Which One of the Beatles is your idol if you have one? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sazzie Lotus Song

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:04 pm
My idol of the Beatles is John Lennon.
He wrote so many songs with Paul and sometimes a few other band members such as "Imagine," and "Can't Buy Me Love."
There are so many songs that he wrote that were so inspirational to me. I listened to the Beatles for as long as I have lived. I grew up listening to the Beatles and reading books on the history of the band, and I even read into John Lennon's history.
Lennon wanted change in this world. He wanted this world to be greener, and more peaceful, which is why he became a hippie in his history of his life. (Which is one of the main reasons why I am a hippie.)
Lennon believed in love and that all you really needed was love. I believe that, too. I also believe that this world should be a peaceful place to live in. I honestly don't like money because I honestly just believe that it just drives people to greed. I mean, why can't we just trade? Trade a piece of clothing for a few jars of peaches? I don't need money to live...all I really need is the love of my life.
Lennon taught me so much: to believe in love, happiness, faith, and how to imagine...and how even dreaming can take you far in life to accomplish what you really want in life. He taught me how to believe in myself and how to believe in peace and buddism. (I converted to buddism a little while ago.) He made my life revolve around music, which is why my interests are singing and playing guitar.
The stuff that Lennon wrote was so true and honest, and you can literally hear the heartbreak in his voice from his heart when you really listen to his music speaking to you.
That is why John Lennon is my idol.
Peace and Love,
Sazzie heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:31 am
John Lennon  

I_luv_Beatles

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:16 pm
I don't consider any of them my idol, but the greatest part of my admiration, out of the four, goes to George Harrison. For lots of reasons. I look up to him so much.

A lot of people would say John, but I feel like he did a lot more with his life that makes me lose some respect for him. I know he did a lot of great things, but stuff like the way he treated his first wife, and how little he saw his first son - however sorry he may have been about those things - and a lot of other stuff, well...harder for me to idolize someone like that, though I know he was fixing things later in his life.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:08 pm
Okay, I feel kind of stupid for saying it now, but I will anyway.
John Lennon.

I know he made some bad decisions in his life, but as a musician, he is a hero of mine. When I think about the affair he had with Yoko, my respect for him does sometimes slip, but he's a human being. And human beings make mistakes. People sympathize with Cynthia, yet, she was engaged to someone else when she got together with John- so she cheated, too. I'm not saying that justifies it, but she wasn't perfect, either. About Julian: even Cynthia herself said (in an interview) that she felt like John was mending his relationship with him, but the bullet cut things short. Another factor I think about is how his father left his mother... and it makes me wonder if that contributed to his failed marriage at all.

I listen to his songs and I feel so connected to him. I think he had a lot of love to give but kind of lost himself along the way. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but I always feel the need to defend him because his words and lyrics are so close to my heart.

[Your Worst Nightmare]

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 pm
I'm not saying it's wrong for anyone to have a huge amount of admiration for John. I certainly do. If anything, I identify with him a LOT more than I do with any of the others. And they were all human. I just look up to George a little bit more for personal reasons. =)

Saying George is more of a hero to me that John does not mean that I feel disrespect or indifference to John...he and his music are extremely important to me too.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 am
Oh, okay.
Sorry for the misunderstanding ^^

[Your Worst Nightmare]

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:08 pm
Hands down, my biggest inspiration is Geroge.
I think one of the reasons I like him so much is he's often over-looked; "the quiet one". But he's so talented! I like his solo stuff more than that of any of the other Beatles. I look up to him spiritually; I think he had a lot of good ideas. And he was really into Monty Python, like me! Haha.
No, I just generally identify with him. He was a great guy.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:07 pm
Get that hippie off the stage!

Just kidding, amigo. John Lennon would be my favorite Beatle as well.  

Mr Jawes

Sheepcorn

Beloved Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:28 pm
John amazes me of the way he wanted peace.
I have a peace button from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that is green and says;
Give Peace a Chance. ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:15 pm
Paul Mcartney, all the way. well first of all I admire him for sticking out as long as he could not turning to drugs, but oh well not everyones perfect. "he only did acid 4 times". and not only was he great in the beatles but had a couple of single hits like "yesterday" and "blackbird". My beatles obbsession buddy is closely related to him. And I love the way he's always smiling!!!!! LONG LIVE PAUL!!! heart heart heart heart oh but john just cracks me up. 3nodding  

Nowhere Girl909

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

emo science geek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:45 pm
JOHN LENNON  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:47 pm
John Lennon  

ma01

crazyrandomthing5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:55 am
John Lennon heart heart heart blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:12 am
Ringo Starr 4laugh 4laugh  

Surgical_Love

ozrocks_ILE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:58 am
id say Ringo. i kno that sounds weird, but its true. i love how, even tho hes not the most talented, he TRIES. ill hand that to him. also, i love how modest he is. most people, if they had had his job would be entirely stuck up. its amazing! hes a great guy!  
The Beatles

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff