Reply Music - Related Topics
A list of some goth bands. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:02 am
It seems this is kind of neccessary, since a significant portion of you don't seem to know what goth is.
So, I dip into my goth folder to list off the bands I have listed there. Obviously not all there is in goth music, but these are the ones I have, ranging from batcave to deathrock to darkwave to psychobilly.

-45 Grave
-A Spectre Is Haunting Europe
-Abney Park(questionable, as they draw more heavily on light industrial influences than on post punk)
-Alien Sex Fiend
-All Gone Dead
-Ausgang
-Bauhaus
-Bella Morte
-Bloody Dead and Sexy
-Bone Orchard
-Brendan Perry(of dead can dance, his solo work has a very calm, folk music like delivery to it with a decidedly celtic edge, very interesting)
-Christian Death
-Cinema Strange
-Clan of Xymox(questionable for the same reasons Abney Park is, though their music definitely holds a major darkwave influence and also some influence from the cure)
-Corpus Delicti
-Cult Of The Psychic Fetus
-Danse Society
-Dead Can Dance
-Depeche Mode
-Eat Your Makeup
-Echo And The Bunnymen
-Faun
-Fields Of The Nephilim
-Funeral Crashers
-Ghost Dance
-Ikon
-Inkubus Sukkubus
-Joy Division
-Lisa Gerrard(of dead can dance, her solo work has a very opera bent to it, not my thing for the most part)
-Lords of The New Church
-Love and Rockets
-Mephisto Waltz
-Nekromantix
-Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
-Nosferatu
-Recoil(very experimental, meandering darkwave)
-Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
-Rosetta Stone
-Samhain
-Scarlet's Remains
-Sex Gang Children
-Shadow Project
-Siouxsie And The Banshees
-Sisters Of Mercy
-Skeletal Family
-Soft Cell
-Sonica
-Specimen
-The Birthday Party
-The Bolshoi
-The Brides
-The Cramps
-The Creatures
-The Empire Hideous
-The Horrorpops
-The Matadors
-The Shroud
-Tones On Tail
-Tragic Black
-TSOL
-UK Decay
-Vampire Beach Babes
-Virgin Prunes
-VooDoo Church

If you haven't heard any of these, go check them out. Most of them have something or another on Youtube.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 am
The Cure isn't included? I..I think i might just go cry.
xD jk, jk.

This is an amazing list! Thank you so much, there's a lot of bands I've never came across before.  

SADERR

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:29 am
Ahem.
(Not a perfect list, but a good introduction, one that's also a sticky. Though I will admit some of the points are missing.)

This forum is not solely for goth music. This section of the guild is for goths to discuss their favorite music in general, which seems to lead many of the more elitist goths here to believe that none of the members here do know what goth music is(though I'll be the first to admit, many here don't).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:14 pm
Jonathonn
The Cure isn't included? I..I think i might just go cry.
xD jk, jk.

This is an amazing list! Thank you so much, there's a lot of bands I've never came across before.

I actually really dislike the cure. I find their music closer to emo than anything else, and even if they're considered a goth band, I don't like them XD.  

Draco Vampir

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:49 pm
Infection XIII

This forum is not solely for goth music. This section of the guild is for goths to discuss their favorite music in general, which seems to lead many of the more elitist goths here to believe that none of the members here do know what goth music is(though I'll be the first to admit, many here don't).
Yah, you can talk about Jimi Hendrix and Aerosmith on here if you want, they don't have to be goth to have a thread here.

On the topic of people who don't know what goth music is: If you look in the thread for new members, you'll see a scary number of people who say "i like Slipknot nd MCR, lol i'm goth!!" *face palm*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:21 pm
XWraith_LordX
On the topic of people who don't know what goth music is: If you look in the thread for new members, you'll see a scary number of people who say "i like Slipknot nd MCR, lol i'm goth!!" *face palm*
People like that make my p***s bleed for all the wrong reasons.

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:03 pm
"O HAI THARE p***s, Y R U ******** HOT TOPIC POSERS!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:58 pm
Just because a band is given a thread doesn't necessarily mean that the poster thinks the band in question is goth. Hell, I've thought of making threads for Tom Waits and Kiss the a**s of a Black Cat.

EDIT: About the Horrorpops, though, they always seemed more psychobilly than anything else.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:08 pm
You forgot:

Tiny Tim
The Strokes
Modest Mouse
Nine Inch Nails  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:44 pm
because none of them are goth.

Nine inch nails is a maybe, but leaning more towards older industrial rock(in the same vein as ministry), tiny tim is just joke music(at least i hope nobody ever took it hilariously because it's bloody funny), the strokes are grunge indie rock with some slight postpunk influence, and modest mouse is typical emo rock.  

Draco Vampir

Xahmen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:43 pm
Draco Vampir

Nine inch nails is a maybe, but leaning more towards older industrial rock(in the same vein as ministry), tiny tim is just joke music(at least i hope nobody ever took it hilariously because it's bloody funny), the strokes are grunge indie rock with some slight postpunk influence, and modest mouse is typical emo rock.

Did you just say that Modest Mouse is Emo Rock?

Congrats, you're musically retarded.

Tiny Tim may have done some weird songs, but the guy was a performer, and could sing incredibly well.

The Strokes are neither Grunge, nor Indie, nor Postpunk, they're pure Rock and Roll (remember when that existed?) and if they had to be shoved into a label they'd be "Garage Rock".

And NIN IS old Industrial, which is basically what Goth music WAS back then, and his new stuff is Dark Industrial, which sounds like a good way to say "Not-p***y-Goth".

I was informed that would probably cause a s**t-storm.
You people are so finnicky with your music.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:39 am
Ythan Il
Draco Vampir

Did you just say that Modest Mouse is Emo Rock?

Congrats, you're musically retarded.

Tiny Tim may have done some weird songs, but the guy was a performer, and could sing incredibly well.

The Strokes are neither Grunge, nor Indie, nor Postpunk, they're pure Rock and Roll (remember when that existed?) and if they had to be shoved into a label they'd be "Garage Rock".

And NIN IS old Industrial, which is basically what Goth music WAS back then, and his new stuff is Dark Industrial, which sounds like a good way to say "Not-p***y-Goth".

I was informed that would probably cause a s**t-storm.
You people are so finnicky with your music.

The Music Forum is worse. The message you just crossed-out would invoke more mentions of Throbbing Gristle, 23 Skidoo, and SPK than your browser could handle.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:22 am
Wait, hold on, when the hell was goth music industrial?
Did I miss a decade or something?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:53 pm
Ohi there.
my favorite vampire is again showing off with his knowledge making friend online when he needs to be out killing people because he needs to get something to eat. shoo you pest shoo!

copy pasting is maybe the lowest thing you can do, I usually write things from my head but wth why did you again open a post like this?

BTW if your going on ou-my-goth scheme in music, why the hell you has that avatar that clearly looks like post-industrial-ebm scheme?

@Infection XIII
I agree on this thing. Industrial is a part for himself.
and BTW when is Nine Inch Nails industrial? Didnt you heard something called *brain fart* Alternative? Yes, thats a STYLE-OF-MUSIC believe it or not. if you can have pop-this-pop-that than you can have ALTERNATIVE as a style. dont facepalm me, go wiki it.

Alternative is a band with a sound that was different in the beginning of it, and that has the same scheme now. NiN has a lot of albums, 7-8 I think, and the sound on avery album is different. (If you dont know that you need to be ashamed). Also as Marilyn Manson (facepalm again, ok facepalm yourself go on) that is the perfect example of an alternative artists. They have a lot of good albums but they also have a lot of sell-out sounds. (And I cant say NiN is a sell out bcs I really didnt like only Whith Teeth album, that was too-mainstream for me).

/rambling  

Nik Ballion

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas