Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts is Eternal

Back to Guilds

The place to be so you can talk about all things Kingdom Hearts!!! 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Eternal, Fun stuff, Roleplay, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox and unrelatedness!
The Anime Promotion Topic:Promoting:The Knights of theZodiac Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xake got it memorized

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:17 pm
Promoted Animes: FLCL (Fooly Cooly), Chobits (Zexion's Suggestion.), Tenchi Muyo, The Boondocks (Saint's Suggestion), Outlaw Star, Azumanga Daioh, Poke'mon (Zexion's Suggestion), Dragonball Z (poor thing), Thunder Cats, The Knights of the Zodiac (Zexion's)
HELLO EVERYONE! And welcome to the Anime Promotion Topic or APT.

Obviously I don't know every anime out here and niether should you. The point of this topic is to, for those who couldn't guess, promoting any and all animes.
Well known or just blips on the radar, this topic let's you promote them all.

Here's how it works:
1. You DO NOT promote in the thread itself. The thread is reserved for talking about the currently promoted anime.
2. If an anime is no longer being promoted and you would like to still talk about it, well just make a topic about it. Not too much work for ya is it?

How to get an anime promoted:
1. Every now and again the Currently Promoting section of the title will be blank. This is when you can request an anime get promoted from me.
2. PM me, do not post in the thread trying to get an anime promoted.
3. In the PM include a brief description of the anime itself. Otherwise it will not be promoted. Nothing too fancy or long mkay?
4. It's first come, first served so you gotta be quick.

Description of Promoted anime:
Quote:
The story focuses on one orphan named Seiya. He is sent to the Sanctuary in Greece to become the Pegasus Saint. After six years, Seiya becomes the Pegasus Saint and returns to Japan to find his older sister. Because his sister disappeared the same day Seiya went to the Sanctuary, Saori Kido makes a deal with him to go to fight in a tournament called the Galaxian Wars, where the orphans who survived and became Bronze Saints must fight to win the most powerful Cloth: The Sagittarius Gold Cloth. If Seiya goes to compete there and wins, Saori would start a search to find Seiya's sister.

During the series, Seiya becomes the partner and friend of other Bronze Saints: Shun, Shiryu, Ikki, and Hyoga. As the myth of the saints, they must fight together to protect the reincarnation of the goddess Athena from any danger.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:02 am
Well, I have never seen FLCL but I was aware of it. I might give it a try just based on your promotion. I just need to see the first episode and see if it hooks me. Great idea by the way!  

Zexion_Organization_XII
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Saint_Exupery
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14 am
Fooly Cooly? Sorry, I have never heard of it but if I find it I guess I'll give it a try.

From Xake: It's also known as Furi Kuri if that helps.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:39 am
Yeah, I haven't watched all the episodes yet, I think I've seen the last four of them. Note there are only six episodes in the series.
I had no idea it existed until like two or three years ago when it was playing on Adult swim.  

Xake got it memorized

Deluxe SORA
Crew

9,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:33 am
The only time I have heard of this is when I was reading something about a show called Avatar: The Last Airbender. Apparently, every writer for this show had to watch Fooly Cooly and every episode of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:42 pm
Deluxe SORA
The only time I have heard of this is when I was reading something about a show called Avatar: The Last Airbender. Apparently, every writer for this show had to watch Fooly Cooly and every episode of it.

You can't be serious, they had to watch Fooly Cooly?
Well they must of missed the thing that made FLCL so awesome, because Avatar unfortunately is nowhere close to it.  

Xake got it memorized

Deluxe SORA
Crew

9,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:30 am
I love Chobits though the ending was kind of strange. I like the theme of human-persocom relationships though. Hideki sure was lucky to find a Chobits unit.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:44 am
Chobits was great, I loved the book The Town with No People. The animation was beautiful and so was the story. Also, the persocoms were all really cute. I also liked the mobile units Sumomo and Kotoko and the government persocoms Zita and Dita (I think that was their names).  

Zexion_Organization_XII
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Saint_Exupery
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 am
I don't know this anime but it really does look interesting. I will go find this anime and watch every episode because I have not seen much anime lately. I feel somewhat starved.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:00 am
Personally I really didn't like it as the anime got nearer the end.

Zita and Dita didn't play a big enough role for me.

It also didn't help that I went in to watch it thinking it was gonna be a totally different story line.

And @Deluxe, I think it was like she made all the Human pcs get emotions or somethin. I don't really know.  

Xake got it memorized

Zexion_Organization_XII
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:44 pm
Xake got it memorized
Personally I really didn't like it as the anime got nearer the end.

Zita and Dita didn't play a big enough role for me.

It also didn't help that I went in to watch it thinking it was gonna be a totally different story line.

And @Deluxe, I think it was like she made all the Human pcs get emotions or somethin. I don't really know.

All that aside, I still think it was one of the more interesting animes I've seen.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:54 pm
I watched a couple of episodes yesterday and I guess I am hooked. I will have to see it through to the end.  

Saint_Exupery
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Deluxe SORA
Crew

9,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 am
Like all anime, Chobits does not have to make sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 am
I should warn everyone that Tenchi in Tokyo is awful and you should never watch that series  

Xake got it memorized

Saint_Exupery
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:22 pm
I watched a few episodes of Tenchi but unfortunately I got into trouble a lot when I was a kid and was not allowed to watch anything on tv. I really never got hooked but I should give it another try, especially because of how you said it's the best anime ever. Thanks for reminding me of this!  
Chatterbox and unrelatedness!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff