Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
How do you think Cygnus Knights will affect the maple world? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:39 am
With them right around the corner, everybody is excited to play them, and why not? New skills, Old skills with new looks, and they max at level 120, which makes a lot of people happy because they can accomplish the max level in no time compared to their normal counterparts. Though the topic question is after the excitement goes down, and we really get our teeth into the Knights. Will some classes be extinct? Will one class overrun all the others?

Personally, I think most are looking at them like most did pirates, and most won't get to level 70, just like how pirates were. I think sins will be replaced by KoC sins mostly. I think at first, only Blaze Wizards and Bishops will be common for awhile, and maybe Blaze Wizard actually replacing Fire Arch Mages, unless those who are hard core enough and want to get to lv. 200.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:56 am
I wanted to make a Flame Wizard but after seeing so many threads about them on Basil. I no longer feel the want to make one. I'm not saying I don't like them but kind of tired of them and they aren't even released.

I didn't and still don't feel they'll ruin MapleStory. Nexon puts restrictions on things so its not as easy as some people think. World Transfer, Maple Life, those all had dooms day thoughts about them from a good number of people. They didn't ruin Maple Story and the same can/will be said about Cygnus Knights.

They won't be as easy to level or as strong as some people are saying. Especially the Flame Wizards they wont be able to wield ele wands/staffs 5-8. And all of the Cygnus Knights characters wont be able to Pink Bean boss. (but that's not saying much since even regular characters can't seem to beat it rofl )

Jessikenz

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100

ShineErection

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:58 am

.: Well, they already ******** up the economy causing a shitload of inflation. Such as Glove ATT scrolls goin up to 20m. I'm not so sure about Nightwalkers replacing Sins. Although, there is a good chance since they get all the best 3rd job skills at 2nd. :.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:50 am
not sure if Nightwalkers will replace sins. but i think what will happen is everyone will suddenly go play KoC and u'll see very few normal classes around. then more ppl will get lvl 120 (MSEA has too many of them. the first one appeared a couple of days after KoC release. after that they were appearing like WOOSH). then ppl will wish they were fast too. and when they're not as fast, they revert back to their old account and everything will be back to normal, with a few KoCs here and there. and they'll switch btwn their KoC and normal accounts, depending on their moods. it's always like that ==  

xSabriel

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Zarow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:46 pm
King VRH

.: Well, they already ******** up the economy causing a shitload of inflation. Such as Glove ATT scrolls goin up to 20m. I'm not so sure about Nightwalkers replacing Sins. Although, there is a good chance since they get all the best 3rd job skills at 2nd. :.

Didn't that happen with pirates? It WAS bound to happen.

I don't think any jobs will be replaced.
KoC have different restrictions than adventurers, so they're completely different, but a lot alike (if that makes any sense).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:50 pm
Lol, Same thing will happen like of pirates.
Pirates were a big hype, then they'll die down.
Nexon will have a event for first Lvl 120 _______
Give off some more 2x events.
It won't really kill MS, the economy already died, only thing that will happen is the big hype that will go around. It'll just be overused with people trying it out.  

Regal Anomaly

2,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Junior Trader 100

xSabriel

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:16 am
hypes are good, really. sudden explosion of players. before that it was quite dead. channels and maps really lifeless.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:56 am
xSoul-Kage Nuva
It won't really kill MS, the economy already died, only thing that will happen is the big hype that will go around. It'll just be overused with people trying it out.

Haha.. Simplosion. I just remembered that name from LPQ tracking. <3

Hypes are nice.. They make MapleStory interesting. I just wish this KoC prequest didn't completely suck.
ONE quest that's easy and only really helps you level if you're around level 20-. D:  

Zarow

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:07 am
Zarow
xSoul-Kage Nuva

Haha.. Simplosion. I just remembered that name from LPQ tracking. <3

Hypes are nice.. They make MapleStory interesting. I just wish this KoC prequest didn't completely suck.
ONE quest that's easy and only really helps you level if you're around level 20-. D:

Or a lone bishop lol, the +10 m. atk coupled with GEN rocks, if only cause it's free and 10 min.s.
We need Hype, if only to keep coming back for more cause right now I'd quit if not for my friends.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:34 pm
Lol Really? XD  

Regal Anomaly

2,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Junior Trader 100

iiAlan

2,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:59 pm
well im gonna leech with my cousin he has a bishop so i might either be dawn warrior or night stalker  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:22 am
I dunno, im not super excited about them... Its just another char for me to have to worry about I suppose

Teh Puppet Queen

iDontDance

950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:04 am
There is one thing that i dont understand Cygnus Knights,, Is is like a 5th job or something? o-o; seen the videos, but i still not sure....  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:11 am
iDontDance
There is one thing that i dont understand Cygnus Knights,, Is is like a 5th job or something? o-o; seen the videos, but i still not sure....

It's like 5 new classes. You sign an old character up, to create a KoC character and start the KoC character.  

Kite Katolia

Timid Genius

6,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

iDontDance

950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:59 am
Kite Katolia
iDontDance

It's like 5 new classes. You sign an old character up, to create a KoC character and start the KoC character.

That mean start from the beginning... that will be "fun"....  
Maple Story

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff