Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Gods and Godesses: real entitys or representatives? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The REAL easter bunnuh

6,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:36 pm
ok now dont get mad with me asking this ok?
I would truly like to know.
do you think there is really two entity's or are they representative of two aspects (male and female) of consciousness in our minds?
or are they representative of 2 higher consciousnesses in the universe?
whats your opinion? who is The God and Godess?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 pm
None of the above? I'm a hard polytheist for the most part. There's lots and lots of distinct entities with distinct personalities.  

Collowrath

The REAL easter bunnuh

6,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:02 am
Collowrath
None of the above? I'm a hard polytheist for the most part. There's lots and lots of distinct entities with distinct personalities.

so you are saying they are actual entity's and not a representative of something else?
actual higher beings?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:08 am
What makes you think there's only two deities?

:/

Namikikyo

guardian_rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:52 am
With as complex as things are in our world, in our universe, hell in our own bodies... I have always found it hard to believe that one deity could create and govern everything.

How could one god be that omniscient?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:16 am
guardian_rose
I have always found it hard to believe that one deity could create and govern everything.
People in Leonardo's time found it hard to believe a human could fly. The inability to fathom something doesn't mean that it isn't possible.

Quote:
How could one god be that omniscient?
By it's nature.

That said, I second the question posed earlier.

Why on earth would we assume there are only two deities? It isn't as though all of paganism is ditheistic.  

TeaDidikai

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:23 am
Ignoring the god and goddess aspect, why can't it be both? Deities as independent entities, but also as aspects of something higher.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:50 am
That, too is a decent question. I believe that things are just a bit to big in the goings on of life, the universe, and everything to even assume that one or two beings could run it all.  

guardian_rose

The REAL easter bunnuh

6,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:26 am
ok im not saying there is to
*sigh*
even if there is a bazillion that's not the point.
do you think they are actual entity's, superior beings or a representative of something else.
like how there is gods of nature. is there real a man make out of leafs or does he represent a consciousness or spirit of nature?

idk im terrible at words sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:32 am
@Guardian Rose:
You're applying limited concepts to an entity that is potentially limitless, if we are talking about YHVH. Ants do not comprehend the social lives of humans. A mitochondria cannot begin to understand the complexity of quantum physics.

Further, who says anything about running?

@OP: So I think you're asking if deities, should they exist, do they exist independant of creation, or do they exist because of creation?

i.e. is Thor just the God of Thunder? Or does he exist independant of his "sphere of influence"?

I sense some Jungian dilemna here.  

Gho the Girl

guardian_rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:10 am
Wow, Gho. You have caused me to think.
Definitely a perspective I have over looked in thinking on this topic. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 am
The REAL easter bunnuh
ok im not saying there is to
*sigh*
even if there is a bazillion that's not the point.
do you think they are actual entity's, superior beings or a representative of something else.
like how there is gods of nature. is there real a man make out of leafs or does he represent a consciousness or spirit of nature?

idk im terrible at words sweatdrop

I meant what I said - they are distinct entities, all other adjectives aside. I see no reason to suggest there are only 2 or that they are representative of whatever people decide they are. Essentially, they're Gods, not a grocery list of things we think are cool.  

Collowrath

The REAL easter bunnuh

6,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:02 am
Gho the Girl
@Guardian Rose:
You're applying limited concepts to an entity that is potentially limitless, if we are talking about YHVH. Ants do not comprehend the social lives of humans. A mitochondria cannot begin to understand the complexity of quantum physics.

@OP: So I think you're asking if deities, should they exist, do they exist independant of creation, or do they exist because of creation?

i.e. is Thor just the God of Thunder? Or does he exist independant of his "sphere of influence"?

GHO I enjoy your response.

im not sure what Jungian is though and so I am off to google!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:05 am
The REAL easter bunnuh
Gho the Girl
@Guardian Rose:

Jungian refers to Psychoanalyst Carl Jung. Its in reference to the topic and dream interpretation.  

guardian_rose

The REAL easter bunnuh

6,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 am
guardian_rose
The REAL easter bunnuh
Gho the Girl
@Guardian Rose:

Jungian refers to Psychoanalyst Carl Jung. Its in reference to the topic and dream interpretation.

oh...all righty then  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces