Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Your thoughts on " Leeching" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leeching.
  Leeching Good?
  Leeching Bad?
View Results

Akiira Silver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:26 pm
So, I recently made a new account in Bera. I walked into the FM ( Free Market) to see at least 5 people jumping around talking about B> Leech or
S> Leech.
I want to know EXACTLY what that is. I know it has something to do with leveling rather quickly but...care to explain.

Also, if you want to add me in Bera, my IGN is: Xzelene  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:48 am
Leech: B> Leech
Person: I'll let you leech
Leech: 'Kay

So the guy buying leech just sits around while in a party with the second guy, who kills monsters and gives the first guy exp. Then, the leech pays up whatever amount, or attempts to run.  

TaerkDS
Captain

Akiira Silver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:20 pm
lol Alright then. I think I get it. So, in a way, it's sort of, good?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:42 am
ll Roze ll
lol Alright then. I think I get it. So, in a way, it's sort of, good?

Different people have different views, some consider it just like hacking, because you get exp for not doing anything, others love it and can't level without it. Though, for Bishops, and Arch Mages, hourly leeches are the greatest course of income, and for attacker classes, big foot leech is great, though sometimes hard to find bfs. Most Leeches are Hourly, you just hang on a rope for an hour and pay the person X mil. however big foot leech is X mil. or X onyx apples per big foot.  

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

SadaKiyo

Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:11 pm
see i hate it xD but i love to get the money for leeching =3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 pm
if u ask me ppl who buy leech are just wasting time and mesos well for the ones that just watch the screen but ya i rather do it all by myself but i sell leech  

98blades

ElectricEdge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:22 pm
I have no problems with people that sell leech, but i don't like the people that buys it and think that they are better than most of the maplers for leveling faster, aside from n00bs I support it =]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:16 pm
i have np with leeching from someone, but i have problems with somebody leeching on me  

unknown hidden leaf ninja

BlackFireEX

Timid Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:14 am
Basically, Leech is like power leveling.
The higher leveled player just kills monsters that the lower leveled player can receive experience from, but not necessarily kill themselves.
The level difference from which you can gain experience between the monster and from yourself is 5.
(So for example, Wind Raiders are level 70, for a player to leech from there, they'd have to be at least level 65)

As Kite has already said, there are positive and negative views on leech.
For myself, it's neutral thoughts. Rather boring but it's a source of income and gives small boosts to the %.
I don't like paid leech, I prefer giving free leech.
It just gives a difference essence.. impov at least (:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:28 am
I don't leech, but I still like leeching because I sell BF leeches. Good moneys biggrin  

Hapurpan

Meianh

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:34 pm
I've never leeched on my main character before, but I have used it to leech my secondary characters when they're in a rut ;D I also love helping out my friends level when I'm bored. But I probably wouldn't consider buying/selling leech. Too cheap? Too lazy? Probably both. And I doubt anyone would want to buy leech from a shadower o3o  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:06 am
i think selling and buying leech is fine... if your selling, i think its one of the benefits of working hard to get a high enough level to give leech(unless you bought a crapload of leech to get where you are today XD). i think that buying leech is kinda weak, but if you can afford it, its probably the fastest leveler  

BaronPlague

snowcones99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:00 am
ill never understand why people think
it hacking >_>
sometimes u just dont feel like grinding xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:10 am
I guess I'm indifferent about it. If people like to leech then they can go ahead. I, personally, like to earn experience by myself. It's a lot more fun than just staring at a screen and letting someone else do all the work for me. The point of playing a game is actually playing.  

Rei Uchikino

Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces