Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Nayumi's Sketchbook

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayumi-kuru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Ah, well I didn't actually know how to name the topic xD not all of the drawings are sketches but oh wells xD
I'd like help about my drawings as the others : D so.. that's it ._.;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Very cool stuff, your inking seems pretty good too. I really like the way you shaded the top image, the shadows are quite bold, although there should be some more around the face, but im guessing you didnt to make it the point of focus. You seem to have a good idea on the form of the young female.

You seem quite sustained in your method. This is quite good but also has its downsides, doing only one thing or one method could stop you from progressing and youll be stuck in a tunnel vision.
Your profiles seems quite similar, so try looking at different ways of drawing faces, unless the bottom two are twins/same person its hard to tell them apart.

Pretty sweet stuff, id love to see some these coloured.

Nonobotica

Nayumi-kuru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:19 pm

ooh I see, actually in the first one I searched for over 1 hour I guess to see where else to put shadows ._.;; but I really was clueless so to focus on the face wasn't the intention xD;; so thanks.
In the last one the 2 characters are supposed to be the same one, but I use to make many similar faces over and over, so thanks again, for the advice. : D!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:28 am

the one problem I saw was the wings, wings have muscle, and tend to move like an extra arm. I think they have some tutorials here, not sure, if not you have always look on Deviant Art ^^

I love you art BTW

Taelune

Familiar Gaian

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:47 pm

i'm gonna correct you slightly there raeyu

yes the wing is like an arm, so it had the same muscles. but the function of a wing is totally different so there for the muscles will look differnt.

the function of the wing is to flap. the muscle that fuels this action is the pec major. this is why birds have big breast i.e. chickens.

but since this is a fantasy piece i think muscle wise the wing looks fine. i don;t know about the curve in the what would be the humerus bone/ but i think thats up to nayumi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:11 pm

hmm, I get it (about the wings), I'll pay more attention to the wings then, thanks a lot : D!

Nayumi-kuru

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff