor." He chuckled and then pointed to the bar. "Now get to work." He smiled. I turned to what he was looking at and decided he was right. Work was work and it was only the beginning. The wild customers wouldn't even come in until later.

"What'll you have?" I asked the first guy at the counter.

"A date with you." The guy winked and I rolled my eyes. Typical line from a New Yorker. I stood there waiting for his real answer. The guy sighed, obviously not going to get a date out of me and decided to try again. "A beer." I handed him a bottle and went to the next customer. A few hours passed and nothing really exciting happened. Elane and I served the customers and cleaned tables. It wasn't much but it was money. And I needed it. Thankfully, with it, I was able to do what I wanted to do during the day.

Elane and I leaned against the customer as we waited for more people to serve. "So how was your date with Leo?" She asked. Ah, yes. Leo. The lawyer. Phone junky and workaholic. Yea, he was a perfect match. NOT.

"Boring. He talked on his cell phone the whole time about a case. The food was good though. I need to take you there sometime. You'd like it." Elane sighed and paused for a moment as she thought of a different name.

"No matter. Ooo, I know. You should go on a date with-" She began but I stopped her.

"Sorry, E.Customer." I smiled and walked off to someone at the bar. Saved by an elderly couple. It wasn't that I didn't want her to set me up. Elane meant well but her matches were always not what I wanted. Besides, I was fine with just me and her.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

Rosalind Bloom

Kindly Giver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:08 pm
Daniel was walking around New York City with his best friend and butler James. They were inseparable and anyone who knew them personally understood this well. That’s part of the reason James left to the states with Daniel. He wasn’t originally from the U.S., oh no. He was from Wales. Yes, Wales and he wasn’t just anybody, he was the crown prince, heir to the throne.

Why would a prince be running away to a different country you might ask. Well, the answer is simple.: He didn’t want to get married and the royal life was getting old.

“I’m hungry.” James whined and Daniel smirked a little. All the girls couldn’t keep their eyes off of them due to the fact that they had as they put it ‘irresistible accents’ and their looks were apparently good looking as well.

“Ok, we shall go and find something to eat.” He said nodding once. They had just arrived there that day so they didn’t know of any place they could go yet. They walked around for about ten minutes later before stopping to ask of a good place to go. The guy told them to try the bar down the block and they agreed a bar sounded good.

They walked a bit then went into the bar. They were both wearing different clothes and they had on slight disguises as well. It was sure to be on the news as soon as the media realized that he had fled to the States. They walked over to a table and looked around. They could smell the food as well which made them hungry.

Then he saw her. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his entire life. Everything about her just seemed perfect to him. James noticed the expression on his face and said, “Snap out of it.” He snapped in front of his face a bit then Daniel blinked.

“Sorry…” He said then sighed a bit as they waited for someone to come over and help them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:29 pm
The elderly couple smiled sweetly at me as I wrote down everything they said. Their soft, gentle hands holding onto one another as they seemed to have been doing for years. Secretly in my mind I wanted that. Someone to grow old with. But that was what everyone secretly wanted. Even if they didn't wanted to admit it. Me, I didn't want to admit it to anyone. Not even my mother. And that was saying something.

Elane brought me out of my thought as I placed the order on the rack. "Do you see them?!" She whispered to me. I turned around to see who she was looking at but when I just began looking around, she grabbed my chin. "The Euro hotties!" She practically squealed.

"Will you calm down? They're probably tourists." I told her and refilled a drink order at the bar. I had to admit one of them in particular was very attractive though I felt weird that he was looking at me strangely. Almost like he had never seen something like me before.

"Oo, I wonder if they need someone to show them around New York." She said rather excitedly but I just rolled my eyes.

"What they need is someone to wait their table." I smiled and walked over before she could run in front of me. It was in my section anyway so either way I had to get their order. The one who was staring at me didn't say anything. It was only to obvious what he really wanted. "Well, I'm sorry to say this but the only thing available is on that menu." I pointed to the menu with my pen. "Now what can I get you boys? Or do you need more time?"

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

Rosalind Bloom

Kindly Giver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:42 pm
Daniel and James watched her come over then both traded glances at her words. What was she talking about? He just shook his head a bit then looked over to James. “I’ll have the uh… Double cheeseburger…” He said not really caring what he ate since he was hungry. Daniel thought a moment then said, “I’ll have the same.” In all truth, he had never had a cheeseburger before. His parents saw it as, well, commoner food so to speak. He always ate the best of the best, never something greasy like that so he was anxious to try it.

James looked between the girl and his friend then blinked a little. He didn’t say anything but he could tell that Daniel had it bad for the girl, even though they had never met before. They both sighed then turned their attention to the TV that was on. Daniel cursed mentally at the news story that was on.

“Young Daniel, Prince of Wales, has fled to the States with friend and butler James. The royal family is refusing to speak on the matter for the time being…” The reporter said over the TV. A few people were watching it but thankfully no one bothered to turn to look at them. Thankfully, they didn’t have any pictures or footage of them yet.

He sighed a bit then looked down at the table. Their accents made it obvious that they weren’t from America and if they were to talk to anyone who had seen the news, they would more than likely get found out. He really didn’t want that, he just wanted to be normal for a little bit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 pm
I looked up at the TV before writing down their order. "Ok, then. I'll put your order in and get that for you. My name is Sophie so hollar if you need anything else." For some reason, I felt strange about that guy even after I left their table.. Like this wasn't going to be the last time I was going to see him. "Hey Frankie, I need two brown cows with the works." I told him and placed the order on the rack with the others. I went back to helping the other customers but I couldn't help thinking about that one guy.

My gaze eventually turned to the elderly couple as I filled in more drinks from the bar. They laughed and he kissed her hand a few times. It was amazing to see how love never fades with couples. "Excuse me." One of them said at the bar.

"Yes sir. What can I get you?" I asked. The man ordered a scotch and I set the filled glass on the counter in front of him before taking the money from him. The man at table seven remained on my mind. But why? I didn't even know him and yet he was staying on my mind.

"So." Elane said from behind me, making me jump. "What do you think of the euro guys? They're pretty cute. Oo, we could double date!"

"Will you stop, E?" I laughed and began to wipe down the counter. The sun was now full gone and the usual wild customers were practically coming in. Soon the restaurant part of the place wouldn't be as popular as the bar. That's when the real show would be coming in. "They're just customers. That's it. Leave it be and move on, hun."

The bell finally dinged as Frank yelled for another order up. Two brown cows with the works. "Gotta run." I shrugged and grabbed the plates and headed to their table. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Elane watching me as I headed back to their Euro table. "Here you are boys. Two of the best cheeseburgers in the city. At least, that's Frank's opinion. Is there anything else I can get you boys? Drinks? Sodas?"

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

Rosalind Bloom

Kindly Giver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 pm
Daniel glanced over to James as he saw the girl and what looked like her friend talk and look over at them. He sighed a little and immediately got the wrong idea. He thought that they had figured out they were the two mentioned on the TV. But, his thoughts were soon proved wrong when she came over and acted as if she knew nothing.

“No, that’s it. Thanks.” He said then James chimed in. “May we ask your name? From where we come from, it is always custom to know who is serving you.” Daniel knew that wasn’t the case but knew it could be from other places. It was kind of an over exaggeration. Yes, the liked to know the people who were around them but that was only when they were hiring for the royal family.

Daniel cast a nervous glance over to the TV just in time to see that they were now showing pictures. Thankfully, they still had on their disguises but it wouldn’t be too long before someone figured out their little secret. “Actually, could we get this to go? I just remembered we have an… appointment.” He said and James nodded once.

He just wanted to get out of there before risking to reveal his and James’ true identity. He didn’t want to leave either though. It was a mixed feeling but he knew it was best to go. He did, however, plan to come back and see her again. He’d need to plan how he was going to go about this.

“How long have you been working here?” He asked curiously and James gave him a look that said, ‘What are you doing? We need to go!’ Daniel shook his head slightly and only once then glance back over to her. He moved a few stray strands of his blonde hair out of his face as he waited for her to answer and bring them boxes for their food as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:07 pm
I was a bit surprised when he had asked for my name. Clearly, I had already given it to him and, clearly, it was on my name tag on my shirt. But, nonetheless, I decided to humor him. He wanted to make conversation and I decided it wouldn't hurt to answer his simple questions. "Oh, let me get some bo-" I began but Elane was over by my side with two go-boxes.

"Her name's Sophie. And I'm Elane." She smiled at the one with glasses. Clearly, Elane was up to something. Most likely trying to get another date. I nudged Elane but she kept her smile and moved some hair out of her face. I turned my gaze back to the other one. Although I could tell they needed to leave, it appeared this one didn't want to go. Most guys would have just asked for my number or even handed me their business card before running out the door. "Let me get those for you." She smiled as she placed the food in the boxes.

"I've been working here for a few years now. Since I graduated from the local college here." I shrugged. My eyes turned to the TV above and saw the two faces. They looked familiar but then again they didn't. When I looked back at the Euro guy, he seemed a little nervous. With my luck, he and his buddy were convicted felons wanted by the police. Just my luck right?

In the window's reflection, I could see a bunch of college students waiting at the bar. They were waiting for their nightly show with me and Elane. Nothing fancy just a few tricks with the drinks and a couple of dances on the bar. Mostly line dances. Simple ones but it was Elane and my favorite time of the night. It was when we could really kick up our heels and be our true selves.

"Here's your check. Don't want to be late for your appointment. Besides, Elane and I have to get back to work." She looked at me and I pointed behind us. "It's almost happy hour, if you know what I mean." I winked and Elane and I left the table where we took our place at the bar.

"Evening boys!" We both said at the same time. The boys cheered and began asking for drink orders and dancing requests. One of them even turned on the jukebox. The first song he played was an old Southern classic. Boot Scoot Boogie. Clearly, he was a southern boy but the others didn't care. They just wanted to see us dance. Elane and I smiled to each other and stood on the bar where the boys had cleared us a little space.

The song finally ended and Elane and I did our usual tricks. A few bottle twirls in the air, behind the back, under the leg and just all around bar tricks. As more of them began to fill the bar, I only told myself it was going to be just like the other nights. Full of men and women asking for drinks. Thank goodness I don't work in the mornings.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

Rosalind Bloom

Kindly Giver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:18 pm
Daniel nodded at her words and James smiled at Elane. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both but we re-…” James started but then they ran off. He cast a glance over to his friend and Daniel watched where they were going. They were shocked to see them dance on the counters and as much as Daniel wanted to see that, James pulled him away then out the door. He figured with all of them occupied, no one would notice them leaving.

Once outside, they let out a small sigh at the same time. Many people wondered if they were twins. Those who didn’t know who Daniel was that is. But, that was a very rare occurrence. “You fancy her, don’t you?” James asked even though he knew it was true.

Daniel sighed a little then nodded once. “I don’t know what it is about her, James but I want her…” He said, hoping that didn’t sound too creepy. He sighed a bit and James smirked. “Well, we’ll be going there a lot then I take it.” He said laughing a bit then took a few french fries out of his box. “Oh! And their chips are amazing!” He said happily.

They finally made it back to the apartment they now owned. They weren’t renting it out to anyone but instead were using it as a big house. There weren’t many ‘house’ houses around, just flats and apartments. They went up to the kitchen table and took off their disguises then dug into their meals.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:57 pm
The night was long and crazy but nothing Elane and I couldn't handle. After work, her and I headed home to our apartment. Thankfully, we lived right next to each other so it we both had someone to walk home with. But even as we walked, talking about weird customers we had, I still couldn't stop thinking about the euro guy. First thing was for sure. He knew my name but I didn't know his. And another thing. Why couldn't I get him out of my head when I didn't even know him.

"Hello?" Elane began to wave her hand in my face. "Earth to Soph! Come in Soph!" She laughed as I swatted away her hand. "What's up? Did you even hear-" Elane stopped as it became aware what was on my mind. "Oooh, you're still thinking about that guy!"

"What?! I am not." I exclaimed. "I'm just tired."

"Uh huh. Likely story." She was about to ask me more about it or even talk more on the subject but thankfully we had reached my door and I said goodnight to her. As I opened the door, I giant lump of black fur attacked my face. The heavy body nearly knocked me off my feet.

"Ok! Ok!" I laughed as I began to pet my Great Dane. "Easy boy. Sit!" I tried to command but he wouldn't listen. The giant mutt never liked to follow orders. "Alright, Romeo. Get off." I told him but ended up pushing him off instead. The two of us ate our dinners, watched a little TV and headed off to bed.

The next morning, Romeo decided to give me a wake up call. The giant animal lunged his entire body on mine and barked as loudly as I could. "Mo!!!" I began to whine. "I don't remember ordering a wake up call!!!" Romeo nudged my arms and legs and even licked my face until I finally caved. I got up and took a shower before the two of us headed to the park with my guitar.

If it's one thing Romeo loves, it's to go to Central Park. But it's not in a way like the other dogs do. Ever since he was a pup, he always enjoyed my playing and singing along with the other players in the park. Sometimes, if I get there early enough, I start out by playing by myself until I'm joined by others. It wasn't the fact that I needed more money. It was just to make people happy. Most to make Romeo happy since he was the one to drag me out of bed in the first place.

We found our spot in the park completely open and free for us. A few people began to walk by, but it wouldn't be long before a crowd would begin to form. Romeo took off at a run and began scarring off the birds. The small innocent pigeons flew off and Romeo took his place as he waited for me to take mine. I opened my guitar and started playing and singing as Romeo watched the people passing by.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

Rosalind Bloom

Kindly Giver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:43 pm
Daniel and James woke up early the next morning and decided to look around their new home. They left the house after eating a small breakfast and getting dressed. They looked around as they walked down the streets, just paying attention to the different details than what was back in Wales.

They spent about an hour out doing this then decided to go to Central Park. It was one of the most talked about places in New York other than the Statue of Liberty. They were really excited to be here and were finding to be more enjoyable than they had originally thought. Thankfully, they had remembered to put on their disguises once more.

“This place is absolutely amazing…” James said. He of course didn’t usually leave the castle. He only left on trips when Daniel did and Daniel tried to avoid royal business trips. Daniel nodded and said, “It is different than what we’re use to, I admit.” He smiled a little as he noted that not a lot of people were there.

The air was suddenly filled by the sound of guitar. He knew that a lot of people came there to play for money but whoever this was actually sounded as if they had talent. Then the singing started and he could tell it was a girl. James and Daniel traded curious glances then walked towards the sound of the music.

He and James went everywhere together. If there were ever a time that one of them couldn’t go somewhere with the other, the other canceled. They simply didn’t like being apart; they were so much like brothers. It wasn’t a surprise that those who didn’t recognize them thought they were twins.

After a few minutes, both of them laid eyes on Sophie as soon as they neared her. “So it was her…” James said and Daniel blinked. “Strange how we just find her here, isn’t it?” Daniel whispered to him then James nodded and pushed him towards her. He threw a glance back towards him then looked at her. “Erm, hello. Sophie correct?” He asked politely with his Welsh accent heavier than usual. It got like that when he was nervous.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:14 pm
As I continued to play, several people put in a few dollars. It wasn't much but I didn't care. If you could survive playing in Central Park, you could survive anywhere. Though, it wasn't as if I was trying to make it some place. How far would I really get? Either way, I was happy with my bar/restaurant grill, my best friend Elane and Romeo at my side.

It wasn't until nearly an hour and half before Romeo's ears perked up and his attention landed on one person. The same guy from earlier was walking towards me. I finished the song and began to rub it down with the cloth as I normally. With any other dog, they would be barking and growling. Protecting me from any guy. Romeo, on the other hand, was a big softy. The only way he would growl was if someone was pointing a gun at me or something.

"Yeah, that's right. Though I never really caught your name." I smiled and placed the cloth down as I began to play another song. The next song was something not meant for words. It was one of my own songs. "Have a seat." I offered as I gestured to the seat next to me. As the guy did so, Romeo walked over and sat in front of him. Wanting attention, no doubt.

"Don't worry. This is Romeo. Sometimes I call him Mo for short. He won't bite." I said as my fingers unconsciously strummed on the guitar. Another person walked by and placed a five in my guitar case. I nodded a thank you and continued on. "So, Europe guy? You never did tell me your name. Or should I just call you Europe guy from now on?" I joked.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

Rosalind Bloom

Kindly Giver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 pm
Daniel smirked a little at her words then nodded as he sat. “Right.” He said remembering that was true. “You’re really good…” He said then laughed a little. “I better answer your question before I forget again.” He said with another smirk. “My name is Daniel.” He said then tilted his head to the side a bit as the dog came up in front of him.

“Romeo.” He repeated then smiled a bit as he pet him. “We have great Danes back at my home…” He nodded a little then smirked. “And is it that obvious I’m from somewhere in Europe?” He joked with a smirk. “My friend’s name is James.” He added with another small nodd.

He was trying not to be too formal because he didn’t want to act like he had been forced to back home. But, he was finding that old habits really did die hard. He let out a small sigh then asked, “Do you always come out here during the morning?” He knew it was absolutely gorgeous there that time of year and could understand why someone would want to go there a lot.

[Gah, short >.<]

03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces