Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
What other subcultures do you get along with best & worst? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SADERR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:23 am
I mean, most humans manage to get along. And you see alot of goths hanging around together, usually. But what others do you flock well with?
And who do you not flock so well with? Naturally, we are all individuals, but some groups of people just seem to click much easier.

For Moi:
Those who like me
Anime FreaksI'm not that big into anime. I like some shows, but I don't cover my walls in pictures and etc. But they tend to like me, I tend to like them, It's all good.
PunksThey like that I can mosh, that I hate the government, and that I have a creative vocabulary when it comes to hating the corporate greed that consumes today's population.
HipHop Not gangsters. Oldschool fans of hiphop who still live today, usually get along amazing with me. As a graffiti writer myself, I tend to get along with them fairy well, I mean, if i want to go hit up a freight I need to tolerate them atleast.
Preppy Girls Only the girls, not the guys. They think I'm cute in a wierd way, and I can help then with all their problems by giving them common sense, rational explanations of things.

Those who don't like me:
Jocks I like sports. I enjoy shooting hoops in friends backyards, kicking around a ball. I've never been very good though, and they're never happy to have me in P.E.
Preppy Guys They don't like that preppy girls are friends (only friends, mind you) with me. And they think my dressing is atrocious
Emo&Scene They're usually quite immature and uninformed. I am naturally a magnet for people with problems, so I have had plenty of emo friends, but it never lasts long. They tend to be very superficial.
SkatersNow, I get along with the punk skaters, the gangster skaters, and the awesome ones who look like lumberjacks. But it's the west49-clad, shaggy haired (I'm not one to talk, I own some w49 stuff) but most of them have this dont-give-two-shits attitude that makes me want to fight them, and I'm usually a calm person.
GangstersI hung out with alot of them before. Tons. I get along with the ones I've known since I was a little wannabe punk when I was 8 years old, and the ones from my elementary school love me, but these gangsters you meet wherever else, they hate my guts. For no reason. And then when I tell them I like rap, and proceed to telling them what artists when they're interested, they hate it. I mean, I listen to older stuff. Gang Starr, Hilltop Hoods, Company Flow, Tonedeff. Independant artists and old stuff. Because i don't like Soulja Boy and 50 Cent, and all that other commercial trash about whores,guns, and money, my rap sucks.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:53 am
For me, basically.... I can get along nicely with the more decent preppy girls, it is usually the sluts that I do not do well with. I do great with ((not racist, however, there are differences in culture)) african american people. I have alot of friends who are black, they are usually very sweet, nice, religious, accepting, conservative in beliefs, and not as formal as alot of white people seem to be... also, they don't get offended when I call everyone "sweetie, honey, darling, dear, dude" and so on. One of my friends is super ghetto, he is super nice however ^^ once in art class, he accidently stabbed my hand, causing me to bleed XD it was really funny with his reaction and what not. I also love Tyler Perry, and I like alot of Chris Rock's older stuff. We share alot of the same sense of humor. Really, I get along best with these sort of people, as long as they are not the more rude -snap-snap-snap- kind... oh, and I get along wonderfully with anyone who is really shy and an animal lover!
I get along with other goths, emos, punks, very easily, and anime fans, however... I usually am more of a loner. People like to hang out with me and will call me up to do stuff alot and what not, but at times, I really prefer to stay online, listening to music in my slightly dim room rather than going out. I don't get along well with the "more than fabulous" scene kids, we just.... well, we don't mix well.
My boyfriend is hispanic, so I get along great actually with just about anyone 3nodding especially normal care-free dudes, it's easier to hang out with guys more than it is with chicks at times.
So basically, just everything I listed above.  

Angel of the End

Megumi Selwyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:03 am
I tend to get along well with goth's sort of 'cousin' subcultures, lolita, steampunk, that kind of thing. But I also get along with the anime kids, and used to be one myself. I've since sort of outgrown most of the animes themselves, but totally thrive in cosplay culture.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:11 am
Megumi Selwyn
I tend to get along well with goth's sort of 'cousin' subcultures, lolita, steampunk, that kind of thing. But I also get along with the anime kids, and used to be one myself. I've since sort of outgrown most of the animes themselves, but totally thrive in cosplay culture.

I love cosplaying..I'm sad to say I've never been to a convention. I'm going to be working on a Kite costume soon though (from .Hack). It probably won't come out amazing, but it should be fun.  

SADERR

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:59 pm
I get along with lots of different types of people pretty well actually....

Oh wait...no. That's not entirely true.

For some reason there'll be these really disgustingly bubbly girls with IQs lower than that of rocks who'll decide to "make friends" with me because they "feel sorry for me" for some strange reason and want to "help me out". I seriously do not like them. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm
How high school can you guys possibly get?  

Xahmen

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:19 pm
For me, i could get a long with everyone but most people tend to not approach me. . . when i'm in my normal clothes. . . people don't mind me so much in my work uniform if they don't actually know me.
anywho, my cround tend to be anime nerds. . .
and the people that tend to want to hang around me are poser goths, "emo" kids, and kids that are total dorks that annoy me.

people that don't tend to like me are. . . the majority of my school.
which happen to be preps and jocks.

once people get to know me they tend to like me but a lot of people wont give me the chance.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:28 pm
Ythan Il
Well, it seems a lot of the (active) guild is in high school, or below, so if I were you I wouldn't set your expectations too high.

I mean, just look at who this website is targeting...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:29 am
Hard for me to say. I get along well with whatever group I'm placed with.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:31 pm
XWraith_LordX
Ythan Il
Well, it seems a lot of the (active) guild is in high school, or below, so if I were you I wouldn't set your expectations too high.

At my highschool, because we have focuses of art, science, and law... well, we don't have many jerks. There is only one I can think of, this annoying scene/skater sophmore dude with an attitude issue at times... but even then, he rarely actually goes out of his way to do something off-the-wall.  

Angel of the End

Nik Ballion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:31 am
basically I get along with people from many subcultures if they are nice, decent and sociable.
but ing eneral I prefere hanging out with bats, punks and geeks. the artist in them are amazing, they all do something like photography, drawing n'stuff. plus all of that we can talk about music, films, games. I discussed with a goff geek the other day about FF and IE and why the FF engine is much better than the IE even the IE is faster on 1 page but when it opens 20 tabs its slow as hell, and on the other hand FF is slower with 1 pge but when you have 20 taps opened it runs like a baby. (like now, I have 17 pages opened)

edit: fast fingers
just skinheads that are too racist to accept the truth that we cant be the same.
and regular a** holes on the street.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:16 am
XWraith_LordX
Ythan Il

'Zactly.
I mean, would I rather get along with people of all sorts? Sure. And for the most part, I do. But yes, it is a bit "highschool"  

SADERR

the_underworks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:40 pm
For me in highschool there was this feud between all the jocks/gangsters/preps/emos(them) and all the freaks/goths/punks/geeks(us). It was mainly about things as shallow as the way we dressed, the music we listened to and strangely enough the grades we achieved. But then again it was a small school in a small town isolated in the middle of nowhere.

In college, it seemed like people had evolved from this primitive way of thinking. There was no "group'' or "sub culture" that didn't mix together, it seemed people just respected what you would do and why you would do it. But, personally I got along well with people from the orient in general. But then again, there was no prejudice in general. Personally I had a hard time to get used to the middle eastern mentality, even today, they irritate me.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:18 pm
I actually cannot get along with goths in person. Online, they're okay, unless they're of the pretentious sort, but for some reason, face to face, I cannot stand other goths.

Steampunks, however, are perfectly fine, as are jocks, cheerleaders, art students, and drama kids.

But then, I live in a rather backwards bubble of the world where nothing works like it's "supposed to."  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

SADERR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:24 pm
Angel of the End
XWraith_LordX
Ythan Il

At my highschool, because we have focuses of art, science, and law... well, we don't have many jerks. There is only one I can think of, this annoying scene/skater sophmore dude with an attitude issue at times... but even then, he rarely actually goes out of his way to do something off-the-wall.

Yeah. My highschool is a school of the arts. Visual Arts/Drama/Dance/Vocals/Insturments/Writing. So we tend to have a lot of really nice people too. And all those people who are rude and come into the school realize that it's pointless, because, different from the usual, we outnumber them. So mostly all those who aren't as open minded just keep to themselves.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff