Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Recycle Bin
2nd Stage of Theme Selection Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valiae

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:30 pm
Okay, the first stage of voting has officially closed. Here are the results, from most votes to least votes. These are the themes that have continued on to this round.

Labrynth
Mythology
Around the World in 80 days
Carnival
Steampunk
Celebrations

For the second stage, I'd like you all to pick your favorite 3 out of these 6 themes and rate those 3 on a scale from 0 to 5. 0 is the lowest possible score that means that you don't like the theme at all. 5 is the highest possible score, and means that you definitely want the theme to be selected and implemented for this ball. You can use any decimals or fractions in between the numbers if you wish. Once all of the votes are in, each theme's ratings will be added together, and whichever has the highest rating will become the theme of the 8th annual ball.

I chose to use this method of theme selection (which was suggested by Angelishia) so that we could find a theme that everyone is somewhat interested in. It may not be the first choice for everyone, but it will still be a theme that the community as a whole is happy to have as the official theme for the 8th Annual Ball. This will be the final theme selection stage unless there is a tie, in which case the tie will be broken by a vote. This stage will end in a week on August 16th.

**I'd like to ask you all to rate once and not edit your ratings afterwards. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:32 pm
Mythology- 4.5
Celebrations- 4
Around the world in 80 days- 4  

Valiae

Lady Elmira
Crew

Dapper Informer

7,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:00 pm
Around the World in 80 days -5
Carnival-4
Steampunk-5  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:11 pm
>>I hate the way you talk to me,
and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car,
I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big dumb combat boots
and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick,
it even makes me rhyme.<<
Mythology- 4
Around the World in 80 Days- 4.5
Labyrinth- 3
>>I hate the way you're always right,
I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh,
even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around,
and the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you,
not even close,
not even a little bit
not even at all.<<

Psycho Sabs
Vice Captain

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Lectern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:56 pm
Labrynth 4.5
Steampunk 4
Celebrations 5  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:39 pm
Mythology- 4
Labyrinth- 4
Celebrations- 3.5

Crystalloid
Crew

Timid Explorer

xTwilightTulip

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:47 pm
1. Steampunk - 5
2. Carnival - 4
3. Labrynth - 2.5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:18 pm
Labyrinth: 5
Mythology: 4.5
Around the World in 80 Days: 4  

Kala Kirya
Crew

3,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:20 pm
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Celebrations - 5
Mythology - 4.5
Carnival - 4

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:42 am
steampunk 5
labrynth 1
mythology 1  

TemporalMeteor

stupidpsycho
Crew

Dapper Elder

28,475 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 am
lol i kinda think the scale thing is pretty pointless >_> if ya didnt like the theme at all it shouldnt be be among you 3 that you choose as your favorite(or they would probly just drop it completely). i think its probly easier to just ask what you 1st,2nd,and 3rd choice is. ya have a clear cut answer rather than some rather random numbers. its a bad idea to base on scales since people scale things differently. i myself tend to be indifferent to almost everything and stay relatively close to the middle so it'd be 3.0, 3.2 or 2.9. while if someone were to ask my 1st, 2nd, 3rd choices it would be a more direct answer 1,2 and 3.

point is a 3.3 on a scale of 1-5 to some could be a 5 to others. i dont think ya should really determine the score for the theme based on a scale. >_>

scales also sometimes show extreme bias' for or against a theme. as how some people only like a particular theme and is dead set on it. while other people may like it a bit but not to the same extreme but still like it more then the others. should that extreme scale vote weigh more heavily than the normal vote? cuz then 1 or 2 extreme biased votes could out weigh several normal votes.

i just dont see the point in using a scale. sweatdrop kinda concerned bout how ya gonna use the scaled votes to determine a winning theme. if someone can explain to me a few benefits of using a scale that'd be nice.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:24 am
Labyrinth
Around the world (in 80 days)
Carnival

All with a relative rating of four (4).  

turn right

Loiterer

Valiae

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:26 am
The main reason for using the scale is to determine a theme that everyone is somewhat happy with. Even people who gave the winning theme a 1 or a 2 had shown that they supported it to some extent, or it wouldn't be on their top 3 list at all. This way, you get to put your opinion in on more than one theme- which wouldn't be possible if there was a vote- and show that you like the theme to some extent. This will prevent us from choosing a theme that some people really love, and others absolutely hate. Instead, it will portray a common interest, which most people won't regard with the extremes of love or hate, but they will accept as the theme and be willing to work on it together.
Hope that clears up some of my reasoning for ya.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 am
Mythology - 5

Steampunk - 4.5

Labrynth - 3.8  

Shinronkun

3,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Princess Angelishia
Crew

Moon Priestess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

||My suggestion had originally been ranking them 1-x as you said, but Val modified it a bit, I guess. I think either way is sufficient. ^^ As long as the method conveys what theme a person prefers and what themes a person does not prefer, then I think we'll be fine.||

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas