!~~RESPECT~~! (Mandatory Reading) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:17 am
One of the founding priciples of this guild is to respect one another, and respect differences of opinions. That means that if you disagree with someone on something in regards to say "what is means to be goth" or which band is better than another than you can disagree without attacking one another.
That also means that I don't care if you have "freedom of speech" that still doesn't give you the right to degrad or demean someone else. This is supposed to be a safe haven for people to congregate and share their viewpoints, not a place to attack others. Don't we get enough of that in the outside world?
So this is your reminder that respecting one another is an important part of this guild. I don't want to see people calling one another names, I don't want people tossing around the word posser/possour and pretending that they are better than everyone else, because in the end people are supposed to treat one another as equals overall in this guild.
That also means that if someone is new and just starting to learn things, don't be mean and callous towards them just because they are still learning. EVERYONE goes through a period of time in which they are learning, and just starting out in something. I don't appreciate people being horrid and rude to one another just because they don't know things yet.
I suppose it boils down to this: In the begining people were curtious to one another and reminders like this didn't need to be put in place, but as more members have found there way to this guild, more quarrelling seems to have been instigated over various things. I am asking everyone to please set aside their quarrels and instead return to the spirit of this guild, and to make this a more enjoyable place for everyone.
~lurichan~

[This thread has been made a temporary announcement for somewhere between 24-72 hours from now -Dr_Lecter1988]

Edit lurichan: This is an old thread, but being put up as an annoucement once again due to necessity.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:58 am
Woohoo, I know that wasn't for me because I have been gone for like a month now from the guild. Damn you Halloween how I love yet hate you so.

Kidding aside she is 100% right fokes. Every one is different even in the goth world. An for these difference we do not resort to name calling and other childish things that slowly degrade and dampen the spirits of them, no, instead I say respect them for these reasoned. I do. There are a lot of people in the goth community I would like to go after with a rusty golf club.. but I don't.

Soo.. if you don't like some thing about another person, just ignore them. It takes a bigger man to walk away.  

darkXmoon

Ihiku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:17 pm
Personally, I try and avoid conflict when I can. Yep, Hippy Goth, or whatever. Pacifist goth? GothGhandi? Nevermind, anyway, repsect each other, the rest of humanity blowing the hell out of each other, let's not start here.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:34 pm
I second that.  

Dearest Darling`

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:33 am
Bumping this up because it needs to be read  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gobble gobble gobble.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Ishtar Fay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:40 am
--
Brava. That was needed.
One thing I'd like to prod, Freedom isn't free.
--

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:11 pm
People need to realize that opinons are just that opinions and they shouldn't be taken to the heart as well as the fact that those opinions should be respected. There is no need for such trivial bullshit going on when it comes down to a guild like this. It is meant to be a safe haven not a debate guild. I agree that people should set aside their differences and deal with it via PM rather than to bring the bullshit to the rest of us.  

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:19 am
*brings this back to the front page as a reminder*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:36 am
'Witchcraft' thread=

MiLK`
Swann
I've always been interested in the subject but wicca interests me more. Although I don't know much about either subject I do read up on them once in awhile.

Wicca is for whiney angsty teens who are too scared to practice real Paganism.

It also worries me that this MiLK person is part of a Nazi guild, though I hope that those kind of beliefs and opinions are kept to themselves here.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:34 am
spooky_sez
'Witchcraft' thread=

MiLK`
Swann
I've always been interested in the subject but wicca interests me more. Although I don't know much about either subject I do read up on them once in awhile.

Wicca is for whiney angsty teens who are too scared to practice real Paganism.

It also worries me that this MiLK person is part of a Nazi guild, though I hope that those kind of beliefs and opinions are kept to themselves here.

As long as the tenent of respect is followed, it should be a non-issue. That is actually one of the posts that did prompt this particular topic to be brought back to the front page though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:43 pm
Luri can I please have permission to rip into them for things like that without worrying about having you guys come down on my head. I wanted to ask first thoug hso I didnt get in trouble anyways. sweatdrop  

Antiklion Ingle

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:23 pm
Antiklion Ingle
Luri can I please have permission to rip into them for things like that without worrying about having you guys come down on my head. I wanted to ask first thoug hso I didnt get in trouble anyways. sweatdrop

Sadly I can't give you permission to "rip into them" because that would be considered flaming. If you want to correct people and tell them what is against guild rules, or gaia's rules, then you are more than welcome to do so in a constructive manner, or in a PM if you want to avoid publicly humiliating people.

Also, if you see someone stepping over the line, you can PM me about it, and I'll take matters into my own hands personally to help resolve the issue.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:57 pm
lurichan
Antiklion Ingle

Sadly I can't give you permission to "rip into them" because that would be considered flaming. If you want to correct people and tell them what is against guild rules, or gaia's rules, then you are more than welcome to do so in a constructive manner, or in a PM if you want to avoid publicly humiliating people.

Also, if you see someone stepping over the line, you can PM me about it, and I'll take matters into my own hands personally to help resolve the issue.

Okay, I apoligize for phrasing that wrong I just want to be sure I dont overstep my boundaries. I will remember about PM'ing you as well. I will do my best to remmber that contructive word as well I think that might have been the part I have been forgetting in the past.  

Antiklion Ingle

Muted Faith9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:15 pm
Austin has noticed this a lot as well, he's seen people who join and then an hour later need to be banned, of course in the spirit of second chances(and lack of being a mod*nudge nudge*) Austin spares them his large metal rolly chair. That and he cna't ban them for lack of modliness*more nudging*.
*Walks off singing* "R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me."  
Elite Clubhouse, RP Threads, and Storage

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces