Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Cheese. Come and enjoy. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like cheese?
  GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!
  Nah. Yark.
  Ooh, I like it delicatly fried with Lea+Perrins...
  Um, sort of.
  Have some cheddar pennies (poll whore option)
View Results

Misty_Watersprite

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:17 pm
That's to say, real cheese. This might fit the Yoghurt subforum, seeing as they're very similar, but cheese is a little more solid in general than the flavoured goop. So. Onto the cheese!!

My favourite type is Double Gloucester. Utterly gorgeous and creamy. Red Leicester is pretty good too, but can be a bit sharp for me. Cheddar, too, although I do adore Cheddar. Also Edam (How is Edam made? Backwards) is quite nice. Garlic cheese spread too, but that's...not really cheese. Foreign cheeses can sometime be too strong, and I hate Velveeta knowing that it's hardly a few atoms away from being polyproplyne. I've tried Goat's cheese too - and that had me running around yelling as it felt like a mini cheesy firework in my gob.

Cheddar Gorge!! Lots of caves to walk around while eating cheese. Heaven. And don't forget Cooper's Hill where they race wheels of Double Gloucester down a mountain!!!

So, where'm I going with this? I want to find your opinions on this international, yet quite British food. Do you like cheese? What kind? With what/how? British cheeses? I'd also like to find out how one makes cheese in one's own home, as I have been entertaining daydreams...of a soft, white cheese with lots and lots of nuts inside and out. Anyone know?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:24 pm
All cheese is so bloody good....melted in pasta...or grilled with Worchester Sauce.

//it just tastes so English

Nemithena

Laurel Gand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:46 pm
I love Red Leicester! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:25 pm
Nemithena
All cheese is so bloody good....melted in pasta...or grilled with Worchester Sauce.

//it just tastes so English

Worcestershire sauce...made with anchovies and other heady things...I once met someone who'd never seen this stuff before. She took a whiff out of the bottle, and recoiled; but then she actually downed half a mouthful to try it - I was like, "no no no that's not how you're supposed to use it!!" and she was like "GAAAAAKKKKK!!!!!" so I had to make her cheese on toast to show how how it's properly done.

Cheese on toast = blatantly English!! Add beaten egg and other ingredients to make Welsh Rarebit. Mmmmmmmmmm.................  

Misty_Watersprite

Aged Browser

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:28 pm
South Park!!

Sorry, just realised where I had heard the quote from before.

I like a bit of Orkney Cheddar..ohm so good!

I have to confess I am also quite partial to Brie and Gouda (yes, I know it tastes exactly like feet), giving our european friends a bit of trade there.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:55 am
Nice, STRONG, mature cheeses.

Or smoked on occasions.

Though I am quite partial to Dairylea and Babybel as snacks.

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100

Jaega

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:10 pm
Oh my.

I like Lancashire cheese. And all smoked cheeses, they are very very good. *drools*

I have to protest, though, that I'm not as bad as the boyfriend when it comes to cheese. He will often take a perfectly good pizza and grate a foot-high (ok, not quite) mound of cheddar onto it before baking it. It's absolutely sick-making.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:21 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Invictus_88
Captain

Jaega

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:26 am
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:30 am

Invictus_88
Captain

Misty_Watersprite

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:54 am
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:47 pm
There are currently four types of cheese in my refridgerator. If I had anything to say about it there would be five.  

Angilwingz

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:46 pm
I think theres 5 types in my fridge but 3 of them are probably chedder, though I am trying to remeber this from lunch time. I think we still have some of that nice soft white stuff with the gril twel green twirl.
Philidelphia is nice too.
And chutney, but with chedder or something.

And if your wondering why I left the mistake and striked it out its because I would like to know how I managed to type it like that. On my second attempt so I was thinking about it too. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:28 am
ice_illusion
I think theres 5 types in my fridge but 3 of them are probably chedder, though I am trying to remeber this from lunch time. I think we still have some of that nice soft white stuff with the gril twel green twirl.
Philidelphia is nice too.
And chutney, but with chedder or something.

And if your wondering why I left the mistake and striked it out its because I would like to know how I managed to type it like that. On my second attempt so I was thinking about it too. >.<

Ahhhh, roule! Love the stuff...Then again, anything with garlic tends to get my attention :/  

illyrianth
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:31 am
Ugh...all cheese is the devil. Can't stand the stuff.

Chutney is pretty good then. Try it in a toasted sandwhich with chicken.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff