Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Clanrats? No thanks! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:42 am
Hello everyone! Shin's going back to skaven once again...

I used to play Eshin during the storm of chaos campaign, and thus have a couple of old battered nightrunners and converted gutter runners and such, but I also had some skryre troops lying around and thought about getting back to skaven, and with a new book I hope they're still going to be random and fun.

I went and bought myself a battalion to add to my Skryre force who hire Eshin troops... And I pretty much started to hate the little buggers when I glued together my first clanrat unit... I REALLY HATE CLANRATS! They're annoying to assemble, I have to pose them correctly to line them up and the tails fall off all the time...

I began to think for a bit and looked at the plague monks in the box... And found some pictures of some 4th ed plastic skaven... And then it struck me... I'm going to turn plaguemonks into clanrats!

First I thought of just adding shields and removing all the sick stuff... But they still looked like plague monks to me... So I began to play around a bit with greenstuff to add armour and such, so this will be a pretty slow project, but I aim for getting about 75 of these rodents converted into clanrats in the end.

This is what I've come up with so far regarding my test model, I don't think I'm really finished with him but I'll get there, and I'll try to get better focused pictures in the future.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

I feel like adding plates going down from the belt protecting the legs slightly, and perhaps some sort of shoulder guard, but I also need to try and get the back-plates smoother and flatter.

Comments and Critics are more than welcome!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:29 pm
All I can say is nice job and don't overdo it.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:51 pm
Just managed to get some more pictures, and by now I think the test-model is finished!

I don't see why I got myself into this... But I actually like it! I belive the end-result will be nice, and it'll be a slight bit easier if I can just get my hands on some packmasters as well.

What I added to the models now was a pouch to his belt since he did look a bit empty on the back/sides, shoulder pads, nailt on the armour and such.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

I will most probably sit up tonight and do some palting/chainmail on 12 other rats one which might be a pawleader so that I can start playing Warbands again, which would keep to inspire me to finish a whole army like this.

C&C as usual!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:37 am
You've really improved with your sculpting and I can't wait to see the model painted to give a full verdict, but are you really prepared to do a hundred of them? xp  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:16 am
Increased I can't say... This is my rusty result. The one's I'm working on now is getting slightly better than the first one.

A hundred is a bit much, but yet I might, but I'm still aiming for 75 of them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 am
Didn't go as well as I hoped last night since I almost fell asleep, but I managed to get 6 torsos nearly done, I just need to add some nails into the armour and they're fine.

User Image

User Image

Hopefully I'll have all 20 finished after this weekend unless I get too many challanged during the montly game weekend we have where the gaming club is open from Friday (today that is) till Sunday 6 pm.  

Shinobi_8745

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:12 pm
What do the unaltered plague monks look like?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:58 am
I never thought I'd get to say this to you DE... GOOGLE IT!

I'll show it anyways~

~http://www.tabletopwargames.com/warhammer/90-12b.jpg

If I'm ever to use plague monks I've been offered to buy the metal models which I do like a bit more than the plastic ones because they look more sick.  

Shinobi_8745

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:17 am
How did you get the hoods off? They seem pretty integral.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:18 am
The heads are most likely from the Clan / Slave rat regiment boxed set.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:22 pm
I used the un-hooded head from the same plague monk box of course, and it's a common thing for clanrats to have hoods as well or just some cloth over their heads just like in most of the artwork.

Clanrat heads from the box is just effing ugly... They look like long-nosed monkeys... Not rats... D:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:22 pm
Not much of an update, rather a quick one.

I've only managed to get 6 clanrats together, another one is in the making and a command group needs arms and stuff, I reckoned I'd keep the spikes on my Pawleader and he might get a pimped helmet, otherwise he'll get one just like the others who wear one.

I also decided that all clanrats won't be getting a helmet, it'd be nice to see some only a cloth on their head or nothing at all, it gives a skryre feel but I guess that's just me.

This is what it looks like so far, slowly but steadily I approach my unit of 25 clanrats of Clan Skryre.

User Image

User Image  

Shinobi_8745

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:33 am
Got any updates? ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:40 am