Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
Committee Sign Up- Join a Committee Today! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valiae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:01 pm
If you'd like to join or lead a committee, sign up in this thread by filling out and posting the application form for the top three positions you'd like. Replace the X's with your answers to the questions.

[align=center][b][size=18]I want to be on a committee![/size][/b][/align]
[b]Committee Name:[/b] XXXXX
[b]List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference):[/b] XXXXX
[b]Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples):[/b] XXXXX
[b]What skills can you bring to this committee?:[/b] XXXXX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:02 pm
List of Committees that are accepting members: Coming soon.

Plot:

Captain: Queen of Nowhere
Captain: Lady Angelisha
Coordinator: panda21
Coordinator: sup3rnovas
Coordinator: Lectern
Coordinator: Kala Kirya

Fundraising:

Captain: jessieomer
Captain: Sheriff Dustin
Coordinator: Psycho Sabs
Coordinator: hellogoodbyetoday
Coordinator (x2): Open

Art:

Captain: broken_bleeding_angel
Captain: Kala Kirya
Coordinator: Lady Elmira
Coordinator: xTwilightTulip
Coordinator (x2): Open

Advertising:

Captain: xtrueblissx
Captain: Open
Coordinator (x4): Open

Contests:

Coordinator (x4): Open  

Valiae

Valiae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 pm
Reserved.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:46 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

I want to be on a committee!

Committee Name: Plot or Advertising
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): Leader of Plot, Leader of Advertising, Anything else you need me to be!
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): In the plot department I have been role playing for many, many years. I am an rp nerd through and through. I love coming up with ideas and storylines that will give a thread life and entertain it's occupants. In advertising I have less experience, but I have made a few banners for guilds and a few invitations for events and Gaia Weddings, and so would be able to set up a few threads. I have run a contest in the Dressing Room where I had to manage money and make sure prizes were awarded.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: For plot I am decent at storytelling, and keeping things neat. I am also a good listener, were I to be appointed leader, so I would be sure that everyone who wanted a say in our plot had one. I have ideas that come to me in the middle of the night that I'm not afraid to voice, so I'm always spewing ideas and pulling them together into a coherent though. For advertising I can do a few basic banners, and I am generally good with interacting with the public.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 am

Committee Name: Art, Plot
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): I am happy with anything.
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples):I have been Rping for many years now and have created successful clubs on other sites(Thinking of starting one here). And for art I have been doing longer. I have my own store and have made layouts for people(here and on other sites)
What skills can you bring to this committee?: The skills I have to bring to the committee are patience, organizing, the will to make this ball happen, and ideas.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:36 pm
Quick question: Are the committees the rooms and stuff?

xTwilightTulip

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:19 am

Committee Name: Plot
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): Um... Anything?
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): Yup, I have been roleplaying for many years on many different websites. I also do a bit of writing or simply brainstorming in my free time. I didn't participate in the committees last year, but I was a roleplayer in The Witches Tower.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: I love writing, so it will be something I can work with hours on end. I am pretty diverse with plotlines and genres. Umm, I am good at connecting things together and would love to contribute anyway I can.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:12 pm

Committee Name: Plot
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): Anything is fine, but preferably something minor.
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): Yes, of course! I love to roleplay, and have been doing it on this site and another. I was top in my English class and in my grade, does that count? Well, I've written all kinds of stories in my free time, ever since I was in grade two or three, and I still do.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: I'm good with logic, so if something doesn't work out, I'll get going on trying to find some way to tie things together in a believable way. I also make it a priority to keep things fresh and interesting as much as possible, and I am usually quite creative.  

Crystalloid
Crew

Timid Explorer

TemporalMeteor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Committee Name: fundraising
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): "Special" Help
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): a few lottos
What skills can you bring to this committee?: my dashing good looks and the ability to say "where are my pants" in spanish  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Committee Name: Plot, Art
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): Whatever I'm needed to do. Just tell me where you want me. ^_^ I would be interested in leading Plot.
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): Yes, I have a lot of experience in both writing and art. In the Plot category, I am an avid RPer and have been for years. On top of that, I'm a writer. I have one completed book, and several in the works, and as well, I'm an English Major. I like to think I'm qualified. ^_^ And as for Art, I've been drawing since I was born. I'm better with words, but I love art. You can check out my deviantArt if you want, it's http://thekweebird.deviantart.com/ . Take a look in my gallery, I think all my new stuff is photography. I have some writing there as well, if you're interested, although I don't know if it's any of my good stuff...
What skills can you bring to this committee?: I'm very good with coming up for ideas and streamlining them so good ideas (whether mine or other peoples) work together. Kind of a must for a writer! smile I'm also really good at working with people and helping other people work together without killing each other. Otherwise known as mediating. I've also been known to do editing work, but it's not my forte.

Thanks! I hope we can have fun working together in the future!  

Kala Kirya
Crew

3,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

jessieomer

Generous Entrepreneur

11,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Committee Name: Fundraising, Artt
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): Whatever they want me to do.
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): I have a lot of experience in drawing. I cannot give you tons of samples but I can give some of what I do. I have my deviantart which is jessieomer, and regarding Fundraising. If it is a shop or whatnot I own plenty of shops, somewhat profitable and I have tons of expereince. I own Sketch Kitties, Grimm's Hatchery, and plenty of old but now closed businesses.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: In the area of art I am not the greatest but I can do things with gusto and try and do my best. I am very willing to do plenty of other things. In regards to Fundraising I can help with the management of the shop along with helping come up with ideas for what exactly can be used. I live in the pixel art forum so I know somewhat of what sells.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:38 pm

Committee Name: Fund raising,plot, advertising
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): a lead
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): Yes I was leading the fund raising committee for the 7th annual ball.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: previous experience, learning from past mistakes, fresh ideas, and organization.  

Slytherin Lord
Crew

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Committee Name: plot, fundraising
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): i'm willing to help where i'm needed
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): for plot -- i was a roleplayer in The Witches Tower, and I've roleplayed outside of Gaia for many years; for fundraising -- no online experience with this. sweatdrop If I end up on the fundraising committee i'm perfectly willing to do grunt work ^-^
What skills can you bring to this committee?: plot committee: i'm creative and a good writer, and i'm willing to bring fresh ideas to the plot; fundraising committee: i'll help moderate any contests or threads the funraising leader comes up with  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Committee Name: Art, Plot
List the top three positions you would like (in order of preference): Seeing as I don't even entirely know what all the positions are, I suppose I'll be fine with just about anything. o3o;
Have you had any experience in this area before? (List specific examples): I draw all the time, have had various shoppes and just doodle all over the place. During the seventh ball the owner of the room I joined ended up not being able to do the room anymore, so me and a few others helped out with the moderators and moved the plot along. We didn't particularly make anything up so much as go along the lines of what they gave us, though.
What skills can you bring to this committee?: I'm confident in my artistic abilities and I'd like to think I'm a decent writer as well.

xTwilightTulip

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas