Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
lol, got another question! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:12 am
ok, until, well, 2 days ago i did not know that the Book of Shadows was an actual written text (you know what i mean) so my question is, what would an individual call their personal magic/magick/magyk (you get the idea) journal?

and speaking of which what is the 'proper' way to spell magic/magick/magyk or is there even a 'proper' way?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:59 am
whiporwill-o
ok, until, well, 2 days ago i did not know that the Book of Shadows was an actual written text (you know what i mean) so my question is, what would an individual call their personal magic/magick/magyk (you get the idea) journal?
whiporwill-o
al magic journal".

whiporwill-o
and speaking of which what is the 'proper' way to spell magic/magick/magyk or is there even a 'proper' way?

magic.
Magick refers to the practices of Thelema. Crowley added a k to the end so it would better fit his magic squares, seriously.
Context will determine whether you are talking about stage magic or ceremonial/folk/wiccan/eccelectic magic. The k does not help.

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 pm
CuAnnan
magic.
Magick refers to the practices of Thelema. Crowley added a k to the end so it would better fit his magic squares, seriously.
Context will determine whether you are talking about stage magic or ceremonial/folk/wiccan/eccelectic magic. The k does not help.

hmm, i never knew that  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:15 pm
Stewart and Janet Farrar, of the Alexandrian tradition of the Wica, state in their book The Witches' Way that it is acceptable for people not of the Wica to call their spiritual journals a Book of Shadows.  

aoijea23487

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:11 pm
Illiezeulette
Stewart and Janet Farrar, of the Alexandrian tradition of the Wica, state in their book The Witches' Way that it is acceptable for people not of the Wica to call their spiritual journals a Book of Shadows.

ah, thanks 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:47 am
Also, some traditions have specific names for their collections of magical workings and texts.

The Slavs have a title that translates roughly to "Book of Whispers", and they have a separate title for their herbal texts.  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:08 pm
We have to write things down???? gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:16 pm
Deoridhe
We have to write things down???? gonk
If you have a memory like a sieve, it's sure as hell a good idea.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:20 pm
TeaDidikai
Also, some traditions have specific names for their collections of magical workings and texts.

The Slavs have a title that translates roughly to "Book of Whispers", and they have a separate title for their herbal texts.

wow, another thing i never knew! i'm gonna have to start writing all of this down, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 pm
whiporwill-o

wow, another thing i never knew! i'm gonna have to start writing all of this down, lol.
If we know more about your path, we might be able to say more about what such a text in your tradition might be called.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:06 pm
Illiezeulette

Stewart Farrar died a member of the Wica.
Janet Farrar is not a member of the Wica. She states as much in her book "Progressive Witchcraft".  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 pm
CuAnnan
Illiezeulette

Stewart Farrar died a member of the Wica.
Janet Farrar is not a member of the Wica. She states as much in her book "Progressive Witchcraft".
Read as a contextual reference to establish authority, since this was Stewart's opinion within the oaths he took and all.  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:50 pm
TeaDidikai
whiporwill-o

If we know more about your path, we might be able to say more about what such a text in your tradition might be called.

i'm not even sure what my path is. at this point i deem it eclectic, or just low magic witchcraft. there is so much to learn that i want to learn all i can before i make a solid decision. all i do know at this point is that Wicca is not the path for me, so thats one down, right?

for what its worth, i do tend to lean towards Greek deities, i love the lore.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:47 am
Written or otherwise, a Secret is a Secret.
In fact, letting slip which it is imperils it. ninja  

Fiddlers Green

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:18 am
I just call mine the "Journals of Withheld Disclosure" ninja  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items