Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sin City Streets

Back to Guilds

An adult-oriented (18+) environment set in the trendy heart of "Sin City" Las Vegas!!! 

Tags: 18 and Over, Adult, Las Vegas, Party, Games 

Reply === The Strip ===
WoOoOo HoRRoR? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the current Horror Movies
  some
  YES
  HECKZ NOZ
  meh, it's just a movie
  IDK & IDC
View Results

Nephillium

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:52 pm
Ok, told the Prez I would do this, and I honestly want to know if anyone agrees with my views?
WHAT HAPPENED TO HORROR MOVIES?!?

They used to be awesome, full of suspense, mystery, thrills, and scaryness, but now......NADA
User Image
admit it, Jack Nickolson pwns compared too....
User Image
a cannibalistic viking wannabe from Tooth and Nail

[for those who don't know!]

The first IMG is to The Shining, a horror based off of a Stephan King book, the original version! Basically a writer choses to live in a hotel with a history up in Maine, and due to the seclusion (he lives with only his wife and son) goes insane
The second IMG is from the 8 films to die for (from boredum, they forgot to add that lolz) Tooth and Nail, basically the world ended with the loss of gasoline? Yeah, so people survive without gas (OMG) and cross paths with cannibalistic viking wannabes (scary?)
Discussion!!!!

My view, what happened, they used to be awesome, now finding one that scares the jeebus outta me is harder then becoming a heart surgeon with no hands eek I will honestly admit, there are those who do still create fear through Hollywood, but it's few and far between crying
What about you?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:04 pm
I agree totally. The movies that come out of Hollywood are....well...CRAP! One of my all time favorites is the original "Night of the living Dead" by George Romero. Yeah it's old and the special effects are very dated, but for it's time it was very scary. They are re-making "A Nightmare on Elm Street". How could they? How dare they? Robert Englund IS Freddy Krueger. They are not gonna use him in the new one.... UGH!  

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

PGSM Queen Beryl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:32 pm
The new ones are pretty lame...i do like some, but the classics are better whee  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:45 pm
new horror movies are marketed to younger age I hate all the pg13 horror movies that have come out in the last 3 yrs its all about money I think  

l Sailor Cancer l

Nephillium

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:47 pm
Evil Lady Lystra
I agree totally. The movies that come out of Hollywood are....well...CRAP! One of my all time favorites is the original "Night of the living Dead" by George Romero. Yeah it's old and the special effects are very dated, but for it's time it was very scary. They are re-making "A Nightmare on Elm Street". How could they? How dare they? Robert Englund IS Freddy Krueger. They are not gonna use him in the new one.... UGH!

Wait...THEY'RE CHANGING FREDDY......BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!
And I love most of the stuff Romero does :3 especially the older ones :3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 pm
Haruka_10oh
new horror movies are marketed to younger age I hate all the pg13 horror movies that have come out in the last 3 yrs its all about money I think

Lolz, true, maybe if they dropped the bad sex scenes for twists and turns of doom o.o  

Nephillium

PGSM Queen Beryl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 pm
Nephillium
Haruka_10oh

Lolz, true, maybe if they dropped the bad sex scenes for twists and turns of doom o.o

I hate the sex scenes! they make me want to go into the movie and kill them myself. gonk

And i agree, more doom and twists!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:15 am
Nephillium
Evil Lady Lystra

*sigh* yeah. Changing Freddy. Haruka is right. I believe it's all about the money. The remake of Friday the 13th stunk. The older one was much better  

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Nephillium

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:46 pm
Evil Lady Lystra
Nephillium
Evil Lady Lystra

*sigh* yeah. Changing Freddy. Haruka is right. I believe it's all about the money. The remake of Friday the 13th stunk. The older one was much better

O.O noes, and I never saw the new FT13, don't want to really...but at the same time, I wanna see if they ruined Jason...<3 Vorghees  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:39 am
I think that Hollywierd ran out of originality and is just out for the big bucks. The last decent horror type movies I truly enjoyed was Silent Hill and 28 days later...  

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

PGSM Queen Beryl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:24 am
Evil Lady Lystra
I think that Hollywierd ran out of originality and is just out for the big bucks. The last decent horror type movies I truly enjoyed was Silent Hill and 28 days later...

i loved 28 days later xp well not the first part with that guy in the hospital being naked... burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:47 am
The nudity could have been left out, but I am partial to zombie flicks xp  

The Memory of Lystra

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

PGSM Queen Beryl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 pm
Yeah! zombies are the best! whee heart so are psyco killers 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm
YAY ZOMBIES, actually most of the zombie movies are decent, though it does make me wanna go in there and slap the idiot who screams at everything o.0  

Nephillium

PGSM Queen Beryl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:43 pm
yeah @@" really anoying gonk  
=== The Strip ===

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items