Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Are there any... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:51 pm
Are there any pagan paths (or religions at all!) that are earth-based with witchcraft and meditation (I'm not sure if witchcraft automatically implies meditation)? Preferably polytheistic, NO SEX, and appropriate for a 14 years young girl.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:12 pm
a n n i v i
Are there any pagan paths (or religions at all!) that are earth-based with witchcraft and meditation (I'm not sure if witchcraft automatically implies meditation)? Preferably polytheistic, NO SEX, and appropriate for a 14 years young girl.

Welcome =)

I suppose I have a few questions, and I'm sure the others will have more. We're just trying to help though, so please keep in mind that just because someone questions something doesn't mean it's necessarily wrong. Sometimes things just aren't clear.

For example, you say that you're looking for an "earth-based" path, but... what is an "earth-based" path?

That is, are you looking for a tradition that worships the Earth, as in the planet? Are you looking for a path that involves the worship of earth, as in soil? Or maybe things grown from the earth? Or things that are made from earth?

You see what I mean? It's rather open to interperation!

So, what do you mean when you say "earth-based"?

Also, when you say "NO SEX", do you mean a path that commands or commends celibacy/abstinence, or do you mean a path which does not specifically include sex in rituals?  

Ashley the Bee

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:10 pm
Well, is there such a thing as green witchcraft? What I meant with earth-based is that it's very connected with the earth and the elements. I'm not sure if this is quite the right wording.... Also, when I said NO SEX I meant no sex in rituals.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:56 pm
a n n i v i
Well, is there such a thing as green witchcraft?
Since witchcraft is a magical tradition and magic itself doesn't reflect light, I usually say no.

If on the other hand you are looking for a style of witchcraft that deals with the seasons, flora and fauna etc, there are lots of those.
Quote:

What I meant with earth-based is that it's very connected with the earth and the elements. I'm not sure if this is quite the right wording.... Also, when I said NO SEX I meant no sex in rituals.

Standing Stone Tradition has those things.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:26 am
TeaDidikai
a n n i v i
Since witchcraft is a magical tradition and magic itself doesn't reflect light, I usually say no.

*tactfully avoids making Terry Pratchet references and just giggles silently to herself*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:04 am
Recursive Paradox
TeaDidikai
a n n i v i

*tactfully avoids making Terry Pratchet references and just giggles silently to herself*
Hesh you. You'll just confuse her.

Besides, that isn't green either.  

TeaDidikai

Nattfodd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:01 am
TeaDidikai

I believe I posted this before, yet my post disappeared... crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:05 am
There are books on the market all about 'green witchcraft'. Heh, I think there is a book even titled that at my local waterstones. The author escapes me.
Check out the bookstores!  

patch99329

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:20 am
Nattfodd
TeaDidikai

That is really strange, because when I moved it, I saw your post. I wonder if moving from one forum to another removes the posts.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:38 am
maenad nuri
Nattfodd
TeaDidikai

That is really strange, because when I moved it, I saw your post. I wonder if moving from one forum to another removes the posts.

Look farther down the page - there's two of this thread here.  

Collowrath

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 am
Collowrath
maenad nuri
Nattfodd
TeaDidikai

Look farther down the page - there's two of this thread here.

Ha! That's what I get for listening to Tea when she says "hey, shouldn't this be moved"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:50 am
Ah, well, that's what I get for not having my lens prescription up-to-date. xd  

Nattfodd

Opalescent_violet_14

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:53 am
Yeah I copied and pasted my first post into the correct forum because Tea told me it was in the wrong forum. But since I haven't checked back into the nuri's thread yet, I'll wait and see if I even need this one anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 am
patch99329
There are books on the market all about 'green witchcraft'. Heh, I think there is a book even titled that at my local waterstones. The author escapes me.
Check out the bookstores!
Yep. By one of the Frosts Supporters, Ana Mourea or some other insane made up spelling.  

TeaDidikai

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Yep. By one of the Frosts Supporters, Ana Mourea

...Are you serious?
I had NO idea.

I bought one of her books years ago when I was just starting out. It was confusing as all getup because she just assumed I'd read or bought her other books. I threw it out, though, since none of it appeals or applies to me.

No but seriously. I'm serious, I had no idea she was a Frosts supporter.

I think her name was something ridiculous like aoumiel or some odd pseudonym.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff