Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
ReCon III Updated 2/5/10 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do we leave Summer Star on Sunday Morning or Monday?
Sunday
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Monday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:30 pm
Invitation

You are cordially invited to attend ReCon III, to be held in conjunction with SummerStar Pagan Festival in Western Washington, come summer of 2010.

Those who have been extended personal hospitality in the past are of course welcomed without hesitation. Those who are not familiar with ReCon's of the past are of course welcomed to attend SummerStar, but will need to speak with organizers with regards to participation within the ReCon Tribe.

More information to follow...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:32 pm
Table of Contents

Invitation
Table of Contents
History of ReCon
Guest List
SummerStar
Logistics
Musings and Amusing

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:34 pm
History

ReCon began to take shape several years ago. Even though people like Nuri, Deo, CuAnnan, FiddlersGreen and others have clashed in the past, we all eventually became friends.

As friends, we thought it would be an amazing experience to meet face to face. It so happened, we were right. Granted, ReCon had it's bumps, but I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say it was a meaningful and wonderful experience for all involved.

ReReCon happened several years later. The turn out was much smaller, but it was delightful all the same.

The time has come to make preparations for ReCon III. ReCon's have a tradition of being held in conjunction with other events. My Halloween Party, my Anniversary- and I had hoped that ReCon III would be thrown in conjunction with a House Warming party, or perhaps even a baptism. But, though hopes for this survive, it seems like a far better bet to throw it in conjunction with SummerStar, a festival put on by the Primitive Festival Alliance.

So that is the plan.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 pm
Guest List

Confirmed ReCon Attendees:
Isakane
TeaDidikai
Nuri

Hopefuls:
Sivirs
Deoridhe
TheDisreputableDog
Gho the Girl
saint dreya
CuAnnan
Kuroiban
Aino Ailill
Shearaha
Ainwyn
patch99329
Cat of Silence  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:38 pm
SummerStar

Dates:
ReCon is Officially the 13th - 21st.

SummerStar will take place July 15th through July 19th.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:39 pm
Logistics

Funds:
DB, Isa and I plan to contribute a portion of our paycheck to a ReCon fund which will then go to help people travel, pay for site fees and equipment.

The posted Balance will be updated on a monthly basis.
Balance: $215.00

Travel Plans
As tickets are bought, we'll post times. We'll also add names to the list of confirmed attendees and add you to the Contact List once we have the information needed to contact you upon arrival. This way, we won't be calling mutual friends at midnight and having Airport Staff paging usernames from the gods they worship in attempts to find folks. ninja

Arrivals:
Departures:

Contact List:

Those who have submitted their contact information to me so we can confirm pickup times will be added here.

Transportation to the Event:

Currently as it stands now, we will be taking one car down with the gear and people on the confirmed list.
We have the ability to take another car and if we get the numbers, we'll end up taking a small U-Haul.

Camping Plans

Enjoyable Camping takes planning.
Below (when I get around to it) you will find a packing list and other useful details. Also, everyone participating in the Tribe will need to plan to make one meal for the group. This is so that I don't turn into a neurotic mess we can share the experience and work as a team. People can always buy snacks, and I know we will end up making a run into town or two.

Packing List:
What will be provided by ReCon Central-

Recommendations for personal packing-

Menu and Meal Planning:  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:40 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:07 pm
And.... We're Open.  

TeaDidikai

Sivirs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:14 pm
I'll actually try really hard to make it to this one if it isn't too close to LOJ (usually the weekend right after 4th of July weekend).

Assuming I'm welcome, given my extended absence from any meaningful conversation for the past several months. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:03 am
If I can come, I will (I'll even save a few vacation days) I will. I can't promise Davit will go, or even will want to go seeing as its still with SummerStar.

I'll probably need the assistance, since we'll still be paying off medical bills and the summer won't have financial aid again.  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:28 am
Sivirs
I'll actually try really hard to make it to this one if it isn't too close to LOJ (usually the weekend right after 4th of July weekend).

Assuming I'm welcome, given my extended absence from any meaningful conversation for the past several months. xd
Of course you're welcome. And it is likely to be close to LOJ, but maybe you can make it to SummerStar, and then simply head south. We're likely to have at least two folks coming up from Cali. ninja

maenad nuri
If I can come, I will (I'll even save a few vacation days) I will. I can't promise Davit will go, or even will want to go seeing as its still with SummerStar.

I'll probably need the assistance, since we'll still be paying off medical bills and the summer won't have financial aid again.

Awwww.... He likes camping... and participation in rituals is optional. He could treat it like an event and just chill with us- Plus, something tells me he would really LOVE to take part in the Black Smithing workshop.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:06 pm
Consider me a hopeful. I should have my MFT by then. Yay! People are going to trust me with their BRAINS!

I shall have to put puppies in them. ninja And rainbows.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:11 pm
I'm so going. But since I'll be there anyways, that's not too surprising. WOOHOOOO WEST COAST!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff