Reply ~ Main Forum ~
When you role play. . . Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gypsie Punk II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:49 pm
When you role play, do you prefer playing as someone younger, or older? Human, or non? [which race is preffered? animals count too!] Do you have a set char at all times? Despite the story difference, I mean, is the char always exactly the same? Does the name change, the picture, the story?

I like having one set char. Like an alter-ego type deal. However, sometimes I change the history of my char, depending on the role play...

I'm new, by the way. I've been posting around, but it seems I chose the wrong hour to be around D;

I'm Holli, or Gypsie, or Punk, even Demon if you like!

Also! Don't you hate it when you post in a role play, and you're ignored? D;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:56 pm
Older. And human or vampire.  

Angel of the End

Gypsie Punk II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:09 pm
I usually prefer playing as an animal, and either my age, a year or two older, or younger. I love playing as a 6 year old sometimes. x3 Might be a bit foolish of me though. D;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:30 pm
I usually switch between characters slightly older than me (early twenties-ish) and much younger than me (8-13ish).
I also tend to keep the same ones, just slightly tweak them/their bg history to fit the rp better.
As for race.. I have mostly humans/demons & a few animals here and there :B

I hate when it takes eons for people to reply. I understand that peeps aren't always online, but I get annoyed when I have to wait almost 2 weeks for a reply -_-

rokkenrou

Party Pilot

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:39 pm
What's interesting is that among my D&D friends, I manage to be the unique one solely by being the most vanilla character possible: a fighter who is a middle-aged human.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:23 pm
I guess I'm not that picky, I just like at least semi-literates.  

xShe Dreams Fiction

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:03 pm
Most of the time I only role-play Star Wars, so my characters are usually Anzati, Bothan, Echani, Shistavanen, Twi'lek, or every now and then Humans.
Occasionally I might do hybrids.

I mostly do Anzati or Bothans, as I like Rogue-ish characters. Anzati are basically tend to be like vampire ninjas, whereas Bothans tend to be hacker/spy characters. I always add a little bit of a martial artist feel as well(Teras Kasi, Echani, etc.). I rarely play Jedi/Sith/Jensaarai.

I usually play characters young enough to still be have youthful aesthetic interests, yet old enough to know a little about how life really works.
Which is funny with Anzati, considering they're an extremely long-lived race(this is a race that considers 1000 basic years to be young).

My characters will usually also have an affinity for foreign culture, language, and history. They tend to be a little laid back and living for the moment.

As far as names go, I like the star Wars universe because you can get pretty creative with it depending on your chosen race. My names usually involve something with wolves, foxes, fire, and even real world puns. hell, sometimes I even just use anagrams(much like how Han Solo's Jenos Idanian alias is an anagram for Indiana Jones).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:11 pm
I create characters for different role plays. Unless the role play has a similar plot or takes place in the same verse, I rarely use the same characters. I used to use the same character all the time but she was also a sue, and I have outgrown her.

I mainly role play AtLA, so I'm either a human or a spirit. I like to play as a nonbender since everyone and their grandmother plays as a bender. If I do play as a bender, I play a Dai Li Agent, since they're neat.  

lola_siannodel

Megumi Selwyn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 am
I generally roleplay as a character older than myself, generally human.

Megumi Selwyn's my roleplay character. She originally came about through a casual Death Eater roleplay, and I just grew attatched to her personality. So while her history gets altered for the setting, she's my standby character.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:32 am
Megumi Selwyn
I generally roleplay as a character older than myself, generally human.

Megumi Selwyn's my roleplay character. She originally came about through a casual Death Eater roleplay, and I just grew attatched to her personality. So while her history gets altered for the setting, she's my standby character.

Same, but sometimes when I alter the history, the personality changes. Just so I have a bit more to work with sometimes. :3  

Gypsie Punk II

Gypsie Punk II

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:34 am
danger0uslypink
I usually switch between characters slightly older than me (early twenties-ish) and much younger than me (8-13ish).
I also tend to keep the same ones, just slightly tweak them/their bg history to fit the rp better.

I hate when it takes eons for people to reply. I understand that peeps aren't always online, but I get annoyed when I have to wait almost 2 weeks for a reply -_-

Exactly! I hate it when you post something, and you either get ignored or it takes weeks and weeks for a reply! It always makes me feel so unwelcome!

I love playing as animals! x3 But yes, as stated above, I tweak the personality based on the history sometimes. Just to change it up.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:29 am
Gypsie Punk II
danger0uslypink

Exactly! I hate it when you post something, and you either get ignored or it takes weeks and weeks for a reply! It always makes me feel so unwelcome!

I love playing as animals! x3 But yes, as stated above, I tweak the personality based on the history sometimes. Just to change it up.

same... or else you post, they are online, they see you responded, but they will wait an hour or two to reply -_-  

Angel of the End

Gypsie Punk II

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:45 am
And you keep refreshing in hopes that they reply really really soon xD
They never do though...which is probably why role plays die so often...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:19 pm
Horrah for D&D. That's what I'm off to do in a minute. Usually, I stick to an Orc based creature type. Suits me, in most ways.
Lol, I rolled all high numbers on my character development, so I practically, so I'm raping the castle we're in now.
Next time we start over, I'm going with a Tanarukk biggrin I love me some fire.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas