Christianity World Wide Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:11 pm
I was unsure where to put htis, and since we would be using youtube videos I decided here.

I was inspired to make this because soon I am going to Denmark to see a good friend, and he was mentioning how he went to a local church to see the Christening of his niece, and he said when i visit, we can go to his local Presbyterian church (I think it is Presbyterian) And below is a video of a Danish sermon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OBCS-xphlg

Yes, the required uniform is a bit odd, but generally the entire place is a bit odd. Needless to say, that church is mainly elderly.

Here is an example of a common hymn you would find sang with Danish Christians: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfzTSu__ks

Hope this is somewhat interesting, becuase it's interesting to me ><

Have you seen sermons in a country other than your own? Where and what was it like?

Do you have youtube videos to share?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 pm
I attended church services in Canada and Mexico, but that was not really all that different than what we do at home, since the churches I attended were missionary churches of the UPCI. Now that being said, I have attended Chinese, Spanish, and Pueblo Indian services through the UPCI. The languages were a bit different to my ear, and the songs were different, but many of them were the same.  

Atreadia Allaani

ferret658

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:28 am
I heard the Spanish congregation using my church do a revival in our parking lot. I felt like a bad mexican for not understanding what they were saying. But there's no need for comprehending that their congregation and ours is on fire for God. The best thing about it is they're all old people and we're getting ready to a bunch of great stuff in the neighborhood. pray for God's will to be done if you read this. Thanks so much! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 am
ferret658
I heard the Spanish congregation using my church do a revival in our parking lot. I felt like a bad mexican for not understanding what they were saying. But there's no need for comprehending that their congregation and ours is on fire for God. The best thing about it is they're all old people and we're getting ready to a bunch of great stuff in the neighborhood. pray for God's will to be done if you read this. Thanks so much! mrgreen
My Grand mama is probably rolling over in her grave because I am not fluent in Spanish....  

Atreadia Allaani

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:38 pm
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658
My Grand mama is probably rolling over in her grave because I am not fluent in Spanish....

It's never too late to practice or improve...
Y tienes suerte, yo so Espanol con solturay hay muchos 'guilds' en Gaia para ellos que se habla Espanol!
Si necesitas ayuda - me envias un mesanje ^^

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:26 pm
Wow do all u people in the US speak Spanish? In Canada we're English/French but I can't speak enough French to ever get by!  

viper_353

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:55 pm
viper_353
Wow do all u people in the US speak Spanish? In Canada we're English/French but I can't speak enough French to ever get by!

We have loads of immigrants from South America, Central America & Mexico - in my high school 2 years of Spanish was mandatory.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:42 am
This is the right subforum for this thread. 3nodding

I took five years of Spanish, but now, if ever I try to speak it, all that comes out is Japanese, since that was the most recent language I learned. sweatdrop I can read Spanish fluently though, and I could probably write it more easily than attempting to speak it. 3nodding

And speaking of Japanese- I attended a Japanese Catholic service while studying abroad. It was about the coolest thing ever. The mass itself was the same as it is here in the States- all that was different was the language it was conducted in- and of course all the songs were in Japanese. I did my best to follow along with the homily, but my Japanese was still pretty rudimentary at the time. Thankfully the priest spoke English (I think he was actually from somewhere in Latin America originally- so he was trilingual and therefore win), and we had a chat after the service. It was neat. biggrin

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

ferret658

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:55 am
Call Me Apple Juice
Atreadia Allaani
ferret658

It's never too late to practice or improve...
Y tienes suerte, yo so Espanol con solturay hay muchos 'guilds' en Gaia para ellos que se habla Espanol!
Si necesitas ayuda - me envias un mesanje ^^

And I have....suerte....i am spanish....Gaia guilds.....speak Spanish.....If you need help, send me a a message. I got the gost of it!

Um.....Mi pata esta dormido. Y mi cabesa no esta aqui. Donde esta el bano? me gusta mucho....comida. Si.

*maniacal laughter*

Je m'appelle Drea. J'aime fumer, et manger. Je besoin aller dormir.

Yay! Semi fluent in two languages!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:54 am
Watashi wa Dia.... Ogenki desuka?

Uh... yea. I stink at foreign languages. It all depends on whom I am with as to how easy they are to understand in English, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese... Why could I not have been born speaking Russian?  

Atreadia Allaani

MatthewLovesChocolate123

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:17 pm
I go to a non denominational church and we sing all kinds of songs by popular christian artists including third day, casting crowns, newsboys and some other good bands. It doesn't really matter what you wear at my church as long as your there for worshiping God and hearing God's word. I love my church because everyone is like a big friendly family. biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm
two years? That would be fun, but can they make u do that since your country isn't bilingual? Wow, that must be awesome to have so many people who speak the same different language!
Yeah, I'm taking Japanese right now, so If I ever try to speak French I always will mix up the words! It comes out - bonjur je'mappel Jessica desu. Onamae ha? lol. My grandfather came from Italy (and grandma from japan) so my dad's whole familly speaks Italian but he didn't bother teaching us so I can't speak much of it!  

viper_353

Atreadia Allaani

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:56 pm
viper_353
two years? That would be fun, but can they make u do that since your country isn't bilingual? Wow, that must be awesome to have so many people who speak the same different language!
Yeah, I'm taking Japanese right now, so If I ever try to speak French I always will mix up the words! It comes out - bonjur je'mappel Jessica desu. Onamae ha? lol. My grandfather came from Italy (and grandma from japan) so my dad's whole familly speaks Italian but he didn't bother teaching us so I can't speak much of it!
Depending on your school, taking foreign languages can either be compulsory (like it was with me) or elective. Either way, I believe that we as human beings should try to learn a foreign language.

I attend as many church services I can that are not in my language so that I can learn something new. Of course, if you don't know the language, it helps to have someone with you who does. Most of the time I take my multilingual friend (she speaks 5 languages) with me... Even though she is not Christian, she likes to attend my denom.'s style of church services. Her husband likes to tag along, as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:34 am
That's pretty cool. Maybe her and her husband will finally decide to give their lives to Jesus!  

ferret658

Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces