Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
General Chit-Chat Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:08 am
Well, we have our more specific threads but we don't have any general ones to just talk about whatever. so this is a whatever thread. it can be weight related or not, its just for us to get to know each other better, form friendships, etc. so talk away biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:11 am
general tiredness is such a pain in the a** when first starting to increase exercise level. i know eventually it will provide more energy and whatnot but at times it seems like one more thing to fit into the day. i mean, i love working out. but sometimes. just frustrating  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:59 pm
School putting realy pressure on use for university choices. Lots of work has to go into applying alone for Oxbridge (Oxford/ Cambridge), let alone having a good chance of being offered a place. >_<  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:15 pm
yesh, applying for university is such a pain. all the hoops you have to jump through in order to receive an education. crazy stressed  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:56 pm
I know, plus the fees are sky-rocketting. *Goes on whole millenuim dome etc rant involving government wasting millions*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:39 pm
but then when you are there it seems better. minus the incredible amount of time it takes.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:22 pm
Yra. I'm hoping to enjoy uni. How bad can it be, making new friends and only studying your favourite subject? whee

This morning in assembly some Welsh folk rock was played. It made me feel really happy. ^_^ And karate was really fun, despite me being on my heaviest period day. (>_<). I was complemented on my throws and break falls (ie, how I throw people and how I fall down). ^-^; It's good to know how to fall down without breaking your neck. o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:47 pm
College is some pretty good years of your life. Live it to your fullest. Take advantage of the resources they offer.

I'm just in a community college now- although it's... not a university, it's one of the best community colleges in the nation. But I am really gonna transfer to UNC Charlotte hopefully this year.

I've been sooo disorganized this week. my room is a mess. it's so embarassing. Eastern philosophy says that physical dicipline is the prerequisite to spiritual/mental dicipline. Oh, how right they are!

I can't even look at my calender on my drawing table because it's got junk all over. and that calender is where I plan my schoolwork at! I MUST pick up my room! @_@  

Grip of Death
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:08 am
I'm tired. Blargh. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:28 pm
Fuzzay~ me too!

i'm so sick of homework, i have like no freetime it seems.

i'm kind of irritated with myself for not having enough time to be online cuz this is my guild. i'd like to finish the vitamins up soon but have just been so damn busy. im gonna do some quick fishing and then if i get done with enough homework perhaps i will be able to finish some vitamins.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:08 pm
I feel the same about homework. >_<

xd We are currently studying vitamins and dietry nutrition in Biology.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:32 pm
thats a plus. i've studied vitamins a lot. we had to study them in biochemistry as well. which was not so much fun as we had to learn all the different chemical structures.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:45 pm
We're doing the whole chemical structure thing for carbohydrates, at the moment. xp Not fun.

I nearly fell asleep in biology and chemistry today, the latter especially (and hour of each one after the other is not so good). ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:32 pm
I'm just in a general biology class for non-science majors, so we just brushed over about simple chemistry concepts, the organic compounds (carbs, lipids, proteins, nucleaic acids), cells, and enzymes so far. We have discovered that vitamins and minerals are important and all, but we don't go into detail about their chemical make up or anything.

Oh, and I made the highest grade for my first biology test- a 96. I missed only one question.

I love how biology is really compatible with learning about health, nutrition, and fitness. Knowing what goes on with the cell processes can be motivating for you to, for example, drink enough water each day.  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:45 am
yep. but you get kind of sick of cell functions after 2 years of it. lol. for example, my physiology class got annoying after awhile. and now i am in pathophysiology and it is a super interesting, we are working on solutes right now, but a lot of it is the same old physiology over again before we talk about the pathophysiology.

but i agree it is quite motivating to get the right nutrients in your life and such. i prefer biology to chemistry. bleh. especially organic and biochemistry. such a pain.

i like to whine but i wouldn't change my major for the world. i love health-related stuff soooooo much. i'm fascinated. how can you not be fascinated with the human body at some level?  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games