Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Kirby fanart

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nonobotica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:38 pm

I just recently completed my drawing and Id like some opinions on it.
Maybe some different methods or what you think would have improved the picture would be best.

The idea was to draw Kirby hitting Metaknight while in Metaknights shadow, sort of an underdog scene.

A few textures where used, over all I think Im happy with it, but I often can become quite blinded to my own work when drawing and it takes me a while to see it how others would.
I was having problems with the over all feel of it, It started out on a light background but changed to a dark, i thought there wasnt enough foreground and other objects to bring it all together. Does it look quite bland?

Also, hurr maybe I should make a more obvious light source, e.g, the moon.

User Image

Perhaps ill edit it further with comments, hmm.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:58 pm

first off i want to say good job. its a very nice painting. i think overall you are very successful in what you were trying too pull off. i totally got the underdog feeling when i saw the pic before i read your description.

but i feel like you didn't spend enough time with Kirby. i know he's a very simple character but you could have done more with his hat. it looks a little flat. also the shadows on Kirby are inconsistent with the fact that he's standing in a shadow

lastly complements on metaknight left hand its not easy pulling off the lighting for that

Folken_Schezar
Crew

Nonobotica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Thank you very much!
Yeah I think youre right, hes looking a little too dark for such a shadow, also looking at the lighting around it which would brighten him up because of the light floor. Hmm, Ill defiantly try tweaking it.
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games