Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Ryan and Jon's Magical Musical Excursion (The Young Veins) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:26 am
This thread is for updates on Ryan and Jon's musical project as soon as we get more information.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking that if they're leaving the band for this, it had better be pretty damn good.
Or I will be angry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:40 am
Lupina Blackwing
This thread is for updates on Ryan and Jon's musical project as soon as we get more information.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking that if they're leaving the band for this, it had better be pretty damn good.
Or I will be angry.

Honestly, I see it as more of a break up. Only, Spencer and Brendon decided to keep the band name. Besides that, though, I agree. This better be mind-blowing.  

Tangerine_Monster

Leowna

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:53 am
WatermelonSmiles
Lupina Blackwing

Or I will be angry.

Honestly, I see it as more of a break up. Only, Spencer and Brendon decided to keep the band name. Besides that, though, I agree. This better be mind-blowing.
kwnaejklwnagtjklawkbvgjkawbegjbgaw
That thought pisses me off even more.
Why would they do that?
DDD<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:06 pm
Here it says Ryan is going solo?!

Quote:
Ross, who was also the main songwriter in the band, is currently working on solo material in Los Angeles.

xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

GoodbyeLights

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:40 pm
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

Quote:
Ross, who was also the main songwriter in the band, is currently working on solo material in Los Angeles.

That would be the most logical step. 3nodding

I think we should make a sub-forum for Ryan and Jon because we still love them, right? wink
Let's donate to the guild for that!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:29 am
GoodbyeLights
xPanicxAtxThexBalletx

Quote:

That would be the most logical step. 3nodding

I think we should make a sub-forum for Ryan and Jon because we still love them, right? wink
Let's donate to the guild for that!

I second that notion! heart  

Shifting_Sand15

PanickedMusic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:16 pm
Ryan's going solo?!
So was Jon just kind of... ditched?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:52 pm
PanickedMusic
Ryan's going solo?!

This is horrible. D:
First Jon and Ryan quit the band to make pretty music together and then we find out Jon Walker's been ditched.
That's last we'll ever hear of Jon again.
>_<
...I think.

Kylie the Cumbie

PanicChic2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:12 pm
Kyli3Fosho
PanickedMusic
Ryan's going solo?!

This is horrible. D:
First Jon and Ryan quit the band to make pretty music together and then we find out Jon Walker's been ditched.
That's last we'll ever hear of Jon again.
>_<
...I think.
He wasn't ditched.
They're still working together.
If you follow their Twitters, they keep talking about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:39 pm
This better be good.

PrimeRibby
Captain

Pumpkin Smiles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:51 pm
This is what I believe is a demo of Ryan and Jon's new stuff: http://12seconds.tv/channel/thisisryanross/203423 (Ryan posted it on his twitter.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:29 am
AAAARRRGG!!!! I can't hear it! Someone please tell me, how does it sound?  

Tangerine_Monster

Leowna

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:52 am
Tangerine_Monster
AAAARRRGG!!!! I can't hear it! Someone please tell me, how does it sound?
To short for me to tell one way or the other.
It's like...
Seven seconds long.
._.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
_________Cause nobody wants to be the lst one there
_________And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
_________Someone to love with my life in their hands
_________There's gotta be somebody for me like that

User Image

It's just a few seconds of acoustic.
Random chords without lyrics.
If there were lyrics, it would be worth getting excited over.
But I predict another Pretty. Odd. coming from the Rywalk side of this.

User Image

Cause nobody wants to do it on their own _________
And everyone wants to know they're not alone _________
Somebody else that feels the same somewhere _________
There's gotta be somebody for me out there
_________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sandflea

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:41 am
Quote:
Over the past week, Ryan Ross has talked about splitting from Panic! at the Disco and answered questions about that now-infamous cocaine photo. But all he wants to discuss is his new music.

Because, really, the songs he's written with former Panic! bassist Jon Walker were the reason he decided to leave the band in the first place. They were a departure from the glossy pop tunes Brendon Urie and Spencer Smith were working on — they looked backward as opposed to forward, focusing instead on the crackling punch of old Stax Records 45s and the jangly pop of the Kinks — and the difference in musical direction was great enough to send him packing.

That should really tell you all you need to know about Ross' new tunes: He believes in them so much that he's willing to stake his career on them.

"I think the songs are a lot more focused than what you might have heard on Pretty. Odd. I don't think we're going to do any orchestration. ... They just sound like a band," Ross said. "They're more, uh, I wouldn't want to say 'heavy,' but I guess I would have to, in the sense of, like, early garage music and Kinks and stuff. The songs are shorter and faster, and I guess they're more rock and roll than flowery stuff.

"We were really into a lot of the Motown and Stax Records stuff when we first started. ... I don't know if you'll really hear that, but that's what got us into the idea of writing songs that are fun and short and have a good groove that you can dance to and mixed with the Ray Davies and the Kinks stuff," Ross continued. "It's a lot more groove-oriented, and we realized that maybe that was one thing we were lacking on Pretty. Odd., was that some of the stuff was really long and kind of slower — which is fine — but this time we wanted to write stuff that was gonna be fun live and sound like a band."

If there is a hint from his Panic! past as to what the new stuff might sound like, Ross points to "It's Almost Halloween," the punchy, go-go garage track he wrote with his former bandmates last year. Soon, you'll be able to judge for yourself, because Ross and Walker are preparing to release their first-ever single, a tune they're tentatively calling "Change."

Of course, how they'll release it remains to be seen, because, at the moment, they are a band without a label, caught in a very special (yet not all that uncommon) sort of legal limbo.

"We're not sure how this will all play out, because Jon never signed to Fueled by Ramen, and I am still under contract, so we're trying to figure out whether or not they're gonna kind of end the contract or not," Ross said. "Because it doesn't seem like it's going to be the right place for this stuff, and I think everybody knows that, on both sides, [FBR President] John Janick included. It's just been taking some time to get worked out."

Regardless, Ross said "Change" will be heard soon. And he and Walker are hard at work on their debut album, logging time with Pretty. Odd. producer Rob Mathes and getting help from their musical friends, including Phantom Planet frontman Alex Greenwald and former Panic! touring keyboardist Eric Ronick. The goal, he said, is to have the album out this year, put together a backing band and hit the road. And while he's confident the legal issues will be cleared up, there's still one hurdle standing in Ross' way: His band needs a name.

"Right now, we don't have a name at all," he laughed. "If you've got any good band names, send 'em to me."

>_<
Wtf man.

Source is from MTV.
Not patdonline this time. xD I actually went to mtv.com clicked on "BREAKING NEWS" and of course, you've got Mr. Ryan Ross' picture staring right atcha.

Other Music Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff