Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Spencer Smith Reveals New Members Of Panic! At The Disco Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:41 pm
From MTV Exclusive
Quote:

For two weeks, Spencer Smith sat idly by while his former bandmate, guitarist Ryan Ross, spoke at length about leaving Panic! at the Disco and venturing out on a career of his own. Late Wednesday (July 29), that all changed.

Smith spoke with MTV News about splitting with Ross and bassist Jon Walker — echoing Ross' sentiments, he called the decision "beyond amicable" — and he and Brendon Urie's decision to carry on under the Panic! at the Disco mantle.

"I suppose it's inevitable that our two bands will always be linked now ... sort of like what happened when Blink-182 split, with Angels & Airwaves and +44, or At the Drive-In split into Sparta and the Mars Volta," Smith said. "But that's just a media thing, really, a way to add something to the story. Brendon and I are still friends with Ryan and Jon, we really like their new band [the Young Veins], they really like our band, and we hope fans like both of them. There's thousands of songs on my iPod, there's room for both our bands on it.

"And with Brendon and I, really, there was never any doubt that we were going to carry on as Panic! Honestly, we wanted to move forward as the band," Smith added. "We're working on an album now that, hopefully, takes the best parts from both of our records ... because we love them both and are really proud of them."

But before Smith and Urie could move forward as Panic!, they had to come to terms with the past — something that's proven to be tough, given the reaction most fans have had to the split.

"It's one of those things where, it's sad for us to know, but at the same time, it's sort of heartwarming to know there's people that love your band that much that they would genuinely be upset that we were splitting apart," Smith said. "And I think that there was absolutely no way to get around that, and we have to keep reminding ourselves of that. And also knowing that it was the right decision, and as me and Brendon are moving forward and I'm sure Ryan and Jon are moving forward too. ... It's unfortunate that there's no way to sort of get around the initial fan reaction, but it makes sense, and it's amazing that they care about our band that much to really feel that way. Hopefully over the next few months, the music will amend that."

Oh, and about that music. Smith revealed exclusively to MTV News that — for the immediate future, at least — he and Urie have tapped a pair of their friends to join the band for their upcoming dates with Blink-182. Replacing Ross on guitar is Ian Crawford, who spent time with Panic!'s Decaydance labelmates the Cab. And on bass, it'll be singer/songwriter Dallon Weekes, mastermind behind Utah-based indie act the Brobecks.

"Yeah, we've taken on a couple of new guys for the tour. They're friends, so the decision was easy. Plus, we're really excited to play with them as musicians," Smith said. "Ian is probably the most talented guitar player that me and Brendon have ever played with, and Dallon is a really nice guy and a really great bassist. It's new. Like I said, we're really excited."

The article is exclusively from MTV Exclusive by James Montgomery and can be found exclusively here

Other links connected to this article includes
____[ x ] - PATD-fill in about Dallon Weekes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:47 pm
Dammit. You beat me to it.
I KNEW IAN WOULD JOIN. I ******** KNEW IT.
=DD
I hope Ian's permanent! D:

Kylie the Cumbie

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 pm

LOL Haha I actually was racing to get to it.
Man! So do I! I mean when Ian left the Cab I was like gonk

NO! Really?! And then when I read this article I was thoroughly happy
because freaking a -- I love freaking Ian Crawford. And as for Dallon Weekes, well he's pretty ******** hot. But then again -- I don't know. I mean its Jon Walker he's freaking replacing and its Ryan Ross. Ahh I can't believe that after all of this, I'm still hung up on the old band. But yeah-- its like 6, 7 where I am and we're going out to eat now. :]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:00 pm
takashi_sahoko

because freaking a -- I love freaking Ian Crawford. And as for Dallon Weekes, well he's pretty ******** hot. But then again -- I don't know. I mean its Jon Walker he's freaking replacing and its Ryan Ross. Ahh I can't believe that after all of this, I'm still hung up on the old band. But yeah-- its like 6, 7 where I am and we're going out to eat now. :]

I second that Dallon Weekes is ******** hot.
I'd push on my bed and devestate his body.
Not to mention, The Brobecks are pretty cool.
I checked 'em out.
Catchy stuff.
Ian's cool.
I hope they just find someone they're happy and get along with.  

PanicChic2005

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:04 pm
PanicChic2005
takashi_sahoko

I second that Dallon Weekes is ******** hot.
I'd push on my bed and devestate his body.
Not to mention, The Brobecks are pretty cool.
I checked 'em out.
Catchy stuff.
Ian's cool.
I hope they just find someone they're happy and get along with.

Size Three Text

XDD. I haven't checked the Brobecks outs yet, because I don't have that good of an internet connection and when I randomly do -- I go here and twitter. But if Spencer and Brendon thinks he's good, then he must be good. Speaking of something that Kylie was talking about on Tumblr. I'm on

Team Breyaoncer

Get it? Get it?! Haha xDD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:08 pm
takashi_sahoko

ME ******** TOO! =D
I'm in love!
If Ian became permanent I would like, scream of happiness and go around doing the two-step/trick-or-treat.
xDD
Dallon definitely isn't going to be permanent though. ):
It would be awesomesauce if he was though. I want his bod. ;D
But Spencer will always be my number one. -bites lip sexually-
xD
It's like 7 where I am too.
WHERE ARE YOU IN THE WORLD?
We must be in the same time zone!
:00

Kylie the Cumbie

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:12 pm
Kyli3Fosho
takashi_sahoko

ME ******** TOO! =D
I'm in love!
If Ian became permanent I would like, scream of happiness and go around doing the two-step/trick-or-treat.
xDD
xD

Ohio :] With my cousin dear.
I was in California but then I tagged along with my cousin Marilyn for her job && I'm going back to California in two days then back to Vegas sometime in the second or third week of August. :]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 pm
takashi_sahoko
Kyli3Fosho
takashi_sahoko

ME ******** TOO! =D
I'm in love!
xDD
xD

I was in California but then I tagged along with my cousin Marilyn for her job && I'm going back to California in two days then back to Vegas sometime in the second or third week of August. :]

OMFG. You're only... *thinks*
TEN HOURS AWAY! =D
xD
Come down here! ;D

Kylie the Cumbie

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Kyli3Fosho
takashi_sahoko
Kyli3Fosho
takashi_sahoko

ME ******** TOO! =D
I'm in love!
xDD
xD

TEN HOURS AWAY! =D
xD
Come down here! ;D

I would but I don't think the bus driver would drive all the way down there again! Haha but we're going up to Milwaukee tonight. xDD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:23 pm
takashi_sahoko
Kyli3Fosho
takashi_sahoko
Kyli3Fosho
takashi_sahoko

ME ******** TOO! =D
I'm in love!
xDD
xD

TEN HOURS AWAY! =D
xD
Come down here! ;D

I would but I don't think the bus driver would drive all the way down there again! Haha but we're going up to Milwaukee tonight. xDD

MILWAUKEE IS LIKE AN HOUR OR TWO AWAY FROM ******** style="font-size: 10px">EDIT: Oh. I thought you meant Milwaukee Florida.
sweatdrop

Kylie the Cumbie

FIRE_OnThe_DanceFloor

5,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:26 pm
Gosh.
I Didnt Think They Would Replace Them.
But They Did.
Atleast The Choices Are Good.
D:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:59 am
I don't think Ian will be with the band permanently. He left The Cab to work on his own stuff and to get away from the pop-rock style... buuut. It'd be sweet if he did. He's coolio and fricken' brilliant on guitar.

I've never heard of the other guy though. I'm sure he's good or Panic! wouldn't have asked him to play for him...

It's gonna be SO weird to see them on stage together though, playing all Panic!'s old stuff. I feel like it's gonna be all wrong sweatdrop But hopefully not.

Polyphonic Twilight

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:41 am
I love that Dallon kid.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 pm
I don't know who Dallon is but Ian is amazing.
It's still hard for me to realize what ha happened with Panic! but if want to replace Jon and Ryan then they should.

Fragile Panic

Panda Cheval

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:51 pm
Kyli3Fosho
I love that Dallon kid.
User Image

Haha awwwwh :3.
I wish him luck, and Ian too! And Brendon and Spencer too obviously.
: D

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces