Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
How I got involved in learning Wicca or I hope so, culture. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you do excercise to improve psychic ability?
  Yes, of course!
  No, your just born with powers you can't learn and train them.
  Random other question: Do you justy like to bust down and rain dance?
View Results

Village Chieftain Smith

Aged Raider

9,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:00 pm
Okay here's my back-story for joining this guild.
A couple days ago, like last Saturday, I was at my job hosting a Magic the Gathering tournament like every release party.(( I work for a comic book store, so I'm pretty well read in weird and interesting topics to bring to the table)) one person I knew who came in, who I knew was Wicca and pretty open about it, but never exactly used the word 'cause he told me it was a law, ((and low and behold I looked on the 161 law page and it was there)) So I asked him how he got into it and he told me this fairly interesting story. He's 17 and been doing it since 13.
Now, while he acts somewhat in "Fluffy Bunny" Mythos, he seems pretty legitimate about why he joined up. Soon after this woman from Landry, in Wyoming (( You know the Native American settlement.)) came in and after a few rounds of cards I began to listen to what they were talking about.
It intrigued me. And mind you I had always dabbled in the arts of mythology and Buddhist religion, made gargoyles and Cthulian Mythos and all that such, but I wanted to know more about... Well everything they knew.
So now after about a good 4 five days and learned some exercises and things to look for as far as just a lesson.
They told me not to exert force into what I was doing as far as the exercises go, but I need to know: are what they told me as lessons fake, unnecessary, or just pointless?
Things I'm learning at the moment:
Grounding. Result: The image of me as a seed to a tree ripping and sprouting from me, bursted from my house and basically destroying the roof and rooting in the basement.
keeping my thoughts to myself or like psychic shielding??? Result: Nosebleed. ^_^"
This circle exercise they didn't give a name for. But they told me that it does help.

I was also told to read the Old Testament, for some references of sorts?
I came here for answers and not wanting to bug anyone. I don't need a mentor, I have those tow as mentioned to help me, but any advice would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:27 pm
your friend isn't of the Wica. they don't initiate minors. i'd take whatever they have to say with a grain of salt.

in my experience, psychic abilities are like muscles. the more you use them, the better they get. practice, practice.

aoijea23487

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:37 pm
DylanTheOgreSmith
He's 17 and been doing it since 13.
If he is actually of the Wica, call the cops on whoever raped him during his initiation.

Quote:
...I began to listen to what they were talking about.
It intrigued me. And mind you I had always dabbled in the arts of mythology and Buddhist religion, made gargoyles and Cthulian Mythos and all that such, but I wanted to know more about... Well everything they knew.
By the sounds of it, Google and Silver Ravenwolf could teach you that much.
Quote:

Things I'm learning at the moment:
Grounding. Result: The image of me as a seed to a tree ripping and sprouting from me, bursted from my house and basically destroying the roof and rooting in the basement.
That's an odd visualization, especially since it uses the destruction of the self in more than one way.
Quote:

I was also told to read the Old Testament, for some references of sorts?
References to what?

Quote:
I have those tow as mentioned to help me, but any advice would be appreciated.
My first piece of advice is to stop taking them at their word and develop some critical thinking skills.

I'd also skip the whole in person mentor thing until you have more book learning under your belt. My reason for this stems from the fact that it's easier to walk away from a book than a person.

The visualization itself is nearly identical to one some of the local psy-vamps teach their sheep. The psychic translation boils down to "Destroy the self and become a source of food."

The destruction of the body compounded by the destruction of the home is really disturbing to me. The fact that this is coming from someone who knows enough to fake at being of the Wica more than most strikes me as playing out one of two ways:
1) It's intentional, a form of manipulation used to herd.
2) It's accidental, and he just doesn't know enough to be in a position to teach. Blind leading the blind and all. Either way... not a good situation, but then, you're not in my back yard. ~shrugs~  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:04 pm
O_e I'm just gonna go research more. I think I've been Had. But I'm pretty sure he's not one of those Twilight loving cockroaches that make themselves sparkly. But yeah, I feel awkward. Ummm I think I should go ask a mentor here, like right now.... *is severely embarrassed*  

Village Chieftain Smith

Aged Raider

9,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:20 pm
DylanTheOgreSmith
O_e I'm just gonna go research more.
Research is good.

Let me ask you this:
Do you want to learn about an Oathbound Mystery Fertility Cult dedicated to The Lord and Lady of the Isles? Or do you want to learn about generic eclectic neo-paganism?

Quote:
But yeah, I feel awkward.
Relax. There's no need to feel awkward. You're new. You're learning. You're actually seeking out information. This is a good thing!

If you have more questions, ask them.
Quote:

Ummm I think I should go ask a mentor here, like right now....

Why?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:28 pm
I wanna learn about Lord Janus and Mother Goose Foot. So yes, I think the first one. I mean I'm really interested in it and this afternoon, even though it has I'm sure NOTHING to do with anything, tried to make some semi important things in my life. Golems and Gargoyles.
The Jewish Golems and the Neo-Renaissance Gargoyles designed to protect a place of interest. I do a lot of stuff and never really focus on one real religion, but I'd like to be a pagan honestly, it seems very real atleast to me. But I just don't know what to pinpoint.
First off, should I confront my friend and tell him he's wrong or leave him to just think what he knows?  

Village Chieftain Smith

Aged Raider

9,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Runs With Beetles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:24 pm
DylanTheOgreSmith
I wanna learn about Lord Janus and Mother Goose Foot. So yes, I think the first one.
those are some funny sounding names... you sure those are the lord and lady of wica?
Quote:
I mean I'm really interested in it and this afternoon, even though it has I'm sure NOTHING to do with anything, tried to make some semi important things in my life. Golems and Gargoyles.
The Jewish Golems and the Neo-Renaissance Gargoyles designed to protect a place of interest. I do a lot of stuff and never really focus on one real religion, but I'd like to be a pagan honestly, it seems very real atleast to me. But I just don't know what to pinpoint.

sounds like you like eclecticism, kinda like me!! blaugh its a good path to take but there is a better way to go about i think, mm hmm.

Quote:

First off, should I confront my friend and tell him he's wrong or leave him to just think what he knows?
i don't see why. you probably don't know enough yourself to prove him wrong in a confrontation. might be best to just keep your distance, at least until you're a bit smarter on the subject, ya know what i'm saying?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm
Actually hold on I can find the link to those names. I found 'em through a link here. I can't FIND said link at the moment, but it said it was one of each of the names the lord and lady of isle actually did go by. I'm not trying to bamboozle anyone, its just I did find a link somewhere, or maybe it was in a book? Look I read somewhere the same goddess who was refered to in several pages I found who went by the name "Mother Goosefoot", I can't remember any other names 'cause that one stuck on me, due that it made me think about the origins of Mother Goose and if it had relation to paganism. So that was a WHOLE little side route that lead to something about charlemagnes mom.
*rubs temples* I really am interested in all of this, I just hate not knowing if I'm "spitting or dropping". Ugh. gonk  

Village Chieftain Smith

Aged Raider

9,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:50 am
No need to feel awkward or embarrassed. We're here to help. smile

Honestly, when thinking about what the two you overheard talking.... I think it's best to wipe the slate clean and start over from scratch on this topic.

Wicca does not initiate anyone under the age of 18, though often won't initiate until the age of 21 for legal reasons (seeing as sex is involved). It was founded in the 1950s by a man named Gerald Gardner (so while some of it is based on older paganism, Wicca itself is NOT hundreds of years old). Wicca is also lineaged (not by blood ties though). Gardner is the first, and lineaged covens are supposed to be able to trace their roots back to being initiated by him only. It's a mystery cult, which means they will only teach you un-oathbound material until they deem you are ready to be initiated, and if you aren't found worthy, then you will not be a Wiccan. Only when initiated can you be trusted to learn their secrets. And the Fertility part should be self-explanatory.
An awesome link for even more detailed and non-confusing information is the Wiccan FAQ.

Personally, I'd wait until you knew more about the real Wicca before you confronted your friend, seeing as he's likely to not take it lightly you are telling him his path is not exactly what he thinks it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 pm
Wait... sorry for my random but.. Why is sex involved? x.x Is there an easy way for me to read up on the initiation thingies?  

Alice Morbid

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:47 pm
Succubus Sovereign
Wait... sorry for my random but.. Why is sex involved? x.x Is there an easy way for me to read up on the initiation thingies?

Sexual contact is involved because that's the initiation rite, or so I've heard. It is, as Tea described, a fertility cult.

As for being able to read up on them, I would think not as much information on Wicca is oathbound. But again, I am not Wiccan and henceforth have no concrete proof. =p  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:51 pm
Ugh.... gonk Thank you kindly for helping out there, but can anyone tell me where I got Mother Goosefoot and Lord Janus as the names of the lord and lady of the isle?  

Village Chieftain Smith

Aged Raider

9,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:52 pm
DylanTheOgreSmith
Ugh.... gonk Thank you kindly for helping out there, but can anyone tell me where I got Mother Goosefoot and Lord Janus as the names of the lord and lady of the isle?

Likely from misinformation. Even if someone did release the names of the Lord and Lady of the Isles, they are oathbreakers as the names are oathbound.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:57 pm
crying Ah, there-in itself, I just basically banned myself by saying unconfirmed names. Well I understand the secrecy of the society and religious factor of it all, after all what were we talking about? *nudge nudge? *  

Village Chieftain Smith

Aged Raider

9,525 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:31 pm
I third or forth the recommendation to start with book learning.

I don't know how old you are, but from your writing you sound young. There are a lot of people out there who prey on the young and ignorant in order to feed themselves - their ego, their psyche, whatever - and the only way to protect yourself is to ask questions first and agree later.

People who want to use you will not like answering questions and having their motives questions. People who don't want to use you should be open to being questioned.

I'd recommend starting with a lot of reading and lurking. Ask some basic questions. Also, in terms of imagery, protect your psychic "house". That is likely (one of) your inner safe places. You may have more than one (I'm, like, a bolt-spot queen in my psyche) but the House is a really kind of basic one.

I'd also recommend any spell crafting and most psychic attempts until you have some solid reading under your belt and have practiced some critical thinking. It's really easy to get overwhelmed and loose your Self - literally - and I would hate to see that happen to you.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff