Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Draconic Ritual Q&A ^.=.^ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:48 pm
Hello all, well, I'm new here.

I have been in practice for about 17 years now. I am a follower of the dragons path. Meaning, I practice draconic magick in deep ritual. It is a family tradition not to be confused with Neo-wiccan dragon summoning(what it is called here in southern california) or using them as a supplement to your practice. And even though I still have an eons worth of things to learn, I still have quite a vast well of knowledge surrounding my path.

So if you are interested in learning, or just want to know what it is about, Feel free to post here and ask and ill do my best to answer. ^.=.^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:58 pm
Dori-Ryuu
Meaning, I practice draconic magick in deep ritual.
Then why haven't you been reduced to coke upon the floor?

Also, it's spelled magic.

Quote:
I still have quite a vast well of knowledge surrounding my path.
Oh? I'm curious, why does your tradition bastardize Thelemic spellings?

What are the origins of your tradition?
Why do you think you are working with dragons and not thoughtforms?  

TeaDidikai

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:20 pm
TeaDidikai
Dori-Ryuu
Meaning, I practice draconic magick in deep ritual.
Then why haven't you been reduced to coke upon the floor?

Also, it's spelled magic.

Quote:
I still have quite a vast well of knowledge surrounding my path.
Oh? I'm curious, why does your tradition bastardize Thelemic spellings?

What are the origins of your tradition?
Why do you think you are working with dragons and not thoughtforms?

wow uncalled for. For one, the term magick with a K isnt commonly used as a "thelemic spelling" nor was i using it in that sense. it is used as a differentiating term between parlor magic and religious practice.

two, i stated the origin of my tradition above, please read before making your decision to write half whit comments, mr. i love jesus. kthnx  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 pm
Dori-Ryuu
wow uncalled for.

Actually, that was very called for.

Quote:
the term magick with a K isnt commonly used as a "thelemic spelling"

I assure you Aleister Crowley added the K to Magic for purposes regarding Thelema.

Quote:
it is used as a differentiating term between parlor magic and religious practice.

How so lovingly fluffy of you.
Not at all, though- Magick is used in Thelema
Magic is what everyone else utilizes.

Quote:
i stated the origin of my tradition above

So... your family just decided to make something up?

Quote:
please read before making your decision to write half whit comments, mr. i love jesus. kthnxbai

1. Tea is female.
2. ...Good luck, you're going to need it now.
EDIT:
3. It's spelled 'wit'.  

Lance Kibagari

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:26 pm
Dori-Ryuu
mr. i love jesus.

Where in the blue blazes did you get that from?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:40 pm
Quote:

Actually, that was very called for.

Curious how that was called for?
Quote:

I assure you Aleister Crowley added the K to Magic for purposes regarding Thelema.

I said Commonly used, never did i mention crowley or the golden dawn(which im sure would be brought up), the majority of the pagan community refer to it as magick as a differentiating point.

Quote:
Not at all, though- Magick is used in Thelema
Magic is what everyone else utilizes.

see above

Quote:
So... your family just decided to make something up?

did i ever say my family made it up?

edit: now i see. It must of been in the post i sent when i applied for this thread. another bad on my part.

Quote:

1. Tea is female.

My mistake.

Quote:
3. It's spelled 'wi
t'
Grab a dictionary its spelled whit when referring to someone intelligence.  

X C L S I O R

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:43 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Dori-Ryuu
mr. i love jesus.

"Christianity with it's foundation of Love and it's roots in the Jewish faith brings together the beauty of the Jewish Mysticism, the Gnostic Insights and to be born again through the Spirit of YHVH's life on earth and human experiences, I praise him and my brothers and sisters in faith. "

hmmm.....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Dori-Ryuu

Curious how that was called for?

We're here to challenge claims. Educated, responsible paganism, after all.
If you want sunshine blown up your a**, you've come to the wrong place.

Quote:
the majority of the pagan community refer to it as magick as a differentiating point.

We do? New to me.
Hey guys, apparently we're all bastardizing Thelema!
Why did I not get the memo?

Quote:
did i ever say my family made it up?

Let's see...

Quote:
It is a family tradition

Yep, seems like you did.

Quote:
Grab a dictionary its spelled whit when referring to someone intelligence.

whit (hwt, wt)
n.
The least bit; an iota: doesn't give a whit what was said; not a whit afraid.

Fail.  

Lance Kibagari

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Dori-Ryuu
AngryRobotsInc.
Dori-Ryuu
mr. i love jesus.

"Christianity with it's foundation of Love and it's roots in the Jewish faith brings together the beauty of the Jewish Mysticism, the Gnostic Insights and to be born again through the Spirit of YHVH's life on earth and human experiences, I praise him and my brothers and sisters in faith. "

hmmm.....

That tells me nothing. Where did you get that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:48 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Dori-Ryuu
AngryRobotsInc.
Dori-Ryuu
mr. i love jesus.

hmmm.....

That tells me nothing. Where did you get that?

Seconded.

I'm also curious, Dori...

Does 17 years in practice mean you're 17?

EDIT: Believe it or not, that was an honest question. A lot of people come around claiming they've practiced something for X years, only to have that be their age.  

Lance Kibagari

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:54 pm
lmao yes, pagans do. there are multiple spellings and all of them have always been described as a differentiating point. magick is commonly used in mostly all US descriptions, majik and majyk is common amongst the middle east, magik is also another spelling. Regardless, its not THAT big of a deal.

If i can find that post in the 10min ive been here, im sure with a little looking you can find it as well.

but regardless, i can see you are all a bunch of children with nothing better to do with their lives then rip apart something small. call me 17? lmao ok. ill let you think that.

whit 1 (wt)
n.
1. The natural ability to perceive and understand; intelligence.

-shrugs- guess that is neither here nor there either. oh well, doesnt matter, guess im out of this forum, ill let you continue your mediocre lives of secluded ignorance. so wound up over nothing, a spelling that can go multiple ways? i dont need to prove anything to anyone. this thread will def. be copied and posted on the other pagan sites my wife and i belong to and we can continue to feel the humor. byeas =)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:00 am
Dori-Ryuu
lmao yes, pagans do. there are multiple spellings and all of them have always been described as a differentiating point. magick is commonly used in mostly all US descriptions, majik and majyk is common amongst the middle east, magik is also another spelling. Regardless, its not THAT big of a deal.

Yeah, no. I've never met a non-fluffy pagan that called it magick to differentiate it from stage magic.

Quote:
If i can find that post in the 10min ive been here, im sure with a little looking you can find it as well.

Not my job.

Quote:
but regardless, i can see you are all a bunch of children with nothing better to do with their lives then rip apart something small. call me 17? lmao ok. ill let you think that.

Because we call you on your incorrect information, we're children? I guess I should probably put this booze away then.

Quote:
whit 1 (wt)
n.
1. The natural ability to perceive and understand; intelligence.

No. The word you were looking for was wit. Is English your second language, perhaps?

Quote:
-shrugs- guess that is neither here nor there either. oh well, doesnt matter, guess im out of this forum, ill let you continue your mediocre lives of secluded ignorance. byeas =)

I'm sure we will miss you so very, very much.  

IH_Zero

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 am
Dori-Ryuu
call me 17? lmao ok. ill let you think that.

Says on your mocospace that you're 22. You've been into draconian magick since you were 5?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:20 am
Can we make some kind of drinking game for when Tea gets labeled a fundamentalist Christian? Please?

Anywho.
Tea is right; "magick" is specific to Thelema. Using it to "indicate the context" is rather silly, given the environment in which you generally talk about magical practices.

And it was pretty well called for. Did you by chance happen to read the home page and its introduction to the guild??  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:24 am
Dori-Ryuu
there are multiple spellings and all of them have always been described as a differentiating point. magick is commonly used in mostly all US descriptions, majik and majyk is common amongst the middle east, magik is also another spelling. Regardless, its not THAT big of a deal.

Commonly used =|= correctly used.

Quote:

Awww! Someone who knows how to use the "Search posts by user" function!

Quote:

Oh yes. I'm such a child. I've just gotten off the teat, don'tcha know.
rolleyes .
So, rather than provide solid backing for your faith and your beliefs, you dismiss us all as children? Oh wow. I can TOTALLY see who the mature adult is here. Yup.

Quote:
-shrugs- guess that is neither here nor there either. oh well, doesnt matter, guess im out of this forum, ill let you continue your mediocre lives of secluded ignorance.

I'M CHOKING ON THE IRONY
CHOKECHOKECHOKE.
None of us need to pretend that dragons give a s**t about us enough to help us with magic, so who's life is mediocre again? Oh, right. Yours.
Quote:
i dont need to prove anything to anyone.

Aw, did you get lost on your way to the Chatterbox? It's okay.
Quote:
this thread will def. be copied and posted on the other pagan sites my wife and i belong to and we can continue to feel the humor. byeas =)

I'm sorry, didn't you say something earlier about US behaving mediocre lives and acting like children? Hmm...

OH GODS CHOKING AGAIN THE IRONY IS TOO MUCH TO SWALLOW  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces